Defence

Defence

We paid him a lot more than he was worth, creating a value expectation. I doubt he is desperate enough to come home on minimum wage.
Well that’s pretty much his choices- take the $150,000 (which isn’t chicken feed tbf) or stay in England…
There might be another nrl club willing to pay a bit more- idk- but at his age and with the way he left that’s all I’d be offering- take it or leave it Fusitua….

Paulo24

Paulo24

Well that’s pretty much his choices- take the $150,000 (which isn’t chicken feed tbf) or stay in England…
There might be another nrl club willing to pay a bit more- idk- but at his age and with the way he left that’s all I’d be offering- take it or leave it Fusitua….
Like said above he has the physical attributes. Too slow for a winger now I think, but a centre close to the line he would be a handful. The issue is his grit and desire. It’s hard to see great things coming from signing him even though theoretically it could be a great point of difference for us. Big, strong, leaping centre.

TeetsNRL

TeetsNRL

Can’t be on that much more in England would he?

That’s about average salary there.

Reactions: Defence
Defence

Defence

Can’t be on that much more in England would he?

That’s about average salary there.
Done a bit of googling and yeah the average super league wage is about $150,000 Australian.
The only figure I could find for Fusitua was 300,000 pounds which is about 525,000 aust dollars and apparently we were paying a fair chunk of that last year so now Leeds have to take his whole salary on they would probably be happy enough to let him go.
The other interesting thing was that it was Richard agar who convinced him to sign with Leeds and of course he’s now part of our coaching staff….