General Do any players stay addicted to training?

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Are there any 40-50yo ex NRL players still in good shape?

Personally id think it must be hard if you enjoy fitness. But I can see how some would turn to fast food and couch potato for a while after retiring. Both would be fair enough....

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
The tough bit is reducing your food intake for the reduced workload. Plenty of ex players put on weight because they don't adjust one to suit the other

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Fit: Richie Barnett, Monty Beatham, Wairangi Koopu, Steve Kearney spring to mind.
On the other side of the ledger - Stacey Jones, Peter Brown, Daryl Brohman, Big Joe Vagana is now Bigger Joe Vagana.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Apparently for longevity a moderate level of walking fitness is optimum.

Over exercising drains the systems of older people and causes them to age faster. This is because as their digestive systems weaken with age they lose the ability to absorb the nutrients needed to maintain peak fitness.

So the less you sweat, the slower you age.

I don't think it has any real effect on young people, and people with exceptional diets carried through from a young age tho.

Reactions: Sup42

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Don’t know if he still does it but, when my wife and I went to look for our membership seats a few years ago, ivan had just sent the boys back into the changing sheds after training and he stayed out to run up and down the stairs to the western stand at MSS.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Wayne Bennetts in great nic.

Craig Bellamy of course.

Richie Barnett could still motor at the nines tournament, he was fast as.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Wtf?

Sweat makes u age?

Is that what I’m doing wrong?!

No wonder it’s only the old crumply skinned people with me in the saunas... they’re prObably in their 20’s aye??
LOL

It's the loss of minerals through sweat that makes you age faster.

If you keep your dietary intake up to scratch then no problem.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Brad Thorn still looks l think he could go 60 mins

Big fan of Brad Thorn

He’s still playing isn’t he?

a legend and then some.

Remember watching him play for Canterbury at Eden Park when he first switched codes. Looked so dam good for someone new to rugby....

Last Game

19 Jun

06 - 10
4.4 Total Avg Rating
5.4 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 16 ratings