Votes: 107 91.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Oh yeah....and we badly needed to replace Kens Meters..
Get a decent forward
I didn't realise he is almost a Mozzie, went over there at 5 years old. Even better schooling IMO.
Rather I hope he is coming here to prove he is worthy of his Grandfathers legacy.
He will be...guaranteed. There will be busloads coming up from Rotorua for the August match.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
This could be a good signing for us, I'm not sure. I do feel Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is quite overrated.

So I hope we aren't paying overs like usual, and I also hope he proves me wrong.

i noticed he gets SMasHED often when taking the hit ups on ball returns.

Maybe needs a bit more size without comprising speed, which we have yet to see on attack…

Reactions: gpred

gpred

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 23, 2016
i noticed he gets SMasHED often when taking the hit ups on ball returns.

Maybe needs a bit more size without comprising speed, which we have yet to see on attack…
Yes he does get mashed a bit hitting it up. I'd also like to see our forwards man up a little. Sometimes we don't see a forward taking a hit up until tackle 4. I know their tired, but to me that's unacceptable.

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Yes he does get mashed a bit hitting it up. I'd also like to see our forwards man up a little. Sometimes we don't see a forward taking a hit up until tackle 4. I know their tired, but to me that's unacceptable.
yea i feel that waay too often. the forwards must think theyve done all the work and when our backs get shut down, no one in the forwards stands up to make some hard yards.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak makes some pretty hearty carries though. Gets smashed at times but doesnt shy away from it. I like his addition to the team. Defends quite well too. its less of a liability having him there As opposed to our previous wingers. Hes solid considering he hasnt had the opportunities with space yet.

gpred

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 23, 2016
yea i feel that waay too often. the forwards must think theyve done all the work and when our backs get shut down, no one in the forwards stands up to make some hard yards.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak makes some pretty hearty carries though. Gets smashed at times but doesnt shy away from it. I like his addition to the team. Defends quite well too. its less of a liability having him there As opposed to our previous wingers. Hes solid considering he hasnt had the opportunities with space yet.
Agreed, you can't knock his heart. When our forward's don't step up until 4th, we deny ourselves the chance to get lateral on 4th, which is where many sides recover against us on what was otherwise a good defensive set. We need at least one forward to step up on 3rd so that we have some options on 4th, sometimes that will be another crash, but sometimes that will be a little more width, but at least the opposition won't be sure.

Reactions: ramps

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
In the end Ken and Fusitua were both getting smashed.

I think you are looking at a Warrior thing here...other teams know we have little variation on kick returns and come straight for a smashing.

I think Walsh can help here when he is more experienced for support and interplay with his wingers.

Also, as other say he takes it on the chin and keeps coming so no problem really, he will occaisionaly step a defender and we will see something different to what we have had before.

Reactions: gpred
South Sydney Rabbitohs Sunshine Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings