Player David Fusitua

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Heyzeuss spare me, I love Yorkshire, the people and the beer, but compared to the south of France? WTF is his agent?
Ha ha , Leeds is a lovely City as is Yorkshire. In saying that , Perpignan and the South of France is a special place too.

I Can only assume that he was offered more at Leeds, he wanted to live in a place that spoke English ( can be hard to understand) and be surrounded by a culture that is closer to NZ?

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Maybe that why he went to Leeds as may not have seen much ball with Konnie feeding him?
Doubt he plays wing on that coin. He probably gets an opportunity to play fullback or something.

Honestly, he's far too good for Super League. But thats such a Fusitua move to go play in a league where he's still probably one of the best players while in second gear. He just wants to coast the rest of career.

Last edited:

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
Now confirmed.

Vodafone Warriors winger David Fusitua has been granted an immediate release from his contract and will continue his career in the English Super League.

“David has an opportunity to secure his future in the United Kingdom and wants the chance to make a fresh start,” said Vodafone Warriors recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan.

“He has had a difficult time in 2020 and 2021 but, at his best, he is one of the leading outside backs in the game. Going to the Super League gives him the chance to rediscover his form.

“As our longest-serving Vodafone Warriors player he has made a huge contribution to the club. We thank him for his service and wish David and his family all the best for the future

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Now confirmed.

Vodafone Warriors winger David Fusitua has been granted an immediate release from his contract and will continue his career in the English Super League.

“David has an opportunity to secure his future in the United Kingdom and wants the chance to make a fresh start,” said Vodafone Warriors recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan.

“He has had a difficult time in 2020 and 2021 but, at his best, he is one of the leading outside backs in the game. Going to the Super League gives him the chance to rediscover his form.

“As our longest-serving Vodafone Warriors player he has made a huge contribution to the club. We thank him for his service and wish David and his family all the best for the future
I am sad.
The guy was one of the best on his day, which more often than not was for MMT, and he is actually a 3rd generation Kiwi.
A bit strange, but life goes on.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Doubt he plays wing on that coin. He probably gets an opportunity to play fullback or something.

Honestly, he's far too good for Super League. But thats such a Fusitua move to go play in a league where he's still probably one of the best players while in second gear. He just wants to coast the rest of career.
where did u c how much he is getting paid? i read the stuff article and they dont say

Reactions: bruce

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
where did u c how much he is getting paid? i read the stuff article and they dont say
He was on $500k odd and even if Leeds are paying like 60% of that (wild guess) then that’s a lot for a winger in super league with smaller salary caps. Which is why they probably looking at him as a fullback or to replace Hurrell at centre

Reactions: gREVUS

gpred

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Sep 23, 2016
Wish David all the best. He was a good Warrior for a couple of years but never really delivered on his potential. I think he will be better suited to the UK.

Let's be honest if he stayed he was holding us back, so this is best for us and him I think.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Wish David all the best. He was a good Warrior for a couple of years but never really delivered on his potential. I think he will be better suited to the UK.

Let's be honest if he stayed he was holding us back, so this is best for us and him I think.
its amazing how many players have 1 amazing year and then disappear into mediocrity. I am disappointed that he never developed further for us but agree that this is defn best for the warriors.

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
its amazing how many players have 1 amazing year and then disappear into mediocrity. I am disappointed that he never developed further for us but agree that this is defn best for the warriors.

A strategy that we used to use in NHL fantasy was to prioritize and draft players that were in their final contract year, because they used to pull finger and go nuts. Once they got their next contract they would then tail off again.

Reactions: bruce and gREVUS

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings