David Fusitua

1. Boats n Hoes
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

Boats n Hoes 1st Grade Fringe

Sorry bro u may well be right but Im just not seeing a marae stay and a maori poster in a shed as an obvious bias or even a problem. It can go overboard as in the Howie Tamati tenure for sure but i dont think it came close to those levels.

The defections? Players know when their being coached by a shit coach.....the Tongan players simply had another option, im not surprised they took it. FFS as in Taumololo's case when the coach "forgets" to bring the world's most lethal forward back off the bench in a second half of the game....

Kidwell retardation pure and simple....id probably walk too.

2. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

The Kiwis have always had a slant toward Maori culture just like all our NZ representative teams, they are our indigenous people ffs..
    The problem is the NZRL lost Kearney to the Warriors and couldn't afford a genuine coach to replace him. Kidwell was only taking what he did as an assistant to a more extreme level but shooting on him for being proud of his country and culture while the RLIF let players flip flop too countries other than that of their previous representation, selection, birth, citizenship and residence is what ultimately screwed him and the Kiwis..
    Perhaps the Australians realised the talent they were missing out on since they effected the pre 16 residence S.O.O. rule and conspired to weaken the #1 ranked Kiwis when Kidwell took on job at short notice and the dysfunction began, after all it was Taumalolo's lack of time on the field against the kangaroos that started his resentment and he led the way for the deserting Kiwis with Tongan heritage..

Regardless, the BS eligibility rules allowed them to do so while the impotent RLIF can't punish clubs and stand players down when not released to play in Denver.. against their English team:eek:

3. kmarrt
    Join:
    Mar 3, 2016

kmarrt U20's Player

Attached Files:

4. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

How dare he pick some Tena Koe's in the team. Disgraceful really. When real Kiwis like Nathan Fein was on the sideline ready & waiting....

Please take the tin foil off your head cuzzie.
    The fact of the matter is, No one wanted to play for kidwell. He was a nut job.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

There have been other nutjobs as Kiwi coach e.g. Bob Bailey and Tony Gordon, ironically both of whom managed to beat Australia and neither of whom lost any players to Tonga. End of story. David Fusitua and Jason Taumalolo are going to pay a very heavy price for being a trifle precious.

6. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

They'll have some more success but it will be tempered now that the young Kiwis beat a new Kangaroos. The last thing the Australians want is to be beaten by NZ and Tonga on an annual basis, so they'll let us bash each other mid season thinking they will beat NZ at the end of the season. But in taking Denver away from us they've replace it with our own version of S.O.O., a game to harden players and sharpen combinations. Something that will benefit the Kiwis more than the Tongans because they're not tier 1 and won't get the games and sponsership we will that brings the money and the next generation.

Sounds like karma and we have the right people doing good things at the Kiwis and the Warriors..

7. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Why does Fusituas an JTs decision to represent their heritage have anything
    To do with the kiwi's ? Words like defection ,Traitorous phrase's like they will regret
    Their decision are just rubbish

Here's a thought a group of players got together an thought we can have a good
    Crack at this .Followed their hearts an played with soul an spirit .
    An have been supported by vibrant an passionate fans .
    Their choice was the right one for them an has added to the international
    Game .
    Personally I hope they stay with Tonga an it opens the door
    For more players to represent their heritage teams.
    But I hope young players think hard about commiting to
    One team an not flip flopping .

8. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

What Tonga? They are mainly New Zealanders and Australians with Tongan connections. Give it a break.

9. pleatedpantspete
    Join:
    Oct 9, 2012

pleatedpantspete Warriors Bench Player

That’s what the kiwis team was for years. Lol we had Nathan Fien playing coz he had a great grandmother that was a kiwi.
    And nightingale was born in Sydney to nz parents .... how is that different to JT being born in Auckland to Tongan parents?

Nz rugby league has had a huge pacific island influence for years, now the games growing enough that these players can represent their heritage or home countries. Good on em, they’re certainly not doing it for a pay cheque. The international game isn’t going to be worse off for having another competitive side in it.

10. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Richmond have had a huge PI influence for many decades but that club is in NZ and those players who deserted were not only born in NZ but have played for NZ and were selected to the NZ squad for the WC also, it's the backward principle people like you have condoned that is contrary to the RLIF eligibility rule that they won't enforce at great detriment to the NZRL that stinks. That and the character of the deserters..

11. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Ok. So if this has caused offense (which I'm highly skilled at) I'm ok with that.

Sorry if I got his heritage and what not incorrect. I plead guilty for reckless use of a keyboard causing mass hysteria.

Sentencing options include;

Ten minutes in the bin.
    One of those nice ankle bracelets.
    Go to bed without dinner.
    Off with his head.

12. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

That is all 100% true, and sadly so IMO, except for it improving international league. None of those Mozzies, apart maybe from the Cayless brothers, would have made the Kangaroos.

I guess the worst examples that have hurt the Kiwis are Taumalolo and Fusitua, and that seemed to hurt bad. I feel better about it now because last night showed the value of pride in the jersey. The team doesn't need Fusitua or Taumalolo anymore, not that they wouldn't be of immense value to the team, but deep down they don't have the necessary pride that saw Brandon Smith in tears during the anthem.

Tonga is a fake team, and as NZ immigration drops the only Tongans here will be grandfathered at least and more still mixed with European and other Polynesian blood. So IMO it is all bullshit to get a few bums on seats at MSS.

Can anybody remember the Kiwis versus Tonga at Carlaw Park in 1999. Hardly anybody was there (4528) and to make matters worse some big Tongan Kiwi broke a young Stacey Jones arm real bad. The Kiwis thumped them 74-0.

They have only improved their standard by including Australian and Kiwi players, and because they have no real competition in Tonga that is the way it will have to be, a fake team.

13. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Wow my scuba gear broke trying to go that deep Bruce. Can you explain it like I have no idea what you're talking about. Like just for hypothetical's sake. Like I'm an inbred hillbilly named Cleetus who's sister is my mother who is married to my first cousin Bobby Sue.

14. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Ok, this Tongan stuff is all bullshit based on a fake team because most are not actually Tongan born and eventually most will not only even be full Tongan. How does that sound?

15. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Gracias muchacho.

Eventually bloodlines mix or are diluted.
    Full Australian?
    Full New Zealander?
    Maybe we could be the diluted Kiwis?

All teams have that issue I suppose. Definitely a worthy topic. Thanks Fus for hosting us?

16. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

The team a player plays for is a personal choice. The player has the right to play for any team they are eligible for. I can’t see how or why this could even be an issue.

17. up the guts
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

up the guts Warriors Bench Player

Its not and never will be..... Last night i saw 17 blokes prepared to bleed for that jumper .. Thats all i need

18. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

The start was ugly but there was great commitment to the end.

19. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

I saw an interesting snippet in the Daily Telegraph basically saying that Fusitua will miss SJ this year. This makes sense to me as the combo between those Hiku and Harris as outstanding with SJ instigating much of it.
    Food for thought there

20. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Without any doubt SJ provided a decoy for those outside him so in that sense he will be missed. However I doubt he was a million dollar decoy so I am happy to get on with life.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List