Player David Fusitua

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
He is a massive talent, but a lazy fucker. Who would want him?
Bull shirt .... clubs would line up to sign him. Some clubs may even have an accurate half who’ll work out that he can out jump most other wingers in the NRL.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
It strikes me as strange to reward someone not putting in with a release.
Too good a talent? He needs to show it rather than slump to the lower level- that shows character not half arseing it

It’s not a reward. It’s a cry for help.

Clearly the coach has no idea how good Fus is or how to use him as a strike weapon. Give someone else a go...

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
It’s not a reward. It’s a cry for help.

Clearly the coach has no idea how good Fus is or how to use him as a strike weapon. Give someone else a go...

That’s part of the problem, ‘a cry for help’ as you put it is Fus not taking responsibility. Not chasing for a try saving/match winning play is just lazy- no excuses/‘it’s not his fault’. Can’t say Fus doesn’t have a history of this sort of behaviour- the “get up Fus!” Incident springs to mind.
Good players will inject themselves or go looking for work if things don’t go their way, if the play isn’t going to Fus’ wing then maybe he plays support for offloads that no one in this team seems to want to do? Maybe he doesn’t run too flat when the ball is coming his way?
He’s more than capable of being an excellent player I just don’t think he’s doing himself any favours at the moment.
The longer we accept this as fans the longer it continues, I get sick of the excuses

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
I watched his chase and wondered why he didn’t put in any real effort until 30 metres to go.... watched it again and the only conclusion I could come up with was he expected his fullback to make the easy 1 on 1 tackle. Still not sure how RTS managed to completely miss the Panthers player as he did nothing but a gentle swerve that somehow managed to run past him virtually untouched!!

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
That’s part of the problem, ‘a cry for help’ as you put it is Fus not taking responsibility. Not chasing for a try saving/match winning play is just lazy- no excuses/‘it’s not his fault’. Can’t say Fus doesn’t have a history of this sort of behaviour- the “get up Fus!” Incident springs to mind.
Good players will inject themselves or go looking for work if things don’t go their way, if the play isn’t going to Fus’ wing then maybe he plays support for offloads that no one in this team seems to want to do? Maybe he doesn’t run too flat when the ball is coming his way?
He’s more than capable of being an excellent player I just don’t think he’s doing himself any favours at the moment.
The longer we accept this as fans the longer it continues, I get sick of the excuses

Totally get it. Goes back to my point. Release him and see if he thrives in a different environment then. Continuing to select him while he’s disengaged doesn’t promote accountability. I am more angry that if he’s as lazy as everyone keeps saying, why is he still being picked every week? (Rhetorical question)

Will Kearney have the balls to drop him??? That is the question.

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
Until yesterday I was in the ‘opportunities aren’t coming his way’ camp but after seeing him yet again over run his support lines and the lack of effort to chase a match winning break have me pissed at his performance- what’s happened to this guy? It wasn’t an easy chance but even his (non) try yesterday was out of character to muck up. It still baffles me the inconsistencies and attitude problems in this teams performances
In the words of the immortal bruce bruce, he's a "lip-dropper"..

Still, he was able to hold his head high last season with a fabulous try-scoring run and with great assistance from SJ..

Last edited:

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
If The coach drops Fus - it’ll mean that Kearney is failure. He signed him for a long term deal and has failed to develop him since that signing.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Get real, SK ain't gonna kick to Fussy's wing in the red zone. That's Blake Green's job, you know the so-called experienced cool hand general playing on the field..

Halves are supposed to be an extension of the coaches mind and strategy/game plan.
This is why SK never got on with Foran and SJ. They wouldn’t follow his game plan.

“Kick to Ken in the red zone”

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
In the words of the immortal bruce bruce, he's a "lip-dropper"..

Still, he was able to hold his head high last season with a fabulous try-scoring run and with great assistance from SJ..
It was a fantastic record. Funny thing after watching Manu dancing yesterday and comparing the two. Both amazing athletes with fantastic records in the NRL but with flawed attitudes that detracted from their team performances. Just saying like.

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
hamilton
Fus is a fantastic finisher but other than that his skills are mostly average for a winger.
Last year he got lucky and was put on the outside of a lethal right edge and it let him showcase what he can do.
Now that he doesn’t have those players making the opportunities for him the less than stellar sides to his game are becoming more obvious.
He’s not a player that can create opportunities. I don’t remember many instances of him creating space or beating his man one on one to to make a lone break. surprisingly it turned out to be Maumalo who was more capable at those things.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Fus is a fantastic finisher but other than that his skills are mostly average for a winger.
Last year he got lucky and was put on the outside of a lethal right edge and it let him showcase what he can do.
He did the same for Tonga too, but not in the last test. I just hope he isn't unwell for some reason. Also certain things don't come by chance e.g. winning the US Open Golf and top try scorer in the NRL. He was also 2nd in the players poll for best winger behind Josh Ado-Carr. Just saying like. ;)
It's after Jun 30, we can promote Selestino Ravutaumada from the development squad. Time for Fus to have a stint in reserve grade! If we're judging from pre-season picks at least 'Tino will be leading the chase every time.
Once we are certainly out of the 8 I would drop him to ISP immediately, and leave him there with Adam Blair until they both piss off. There won't be any crowds to impress at MSS anyway.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
It was a fantastic record. Funny thing after watching Manu dancing yesterday and comparing the two. Both amazing athletes with fantastic records in the NRL but with flawed attitudes that detracted from their team performances. Just saying like.
I think your comparing a player at the end of his career and a player just setting out. Manus attitude was fantastic for years, it was what drew me to him. Fus has all the talent, but turns it on and off like a faulty light bulb.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I think your comparing a player at the end of his career and a player just setting out. Manus attitude was fantastic for years, it was what drew me to him. Fus has all the talent, but turns it on and off like a faulty light bulb.
Yes I agree. I was meaning Manu's leading the young guys astray with his light hearted approach to life.

Reactions: gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Yes I agree. I was meaning Manu's leading the young guys astray with his light hearted approach to life.
off the field - yea he had bad habbits, but on the field a totally different beast.

Reactions: Defence

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney Rate Match

Last Game

18 Apr

20 - 14
7.2 Total Avg Rating
7.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 4.9
    Peta Hiku