David Fusitua

Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Or maybe Fus needs to get off his wing and start looking for opportunities elsewhere. He can score no doubt and ruck it up from the back, but what about trailing Passi up the middle with RTS, or using his passing skills to open up Ken. I know its coaches plan but now Shaun is gone it opens new dimensions for everyone to try something different and maybe better.
Not wrong about needing to find other points of attack now.

No doubt we'll still run the 2nd man plays, but it's important we don't just run through the motions of the move but someone provides the touch that SJ would bring. Hence I can see Roger playing a lot more 2nd receiver.....in fact for mine Roger now has to be the key to our attack.

My only criticism of Roger is that I think his support play could be a lot better. Tbh the thousand hit up metres he usually runs a season doesn't really excite me and half of them I don't think is neccessary. I want to see him running off the shoulder of our forwards on most hit ups, camp around the ruck, 2nd receiver on those 2nd man plays, have trick plays designed for him - decoy runners with him getting the inside ball or a Blake Green fake set up bomb for the winger but grubber back towards the post's for Roger. Crucial he's our focus on attack.

Last season obvious emphasis was put on the offload as a point of attack. It was no accident we ended up 2nd for most offloads after several season where we seemed to had shelved it. Clever I thought by Kearney and co as our smallish pack are never really going to run over the top of defences, but the offload still provides a way to move them around. Vital for our attack it continues....even more so now with SJ gone.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Tbh the thousand hit up metres he usually runs a season doesn't really excite me and half of them I don't think is neccessary.
Why didn't a big forward come in and grab the pass then? No worries that is being sorted as we speak.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Why didn't a big forward come in and grab the pass then? No worries that is being sorted as we speak.
Really or are you being sarcastic?

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
My only criticism of Roger is that I think his support play could be a lot better. .
Gotta blame Cappy for that - it was his plan for RTS to work as a third half on the left while SJ stuck to the right, rather than having SJ play both sides with RTS as an extra man.

Reaction score

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
With the way players block wingers in kick chase these days it's almost redundant. Because of that I'm more open to Fusitua being looked at as a centre option in future if his defence can handle the position.

Looking at our top 30 we just don't have options on the wing or in the centres. They're all middle of the road centres.

Top Bottom