General Date-rape claim hinges on drug result

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
www.stuff.co.nz

A Wests Tigers rugby league player has told teammates he was intimately involved with a 26-year-old woman who has made allegations of a possible drugged rape to police.


It now appears that any possible criminal case, and the severity of it, hinges on the presence, or otherwise, of any date rape drug in a urine sample provided by the woman.


The Herald understands that no one apart from the one player at the party - held at the home of Ryan O'Hara in Five Dock early on Monday morning and attended by about 20 other players and non-players - was involved with the woman.


The player's version of events has eased initial concerns of league officials that the alleged possible sexual assault may have involved more than one player.


The player - who is not O'Hara - has told teammates that he had sex with the woman but that it was consensual. It is understood others at the party may not have witnessed the two together, with others in the room saying they were asleep at the time.


The woman, who had met the player at a Kings Cross nightclub, had partied with the Wests Tigers group of players and then travelled to O'Hara's apartment separately in a taxi.


A NSW police spokeswoman said inquiries were continuing.


As yet no players have been interviewed by police, who are awaiting forensic results from evidence taken from the unit and from the woman. None of the players has yet engaged a lawyer. The Wests Tigers chief executive, Steve Noyce, said the police had told him that they would contact him in a couple of days. He said the club was trying to maintain normality, with scheduled weight training continuing three times a week.


"We are keeping a business-as-usual approach, they will continue to train," Mr Noyce said.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Ok a bit old this news, but I was reading in a mag a little while ago where it stated in sitautions of league players and women...alot of the happenings that we hear about is through when a woman complains right? But apparently they (the women) are always the instegators.. They are so fantasied about wanting the footy boys, that at any given oppertunity like at bars/clubs/parties...etc these crazy ladies are always throwing themselves at the guys. And well, guys being guys...you know...men are men. Famous or not. But it's really sickening to see when the footy boys always get the blame (even if it was never their fault) when some 'poor woman goes and complains'. Seriusly these women bring it upon themselves majority of the time and to be quite frank; if you bring upon something like this on yourself then you should have to deal with the consequences. I don't mean to say the players should be right in sleeping with these women because that is wrong; but sometimes the players get unfarely targeted just because they are that. Footy players.
 

Wiki_old

Guest
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
I don't mean to say the players should be right in sleeping with these women because that is wrong;

What is wrong with that?

The man is coded to love sex, like it or not.

But the girl, she wants fulfillment in her life through sexual experiences and relationships right? She is craving the attention to fulfill her so what is a man to deny her that. If that one good night that she had makes her life all the more exciting and enjoyable then how can it possibly be wrong?

The woman won't take it as a one night stand, she will take it as an achievement (just like a man does). It will be a boost in self esteem. It's not about entering in a relationship for her - she knows it won't happen.

PS: I am not talking about this date-rape case. I am talking about footy players getting the woman! I am totally against that sort of shit (date rape, abuse, etc).
 

shawry_old

Guest
true...... but professional footballers know the media is always watching. they shouldnt have put themselves in the situation to start with.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Wiki said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
I don't mean to say the players should be right in sleeping with these women because that is wrong;

What is wrong with that?

The man is coded to love sex, like it or not.

But the girl, she wants fulfillment in her life through sexual experiences and relationships right? She is craving the attention to fulfill her so what is a man to deny her that. If that one good night that she had makes her life all the more exciting and enjoyable then how can it possibly be wrong?

The woman won't take it as a one night stand, she will take it as an achievement (just like a man does). It will be a boost in self esteem. It's not about entering in a relationship for her - she knows it won't happen.

PS: I am not talking about this date-rape case. I am talking about footy players getting the woman! I am totally against that sort of shit (date rape, abuse, etc).

What I meant was that the women who always whinge and cry when they get attacked or whatever deserve what they got. If their only object is to see themselves as an 'object' then they need to live with the consenquesces of what they ended up doing instead of acting innocent.
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
240px-Saget_on_Full_House.jpg
 

*Kimmy*_old

Guest
Wiki said:
shawry said:
silly boys

Woah, hold on.

Innocent until proven guilty.

There are some shockingly crazy men out there, but some even crazier woman.
Since when does that rule apply? :roll:

Back in 04 when the whole Coffs Harbour scandal was going on, the Bulldogs were instintly guilty, lost millions of dollars through sponsers, and now they are branded rapists for life!..its crap!!

Where are all the headlines in the papers..where are all the stories on the news..and I don't just mean at the end of all the other stories..i'm meaning 1st story of the night..before anything else!!

And the Bulldogs still havent recieved and apoligy from the NRL.

BTW..just want ya to know i'm not having a go at you..just at that statement "innocent until proven guilty"

:)
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Go_The_Doggies said:
Wiki said:
shawry said:
silly boys

Woah, hold on.

Innocent until proven guilty.

There are some shockingly crazy men out there, but some even crazier woman.
Since when does that rule apply? :roll:

Back in 04 when the whole Coffs Harbour scandal was going on, the Bulldogs were instintly guilty, lost millions of dollars through sponsers, and now they are branded rapists for life!..its crap!!

Where are all the headlines in the papers..where are all the stories on the news..and I don't just mean at the end of all the other stories..i'm meaning 1st story of the night..before anything else!!

And the Bulldogs still havent recieved and apoligy from the NRL.

BTW..just want ya to know i'm not having a go at you..just at that statement "innocent until proven guilty"

:)

I don't think anyone ever really knew the details of whole story there. Honestly I can't remember how it started. But I presume like many stories of this nature some 'lady' gets upset that she was attacked. Still I think if any of the younger Bulldogs players were involved they were at fault but as I also said before, they are normal human beings and sometimes it's just instinct. So whoever was the instegator to what happened probably deserved what they got. Still I feel majority of the time you can bet yer bottom dollar the women are always somewhere starting something. But a guy's guy too so..yeah..lol

There is nothing wrong with totally fancying a footballer (which normal woman doesn't?) but to actually act on these thigns and talk about the fact they like to have 'groupies' and stuff...it's sickening, and it makes other women who do happen to like watching footy (who understand and enjoy the game) a bad name.
 

*Kimmy*_old

Guest
I remember watching Player profiles on Pricey a couple of weeks ago..and he said when the whole Coffs Harbour thing started Folksey got them in a room and asked them all if they did it..all said No..so they all stuck to their guns..that was the whole "crisis" meeting where they apparantly plotted their story.

*sigh* the media are pathetic at times.
 

Wiki_old

Guest
Go_The_Doggies said:
Wiki said:
shawry said:
silly boys

Woah, hold on.

Innocent until proven guilty.

There are some shockingly crazy men out there, but some even crazier woman.
Since when does that rule apply? :roll:

BTW..just want ya to know i'm not having a go at you..just at that statement "innocent until proven guilty"

Huh? What are you arguing here?

The rule applies to my thinking. I am not talking about the media.

But fine, if you disagree with my thinking then go for it ...call everyone guilty that hasn't had a fair trial.
 

*Kimmy*_old

Guest
Wiki said:
Go_The_Doggies said:
Wiki said:
shawry said:
silly boys

Woah, hold on.

Innocent until proven guilty.

There are some shockingly crazy men out there, but some even crazier woman.
Since when does that rule apply? :roll:

BTW..just want ya to know i'm not having a go at you..just at that statement "innocent until proven guilty"

Huh? What are you arguing here?

The rule applies to my thinking. I am not talking about the media.

But fine, if you disagree with my thinking then go for it ...call everyone guilty that hasn't had a fair trial.
I'm not saying everyone is guilty..i'm just saying hardly ever does that rule apply in the media, well when the Bulldogs are concerned..its blame them now..think about it later. Eh this whole tigers thing just annoys me with the media..they are sweeping it under the carpet..if it were the Bulldogs or Warriors however..would certainly be a different story..like with the tevita latu case it was "ex warrior" not "cronulla shark"
 

scottyb_old

Guest
this case in question is a tricky one as the girl complained to the police she MAY has been sexually assaulted. Apparrently she woke up and her underwear felt like they had been rearranged (or something to that effect) but she cant remember anything of the night after a certain time. she cant name any names and isnt even sure if anything happened. So it sounds like either she passed out drunk and fell asleep or she was given a date rape drug, it'll be interesting to see what happens from the blood test. But i feel sorry for O'Hara coz hisname is the only name being mentioned even though he isnt under investigation mud sticks
 

Similar threads

Replies
20
Views
1K
Kav_old
Replies
8
Views
860
Joe 90_old
Replies
0
Views
675
kiwi's 13-6_old
Replies
2
Views
559
Skinny_Ravs82
Replies
6
Views
878
*Kimmy*_old