General Does anyone miss...

tookeytookey_old

Tony Kemp *shock* I'm beginning to, at least he got angry once in a while. Pity he too couldn't make a change to a team that was losing in terms of the selections.

What about Mark Graham? At least he would blood the youngsters. I guarantee the only change to be made will be Price for Gatis with Gatis as 18th man. Guarantee it.

raypower_old

I don't miss Kemp but I do miss Graham. He had the balls to make some changes and I think he got a rough deal...despite the fact he technically sacked himself when he promised the Warriors would make the 8 or he'd resign...

Northern_Union

I'm beginning to question Cleary as a coach.

Having said that i'm also inclined to remind everyone that Cleary doesn't miss the tackles out there or drop balls.

Last season all the talk was about the teams development.....but i ask you again as i did in another thread....whats changed from last season, we're still losing the close ones and making dumb mistakes and my personal peeve we still have baggage at 5/8 in Ropati. At least today we had a first grade kicking game and crisp passing game in Witt.

*Kimmy*_old

Nah I don't miss Kemp.

But i'm wondering week after week why the f**k is Sonny Fai not in the First Grade side???????????????? I mean he could do wonders for them! But they'll never know if they don't try.

tookeytookey_old

Northern Union, I don't know if missing tackles or errors cost us that game. They were "tight" in that respect, (apart from Lance Hohaia), but there was absolutely no enterprise. No depth in attack, no width in attack, no players hitting holes, no players running angles, no one out hit up with a man on the outside running a line to take away a bit of dominance at the ruck. They're basics. That's a coaching problem if you ask me.

KeepingTheFaith_old

He won't do wonders, but he might provide the odd spark of excitement which we're sorely lacking at the moment.

Looking back I feel sorry for Graham. It was his regime that gave the core of our 2001-2003 teams a start in first grade.

So far we've used 23 players and I don't see anyone in that 23 who can get us to the finals. With that in mind at what point do we start looking to the future? If Gatis, Martin and Anderson aren't going to be there next year then what's the point?

raypower_old

It seems to be a lack of imagination or research. Granted you can't really research on players that haven't played in first grade but we seem to run the same stock standard plays time after time...

Northern_Union

Northern Union, I don't know if missing tackles or errors cost us that game. They were "tight" in that respect, (apart from Lance Hohaia), but there was absolutely no enterprise. No depth in attack, no width in attack, no players hitting holes, no players running angles, no one out hit up with a man on the outside running a line to take away a bit of dominance at the ruck. They're basics. That's a coaching problem if you ask me.

Actually i was asking why we didn't try and change the angles a little more seeing as it was wet. To be honest this is a basic of wet weather football. So in that respect your probably right Tooks that Cleary should have done some thing about it.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Actually i was asking why we didn't try and change the angles a little more seeing as it was wet. To be honest this is a basic of wet weather football. So in that respect your probably right Tooks that Cleary should have done some thing about it.

It's something a lot of the Warriors players don't seem to understand. It's as much a responsibility of the ball runners to change angles and provide options as it is the halves and the Warriors forwards too often are flat footed and running a straight line which makes it far too easy for defenses to read.

Skinny_Ravs82

Nah I don't miss him.

Reasons? I can't remember because as far as I recall he did nothing special.

Do I still trust Cleary? Well I do in some instances (yes I'm probably being naive about it...denial perhaps?), he is making mistakes though I know but I guess what coach doesn't? He has a yard stick to measure too and right now he and everyone else is failing that yard stick. For mind, it is a put up or shut up senario. If he wants to stick with what he's got then so be it. Who are we to challenge that? As much as we hate it

Should we punt him? I don't know...I just wonder how many more chances will he get before some one who matters starts to put the heat on?