David Fusitua

1. Boats n Hoes
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

Boats n Hoes 1st Grade Fringe

Not wrong about needing to find other points of attack now.

No doubt we'll still run the 2nd man plays, but it's important we don't just run through the motions of the move but someone provides the touch that SJ would bring. Hence I can see Roger playing a lot more 2nd receiver.....in fact for mine Roger now has to be the key to our attack.

My only criticism of Roger is that I think his support play could be a lot better. Tbh the thousand hit up metres he usually runs a season doesn't really excite me and half of them I don't think is neccessary. I want to see him running off the shoulder of our forwards on most hit ups, camp around the ruck, 2nd receiver on those 2nd man plays, have trick plays designed for him - decoy runners with him getting the inside ball or a Blake Green fake set up bomb for the winger but grubber back towards the post's for Roger. Crucial he's our focus on attack.

Last season obvious emphasis was put on the offload as a point of attack. It was no accident we ended up 2nd for most offloads after several season where we seemed to had shelved it. Clever I thought by Kearney and co as our smallish pack are never really going to run over the top of defences, but the offload still provides a way to move them around. Vital for our attack it continues....even more so now with SJ gone.

2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Why didn't a big forward come in and grab the pass then? No worries that is being sorted as we speak.

3. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

Really or are you being sarcastic?

4. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

I meant in training, I don't know about any forward signings.

5. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

WellingtonOrca 1st Grade Fringe

Gotta blame Cappy for that - it was his plan for RTS to work as a third half on the left while SJ stuck to the right, rather than having SJ play both sides with RTS as an extra man.