• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL Disconnect between bunker & match review committee

Bay39er

Contributor
In the Wahs game 8 players were put on report but only 2 charged by the MRC which suggests that the bunker is not working from the same hymn sheet as the MRC

Would it be better if the bunker only advised the ref on incidences where a bin or send-off was warranted (most of which are obvious anyway) and other indiscretions were picked up by the MRC in their review of the game.

8 on reports suggests a "dirty" game when it fact with only 2 being charged it has only highlighted the "incompetence" of the bunker official/s

NZWarriors.com
It’s not the bunkers

It’s Kacey Badger

She has no fucking idea.

She’s like the Aussie breakdancer. Read it all from books not on the ground.
Can't blame her solely as there are more than one in the bunker discussing the play including an ex FG to give the "players perspective"

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
She's the only official probably - I understood there were about 4 to analyse decisions but obviously that idea was just to get us believing all is above board. By the way where is is the optiically challenged "independant doctor" situated. Just asking like

Nothing good ever crawled out of a bunker..... let alone entered one..... I think human history has shown that.

I'm surprised an oraganisation such as the NRL would even use such a term to describe it's 'all seeing/policing/authoritative, central command centre.

It's a negative term with negative connotations, hence it's negative reputation.

Sorry for the rant, probably nothing to do with the original question, but it's gotta be about the biggest blight on the game atm.

Nothing good ever crawled out of a bunker..... let alone entered one..... I think human history has shown that.

I'm surprised an oraganisation such as the NRL would even use such a term to describe it's 'all seeing/policing/authoritative, central command centre.

It's a negative term with negative connotations, hence it's negative reputation.

Sorry for the rant, probably nothing to do with the original question, but it's gotta be about the biggest blight on the game atm.
Well put. Absolutely agree with you Sad though isn't it. No longer are games decided on strengths , weaknesses or ability
It's all about the money and it's going to get worse with the USA interests.

Last edited:
Should be like soccer or rugby - bunker present the evidence and the onfield ref makes the final call

The ref for the AB game last week overruled a yellow card which the TMO wanted, the ref made a good call

It’s insane some idiots just make random calls for key tries from upstairs and the refs on field had no say

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Back