• Yes

Votes: 107 91.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Big news tonight with the Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signing, have been following the news all week
An article late last night said dogs wanted to keep him this season or inferred they did and warriors were pushing over the last 48 hours to get him released immediately. So a real win for the warriors negotiation team who worked on this deal. Haggling is difficult. We did well
Obviously Dallin Watene-Zelezniak as mentioned negotiated hard for the longest deal he could get. Warriors probably would have preferred 2.5 years.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Have to agree with an earlier post saying we needed to get this signing over the line. Would of been egg on the face cutting Malo and then picking nobody up.

I hope Dallin Watene-Zelezniak Gets back to his best because let's face it he wasn't setting the world on fire at the dogs.

I'm sure walsh will improve his try tally, so in sure that is a big plus for dalz.

WHOS NEXT!

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Interesting thing is it's not on the Mothersite (or whatever the term is for the Warriors website) or the NRL website but is on Stuff...

Will believe it when it's official. Not before. Certainly wouldn't be signing him for anything like what the Dogs are paying him and would be making sure they were paying a fair chunk of the freight for however long his contract with them was/is for.

Last edited:

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Interesting thing is it's not on the Mothersite (or whatever the term is for the Warriors website) or the NRL website but is on Stuff...

Will believe it when it's official. Not before. Certainly wouldn't be signing him for anything like what the Dogs are paying him and would be making sure they were paying a fair chunk of the freight for however long his onctract with them was/is for.
It seems more along the lines that an agreement has been reached between the parties, rather than the contract has been signed. All media jumping the gun as usual. When one reports, others follow.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
He is tall or relatively so
6 foot 1 and a very solid 97kgs
If he is swift as well then he will be a difficult proposition to tackle
I think this signing is a coup
Not a big coup but a small coup
He is Steve Watene's great grandson. There is a massive amount of tāhuhu kōrero and mana that he will live up to. I suspect another Tohu Harris.

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
The main reason I was bummed out that we were losing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is from what we have seen from him paired with Walsh.

Big relief we won't be losing any of that.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is a more rounded offensive player than Roger. He has a better passing game, better awareness for kick chase offensive plays, better hands contesting kicks.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has him for the side step, but Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has some footwork of his own, just not in the class of Roger.

We really needed a fast skilled guy who offers a serious threat when Walsh takes on the line.

If the critics are right in thinking that Dallin Watene-Zelezniak over plays his hand, then a move to the Warriors is ideal for him really.

Five minutes around Walsh on the trainning paddock will make it very clear to him what way is up and who the magician is. From all accounts anyone that plays with Walsh is in awe.
I only hope for 1 thing now for the rest of the season and that is that harris tavita comes back, because surely that would break some kind of record.

Think on this.
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Chanel Harris-Tavita
Addin Fonua-Blake
Ben Murdoch-Masila

That has to be the record for most hyphenated names in one team at the same time to ever take the field. Surely we would win some kind of award?

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
We need a captain next year and he is an obvious candidate at a club where there are very few if any suitable candidates.

He is articulate, intelligent, a genuine footballer, comes with the Mana of the Captaincy of the National team.

An obvious guy to lead the younguns and take care of the Warriors off field obligations.

Well respected by NRL media, a clean living straight up person in a similar mould to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck but a bit more rounded as a communicator.

Trading Ken Maumalo for Dallin Watene-Zelezniak would be an amazing trade.

I am guessing that we will be in the market for a fair contract but a massive reduction in price to what he is on.

We all want smart Wingers who are fast, can read the play, can field attacking kicks and can go the length of the field and tackle.

He has it all.

Seems too good to be true to be honest.

I see a lot of people are fooled by Dogs players. They are like the SK Warriors, no one scoring any trys, low on confidence, no spine to set up players like Hoppa and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

Montoya and Rhemus Smith both shone as soon as they got away from the dead Dogs spine problems.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is way better than both those guys.

Like I say though, I will believe it when I see it, he could earn a lot of money in the ESL.
Only one thing though... If Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is made Captain, could we trust him with any Captains Challenge?

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020
So a report since we apparently signed Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is now saying according to Dallin Watene-Zelezniak that he has not signed with the Warriors for an immediate switch etc. And this morning the Coach os Widdals super league side said that Widdal is not leaving his Super League side mid season. So the talk of the Warriors getting those 2 players along with Lodge seem like false reports. Oh well it was exciting news while it happened. Don;t count your chickens until they hatch people

Reactions: HoRneT041 and Sup42

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
So a report since we apparently signed Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is now saying according to Dallin Watene-Zelezniak that he has not signed with the Warriors for an immediate switch etc. And this morning the Coach os Widdals super league side said that Widdal is not leaving his Super League side mid season. So the talk of the Warriors getting those 2 players along with Lodge seem like false reports. Oh well it was exciting news while it happened. Don;t count your chickens until they hatch people
More like don't believe the media 🙄

South Sydney Rabbitohs Sunshine Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings