David Fusitua

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
Without any doubt SJ provided a decoy for those outside him so in that sense he will be missed. However I doubt he was a million dollar decoy so I am happy to get on with life.
I agree with the price tag but SJ was much more than a decoy, there is no denying the try assists he provided will need replacing. Particularly as Fusituas number of trys was almost the same number as SJs try assists. Not a coincidence.

Reaction score
AlexM

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I agree with the price tag but SJ was much more than a decoy, there is no denying the try assists he provided will need replacing. Particularly as Fusituas number of trys was almost the same number as SJs try assists. Not a coincidence.
Hopefully we can be a better attacking unit across the park I.e Left , middle third and the lethal right.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully we can be a better attacking unit across the park I.e Left , middle third and the lethal right.
Yeah that’s the “silver lining” I’m taking out of the whole show situation, at least we will be forced to come up with better attacking structures

Reaction score
AlexM

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Todd Payten will be good at that.
Cappy is not what I would call an attacking Genius. He can at least do something though - much better than his defensive coaching haha.

Reaction score

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Without any doubt SJ provided a decoy for those outside him so in that sense he will be missed. However I doubt he was a million dollar decoy so I am happy to get on with life.
Real good insight bruce, that's up there with some of the stuff your mate Rattue comes out with.

Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Reaction score
Yeah I reckon though Fus will almost certainly go down, Ken will go up.

Like the difference was 23 to 5 that’s ridiculous, and Kata probably only stole like 3 tries from him, not 10.

For comparison Cotric and Rapana was 12-10, Sami and Don for the titans was 15-14, Oates and Isaako 18-10 etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I reckon though Fus will almost certainly go down, Ken will go up.

Like the difference was 23 to 6 that’s ridiculous, and Kata probably only stole like 3 tries from him, not 10.

For comparison Cotric and Rapana was 12-10, Sami and Don for the titans was 15-14, Oates and Isaako 18-10 etc.
What was the premiership winning Roosters wingers try totals

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
So you would claim that Tohu Harris and Peta Hiku had no effect on the right side? Take those two out and SJ could have been heyzeuss himself and Fusitua wouldn't have scored the same number of tries. Can some trainspotter tell me if Fusitua scored last season when SJ was off the park? Just asking like.

Reaction score
t-wade23

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Discredit to the work Tohu and Hiku did as well to help that right side generate that much potency on attack SJ was important but until those two got there that’s when he saw him at his best and a lot of what those two did help create those chances esp Tohu with his late footwork before engaging contact would create space on the outside.

Peak Fusitua who at his best is proberly the best finisher in the game half a chance and you would back him to get the try regardless how tight the defense is.

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
So you would claim that Tohu Harris and Peta Hiku had no effect on the right side? Take those two out and SJ could have been heyzeuss himself and Fusitua wouldn't have scored the same number of tries. Can some trainspotter tell me if Fusitua scored last season when SJ was off the park? Just asking like.
Where did I even say that. You are the one claiming SJ was a million dollar decoy. I'm just pointing out that his 18 try assists (not even mentioning his line breaks, line break assists, trys etc) say that he is more than a decoy. Pretty simple really. You can argue his dollar value wasn't worth it if you want but you can't over look the facts of what he did provide to the team.

Reaction score

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Where did I even say that. You are the one claiming SJ was a million dollar decoy. I'm just pointing out that his 18 try assists (not even mentioning his line breaks, line break assists, trys etc) say that he is more than a decoy. Pretty simple really. You can argue his dollar value wasn't worth it if you want but you can't over look the facts of what he did provide to the team.
I doubt many will be overlooking what SJ provided to the team in roughly 3 months from now.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
When SJ was missing Mason Lino had a similar effect down the right side. Sure SJ is special and even has a private line to heyzeuss, but he was not the sole reason Fusitua scored so many tries. End of story.
I doubt many will be overlooking what SJ provided to the team in roughly 3 months from now.
Maybe, nobody is doubting that possibility, but it still doesn't change the fact that he was overpriced, with a temperamental personality and a dickhead for a manager, and has definitely chosen the wrong club to win a premiership. Just saying like.

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
When SJ was missing Mason Lino had a similar effect down the right side. Sure SJ is special and even has a private line to heyzeuss, but he was not the sole reason Fusitua scored so many tries. End of story.

Maybe, nobody is doubting that possibility, but it still doesn't change the fact that he was overpriced, with a temperamental personality and a dickhead for a manager, and has definitely chosen the wrong club to win a premiership. Just saying like.
That's a very long way of saying you were wrong. But good to see you agree that SJ was more than a decoy.

Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Must admit with Johnson's departure one of the by products that immediately sprung to mind was that Fus might not get as many opportunities.

That right hand SJ/Tohu/Hiku/Fus edge was lethal at times and a great combination. Tohu very good at playing before or at the line, and Hiku was excellent at reading when Fus needed early ball and shifting (hence despite his defensive lapses he'd still be my first pick centre).

However SJ was the catalyst for a lot of opportunities that opened up that side. His ability to skip outside his player and create numbers or at the very least put doubt in outside defenders (u could see at times opposition centres and wingers plant their feet and only have eyes for him such was the threat a running SJ poses) and just deft touches with either quick catch and pass or throwing a long ball that (altho may not have been the last pass to Fus) inevitably created just enough room along the chain (and we know Fus doesn't need much) for Fus to finish.

Skills I think generally Warrior fans have underestimated (taken for granted even) that unless one of these newbies hit the ground running will be sadly missed.

In fact if you highlight Fus's tries last season (I've seen a number of them on you tube or tho I wish someone would compile all 23 of them together) it's fairly obvious SJ's role in them.

Reaction score
fizurg

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Must admit with Johnson's departure one of the by products that immediately sprung to mind was that Fus might not get as many opportunities.

That right hand SJ/Tohu/Hiku/Fus edge was lethal at times and a great combination. Tohu very good at playing before or at the line, and Hiku was excellent at reading when Fus needed early ball and shifting (hence despite his defensive lapses he'd still be my first pick centre).

However SJ was the catalyst for a lot of opportunities that opened up that side. His ability to skip outside his player and create numbers or at the very least put doubt in outside defenders (u could see at times opposition centres and wingers plant their feet and only have eyes for him such was the threat a running SJ poses) and just deft touches with either quick catch and pass or throwing a long ball that (altho may not have been the last pass to Fus) inevitably created just enough room along the chain (and we know Fus doesn't need much) for Fus to finish.

Skills I think generally Warrior fans have underestimated (taken for granted even) that unless one of these newbies hit the ground running will be sadly missed.

In fact if you highlight Fus's tries last season (I've seen a number of them on you tube or tho I wish someone would compile all 23 of them together) it's fairly obvious SJ's role in them.
I totally agree. That right side was lethal because all the players were genuine threats with the ball. All could run, pass or kick and do it well. I think we may see Tohu looking less dangerous too. Shutting down Tohu will be a lot easier when you don’t have to worry about Johnson next to him.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Far North Forever

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Or maybe Fus needs to get off his wing and start looking for opportunities elsewhere. He can score no doubt and ruck it up from the back, but what about trailing Passi up the middle with RTS, or using his passing skills to open up Ken. I know its coaches plan but now Shaun is gone it opens new dimensions for everyone to try something different and maybe better.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely he was the catalyst, but not on his own and when he went wandering on his own he looked lost. Back in the day when he went wandering defences froze.

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Absolutely he was the catalyst, but not on his own and when he went wandering on his own he looked lost. Back in the day when he went wandering defences froze.
That right there is a contradiction to all the blind hate you have been aiming at SJ, time for you to renew your passport old man and visit Laos..

or was Cambodia.. indo-China.. Whatever bruce bruce?!

Top Bottom