General Depth Chart 2011

Jesbass_old

Both Dans and Spences comments have merrit. Having said that though he only seems to get picked at centre when injuries see him pushed into the roll.

Nathan? :D

That's because he isn't one of our top two choices at centre. Ropati (left) and Tate (right) are our first choices. Then Brown (left) and Moon (right) appear to be the current backups.

Northern_Union

Nathan? :D

That's because he isn't one of our top two choices at centre. Ropati (left) and Tate (right) are our first choices. Then Brown (left) and Moon (right) appear to be the current backups.

Thats it i'm leaving the forum till the play offs. If anyone wants me they can contact me at Daves place.

Jesbass_old

I've had enough of all these people leaving. To combat this trend, I'm leaving!

daj3_old

There really isn't a lot of difference between a 2nd rower and a centre. In fact, there isn't a lot of difference between any position on the league field anymore. It's more down to individual players' playing styles, and how they best work together on the paddock. But especially in the case of second row and centre, they defend and attack right next to each other. For mine, Brown is a genuine utility, and deserves a spot somewhere in the squad on his performance and consistency this year, I reckon he's only had 2 off games max. I wouldn't complain regardless of where Ivan puts him, as long as he's in the squad and not at prop... though I'd be a bit weirded out if he was put at 7.

2big2strong_old

Man, I just used that NRL game analyser (that word looks so dirty when it's written) on NRL.com. I went through most of the games this year and had a look at line breaks etc and Lewis Brown is just amazing. He is in the thick of most of our big plays and line breaks, I hope they sign him for life he's becoming our #1 attacking weapon whatever number he has on his back.

Northern_Union

Sharkie has two things going for him. Outstanding leg drive and great upper body strenght. He offen either throws tacklers off him or powers through a small gap for a line break.
Brown is the future of the team i feel.

David Bragg_old

My team of players signed or not resigned elsewhere yet

Locke
Inu
Brown
Ropati
Vatuvei
Maloney
Seymour
Rapira
Hohaia
Packer
Mannering
Mateo
Luck

Johnson
Matulino
Ta'ai
Lattimore

Moon,Lousi,Poching,Gavet,Taylor,Seluini,Rapira,Topou make up a 25 man squad.
Others like Mara,Penehe,Fisiahi,Niko,Ioane,Matt Robinson, Ben Henry and Sam Lousi should try to be retained.

2 or 3 or maybe all of Lillyman,Henderson,Heremaia, John and Royal may face the axe.

kingkole_old

Going to try and get a depth chart going for 2011, will need some help.

Players are in order of preference

Fullback
Locke (1)
Inu
Ropati
Hohaia

Wing
Vatuvei (5)
Inu (2)
Ah Van
Tupou

Center
Ropati (4)
Moon (3)
Inu
Brown
Taylor

Stand Off
Maloney (6)
Seymour
John
Johnson
Mateo

Halfback
Seymour (7)
Johnson
John
Maloney

Prop
Sam Rapira (8)
Packer (10)
Matulino (Bench)
Latimore (Bench)
Poaching
Gavet

Hooker
Hohaia
Heremaia
Henderson
Mara

Backrow
Mateo (11)
Mannering (12)
Luck (13)
Taai (Bench)
Brown
Steve Rapira
Lousi
Taylor

Potential Players
Matai
Blair

Players Leaving
Price
Tait
Lillyman
Likiliki
Royal
watching nrl on fox these some pretty good free agents up for grabs,pritchard,wade graeme,taniela tuiaki,sonny tuigamala,minichelo,be good if we could tap into a few of these guys.

Iafeta_old

watching nrl on fox these some pretty good free agents up for grabs,pritchard,wade graeme,taniela tuiaki,sonny tuigamala,minichelo,be good if we could tap into a few of these guys.

Wade Graham has gone to Cronulla, Minichiello has said he will not play against the Roosters, with Graham now gone Penrith are looking to finalise a deal for Frank Pritchard, Tuigamala really made no impact in first grade and had a few too many errors (although he is young) and there is a strong suggestion that Tuiaki's career is over due to the injury he sustained last year.

kingkole_old

Wade Graham has gone to Cronulla, Minichiello has said he will not play against the Roosters, with Graham now gone Penrith are looking to finalise a deal for Frank Pritchard, Tuigamala really made no impact in first grade and had a few too many errors (although he is young) and there is a strong suggestion that Tuiaki's career is over due to the injury he sustained last year.

i dont no about tuiaki injury been career ending,but i still think their are some pretty good free agents available.

Spence_old

We could do worse than Tuiaki. I'd have to see how his leg is holding up first though.

No thanks to the rest, we don't need people in those positions. Well Anthony, I guess, but I don't see why he would come over here to be back up winger.

AussieWarriorsFan_old

Imagine Lewis Brown running off Mateo, drawing the fullback and sending Maloney, Locke, Hohaia, Ropati or Inu in under the "horns". I'm seeing lots of long range tries in my dreams!!!

Ryno_old

Anyones views changed after the kiwi performances?

Matulino has been an absolute beast and Packer and Brown were awesome in the Maoris.

They will probably need to find a bench spot for Brown maybe we dont take a specific hooker sub and let Brown / Hohaia do the back up duties?