Pick Your Team 2023 Finals Week 1 - Penrith vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a part of me that is happy no matter what the outcome of the next few games is, considering the pre-season expectations.....

But then I think about the fact that we are a top 4 team and have been camped in the top eight for pretty much the entire season and say 'Fuck that'.

I'm suspect that there's another level within this team and I want to see it come out this game.

Regardless, it's going to be one hell of a slog.

At last we are here.

Congratulations Warriors, you earned it.

Leeeeeeeettttts GET READY RUMBLE!

The biggest game of the season, been saying that a lot this year, but no one can dispute it against the defending Premiers.

Can we win?

Yeah we can win with our shut out defence., it is pretty obvious that this is the key in this game. Our try line defence and Kick chase are our best assets. Get those two things in order and deliver for a whole game and we will win. A few ifs buts and maybe's sure, but it is fifnals time and it is time to press GO.

I wanted Penrith. Go after the bullies and show them you have bad intentions.

There is no better way to start a finals campaign than to go Buster Douglas on the Panthers.

1. Charnze Nicoll Klockstad
2. Dallin Watene Zelezniak
3. Rocco Berry
4. Adam Wetere Pompey
5. Carlos Montoya
6. Te Maire Martin
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Addin Fonua Blake
9. Wade Egan
10 Lulio Afoa
11. Josh Curran
12 Marata Niukore
13. Tohu Harris

14. Dylan Waler.
15. Mitchell Barnett
16. Bayley Sironen
17. Freddy Lussick

18. Jackson Ford.
I like everything you’ve said but in the last fortnight I’ve noticed Bunty putting the team under early pressure giving away penalties right down their half. I would swap Barnett to start and Bunty off the bench.

Thats unforgiveable
I guess you’ve got dummy half cover in Sironen to carry Ford over Lussick but also Ford can be susceptible to giving away a cheap penalty or set restarts. This will be balls out so wouldn’t be surprised to see Egan pickup the odd knock but I think him at dummy half is one of the few areas we’re stronger. Ford is a fearless hole runner so could be handy to let the starting back rowers beat each other up and have Ford hitting some holes at pace. Heaps of good arguments for the strongest side we can field right now.

Thats unforgiveable
Had to come up with something different to post a list.

Ford penalties are a shocker. Errors are consistently annoying, killing the attack, and what about those big gaps eh.

Would have had Jazz in there but he is clearly out so using Lussicks defence to spell Curran.

We need perfect defence to even be in the contest, and discipline, and to maintain possession, Ford is none of those things.

Last edited:
Webster won't be putting Walker at 6 and Ford will definitely be in the team.

I think 16 of the 17 is selected, the last spot is Lussick/Siro/Ale

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 A Pompey
5 M Montoya
6 T M Martin
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 B Afoa
11 J Ford
12 M Niukore
13 T Harris

14 M Barnett
15 D Walker
16 J Curran
17 Lussick/Siro/Ale

Personally my choice is Ale. We need more size in the forwards.

Its 4 v 4 with their fb in the line, Marata overplays lining up the next guy, but he hasnt exposed the gap. By all rights Sironen should absolutely hammer the ball carrier here, but he meekly slides off for a missed. soft as fuck.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 120337.png

I feel TMM and Walker are currently below their best. 2 gun players when on form.

I don’t think they would have got anything out of last night though.
Walker I’m a bit worried about and agree with you on. I wonder if he needs his hype man/sidekick Jazz to really get him firing?

TMM was rusty as and admitted postgame feeling pretty gassed but I think the opposite and feel he would’ve got a lot out of that (as disappointing as it was) and go up another level next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back