General Diablo 3

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Mar 30, 2012
Anyone excited?

I loved D1 and 2 but cant get excited about the Character classes in the new game. And it seems to have the pastel-y soft focus WoW style graphics which i dont appreciate either.

Conclusion: will buy and bitch about it.

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Apr 2, 2012
I tolerated the first one to a point, but there's no way I'd be keen for this unless it had actual roleplaying, as opposed to hack 'n' slash ad nauseum.

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
I tolerated the first one to a point, but there's no way I'd be keen for this unless it had actual roleplaying, as opposed to hack 'n' slash ad nauseum.
I love the Diablo games. Replay value x 1000. Though D2 I got more enjoyment out of our various LANs than through single player.

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Apr 2, 2012
True. It had its strength as a LAN game. Single player was just so boring.

MarkW

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Orcland
My wife is a big fan of the Diablo franchise, but I could never really get into them. She's pre-ordered No.3 so I'll give it a try.

Spending most of my time playing Skyrim atm. Love the concept and quest lines despite its bugginess.

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
My wife is a big fan of the Diablo franchise, but I could never really get into them. She's pre-ordered No.3 so I'll give it a try.

Spending most of my time playing Skyrim atm. Love the concept and quest lines despite its bugginess.

You're married to a woman who likes the Diablo games? Where on earth did you find her?! This sounds amazing.

esoj

U20's Player
Apr 14, 2012
people say they won't buy this but come may 15th everyone will be playing this including me.

a.c.e

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
I have to say Ive never been a fan of Diablo, just admire from afar. Looking at the game play in the new D3 I might give it a go. I'll have to look at upgrading the pc though. Im playing The Witcher 2 on about medium settings and its going along fine. If D3 is 360 controller compatible thats a bonus.

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Apr 2, 2012
I'm really not interested in spending money on a new game, nor does the gameplay appeal. I want more than 'go there and kill stuff'. Even Baldur's and Neverwinter felt overly restrictive.

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
In which game?

Diablo 3...

Haha and I was making a crappy joke, on the assumption you'd know what I was talking about! :mad:

Anyway...from Wiki:

On 1 August 2011, it was reported that Diablo III will feature two types of auction houses; one where players spend in-game gold and another where players can buy or sell virtual items for real-world money.[25] The real money auction house will not be available in Hardcore mode.[26]
Blizzard has stated that nearly everything that drops on the ground, including gold, can be traded with other players directly or through the auction house system. Aside from certain quest items, there will be very few (if any) items that will be bound to a particular character and therefore un-tradable.[26]
In order to get rated in Korea, Blizzard has agreed to drop the auction house from the Korean release of the game as some Korean government members thought the auction house violated Korean anti-gambling laws. [27]