Social A Weighty Issue

Nando's I like as it is pretty much just protein.

They are a lot better at customising now. This is a story I told a girl at work years ago to cheer her up.

Monday - Ordered two pita's no mayo no tomato. I got two pita's with mayo and tomato.
Tuesday - Ordered two pita's no mayo no tomato. I got two pitas one with mayo and tomato one without.
Wednesday - Ordered two burgers no mayo, no tomato. I got two pita's with no mayo and no tomato. This would have been correct Monday or Tuesday. :rolleyes:
Thursday - Ordered two burgers no mayo, no tomato. I got two burgers with mayo and tomato.
Friday - Ordered two pita's no mayo, no tomato. I got what I ordered.:love:

After reading this the girl called me in hysterics. The next lunch time she saw me I walking back from Nando's which she thought was the funniest thing she'd seen for a long time.

Good to see everyone taking their health seriously. Its funny how we learn so late.

Ive been on a health kick since start of the year too. Workout 5/6 days a week. Mostly cardio and then some weights. Been getting more into the weights these days though as i recently got a PT.

Cut down all processed food as well. I want to do intermittent fasting, but i cant drink black coffee very well. Plus im just addicted to starting my day going to the cafe for a Flat White before going on a walk. I dont eat anything till 2ish and then its prob a chicken salad bowl. I am pretty disciplined and eat more for nutrition and fuel rather than for satisfaction. Sometimes Have chicken stir fry or tuna cans with brown rice/quinoa. Sometimes i have some nuts. Protein shake after workout. I do sometimes have sugar free jello with a lil whipped cream or sugar free zooper doopers (lol) as a late night snack. Eat 'bad' maybe once or twice a week, which would be something with rice, noodles (and i love uyguhr food currently). My ubereats would be nandos chicken (rarely with fries as a treat...i miss chips lol). Oh and drink a shitload of water throughout the day.

Next step would be to get rid of the flat white and go directly to black coffee so i can be actually be doing intermittent fasting.

Good to see everyone taking their health seriously. Its funny how we learn so late.

Ive been on a health kick since start of the year too. Workout 5/6 days a week. Mostly cardio and then some weights. Been getting more into the weights these days though as i recently got a PT.

Cut down all processed food as well. I want to do intermittent fasting, but i cant drink black coffee very well. Plus im just addicted to starting my day going to the cafe for a Flat White before going on a walk. I dont eat anything till 2ish and then its prob a chicken salad bowl. I am pretty disciplined and eat more for nutrition and fuel rather than for satisfaction. Sometimes Have chicken stir fry or tuna cans with brown rice/quinoa. Sometimes i have some nuts. Protein shake after workout. I do sometimes have sugar free jello with a lil whipped cream or sugar free zooper doopers (lol) as a late night snack. Eat 'bad' maybe once or twice a week, which would be something with rice, noodles (and i love uyguhr food currently). My ubereats would be nandos chicken (rarely with fries as a treat...i miss chips lol). Oh and drink a shitload of water throughout the day.

Next step would be to get rid of the flat white and go directly to black coffee so i can be actually be doing intermittent fasting.
I'm not much of a coffee connoisseur despite my wife being a brand manager for a major coffee brand for over 10 years.

Going to black coffee took me some getting used to. I went from two sugars, to one, to none then removed the milk.

If I go out now I'll use it as a treat and get a mocha or something.

For instant I used the same method I used to change milk. Over about 10 years I went from dark blue, light blue, dark green, light green which is pretty much white water.

BTW one of the easiest ways to start taking health a lil more seriously is do more walking. All phones have step counters these days. Setup your goals. Start with 5K steps if you want. Try to average 10-12k steps. I did a step challenge with a mate for a month and we were both pushign each other as neither wanted to lose. We ended up averaging around 20k steps a day. On the last day, till midnight we were both walking. He was on the treadmill at his gym for 2.5 hours and his phone even died lol. Ended up beating me by just 200 steps. But it was fun. And if you are competitive its a great lil thing to do with others. I live in the city so i walk a fair bit. Hardly use the car really. If going to Newtown or Bondi i just walk it. Its a pretty good habit to get into.

I'm not much of a coffee connoisseur despite my wife being a brand manager for a major coffee brand for over 10 years.

Going to black coffee took me some getting used to. I went from two sugars, to one, to none then removed the milk.

If I go out now I'll use it as a treat and get a mocha or something.

For instant I used the same method I used to change milk. Over about 10 years I went from dark blue, light blue, dark green, light green which is pretty much white water.
I did keto a few years back. Bulletproof coffee was good. I did enjoy the MCT oil and how alert and lack of cloudiness it made you feel. Keto is good but hard to sustain. The other thing is once you remove carbs you kinda feel like crap and lethargic once you have a big meal on it. Cooking nutritious food is easier and tastier than some of the crap we eat out tbh. But you have to love a routine lol...i eat the same shit most days.

BTW one of the easiest ways to start taking health a lil more seriously is do more walking. All phones have step counters these days. Setup your goals. Start with 5K steps if you want. Try to average 10-12k steps. I did a step challenge with a mate for a month and we were both pushign each other as neither wanted to lose. We ended up averaging around 20k steps a day. On the last day, till midnight we were both walking. He was on the treadmill at his gym for 2.5 hours and his phone even died lol. Ended up beating me by just 200 steps. But it was fun. And if you are competitive its a great lil thing to do with others. I live in the city so i walk a fair bit. Hardly use the car really. If going to Newtown or Bondi i just walk it. Its a pretty good habit to get into.
Bondi is a fair walk isn’t it? Jeez that would be 8 kms?

Bondi is a fair walk isn’t it? Jeez that would be 8 kms?
Yeah its a fair bit and back. I dont really think of the kms just steps lol...there's some great tracks around where you could easily do 25k steps and it's real nice. I walked to Rockdale from city once just because. Most steps I've done in a day is 46k which would be around 30kms. There's some people that run 10-20kms a day for fitness! Now that would be awesome!

I personally think their bread is no good, better to have real sourdough, or real wholegrain/seeded bread, stuff with real guts to it
If I eat bread it is always something like sourdough or wholemeal. Low GI stuff.
My diet allows me 2 pieces of bread equivalents a day I supplement that with wholemeal crackers. 5 equals one slice of bread.
I eat like a sparrow.

there are some seriously dedicated health nuts in here.
I dont consider myself one as i am an involuntary internee

Reactions: kos
Yeah its a fair bit and back. I dont really think of the kms just steps lol...there's some great tracks around where you could easily do 25k steps and it's real nice. I walked to Rockdale from city once just because. Most steps I've done in a day is 46k which would be around 30kms. There's some people that run 10-20kms a day for fitness! Now that would be awesome!
You are not as old as Bruce and I and a few others. I m good for about 4 kms then my left hip and feet give up

If I'm going to do takeaways I have whatever I have because it's not regular. Saying that I recently had KFC and felt like I had eaten a kg of heroin and sugar. It really shocked me how I used to eat it and take it. Now because my regular eating is healthier if I have a treat, it's fish and chips which I do enjoy.

Then my body says feed me veges and fibre and meaty protein and a bit of fat.

If I eat bread it is always something like sourdough or wholemeal. Low GI stuff.
My diet allows me 2 pieces of bread equivalents a day I supplement that with wholemeal crackers. 5 equals one slice of bread.
I eat like a sparrow.
I eat like a horse and bread disagrees with me unless I'm eating light rye or rewana. But I only eat lots because I do brush cutting of bush and long grass which is physically taxing most days. If I was still in an office at a desk and eating this way I would be round/er

This is a really positive thread. Kudos to all who are sharing their journeys. It might even inspire others to make some slight changes to their lifestyle which would be adding more time into our life supporting the Warriors 😆

Some of the weight loss shared here are amazing! You guys should all be very proud!

I eat like a sparrow.
My wife makes all our bread by hand once a week. White flour, a pinch of salt , olive oil, yeast and pasta water. Sometimes adds seeds and sometimes grows a culture for sourdough. I don't like commercial bread now, even the boutique stuff is full of additives.

My wife makes all our bread by hand once a week. White flour, a pinch of salt , olive oil, yeast and pasta water. Sometimes adds seeds and sometimes grows a culture for sourdough. I don't like commercial bread now, even the boutique stuff is full of additives.
With diabetes, as I understand it, everybody is different.
Some people can handle simple carbohydrates, some cannot. Even within diabetics some people handle it worse than others.
So yes, home baked bread is just wonderful, but I can only have two slices a day so we don't bother.
I make up that allowance in wholemeal crackers :rolleyes: .
I cannot even have one slice of white bread from the supermarket:eek:.
I used to be a member at Muffin Break Then I had to change from sweet muffins to savoury, then I had to give up altogether.
If everybody was like me the sugar drink aisles in supermarkets would be closed down as a health hazard, honest.
heyzeuss if the Warriors go back to what they used to be life won't be worth living.:(

If I'm going to do takeaways I have whatever I have because it's not regular. Saying that I recently had KFC and felt like I had eaten a kg of heroin and sugar. It really shocked me how I used to eat it and take it. Now because my regular eating is healthier if I have a treat, it's fish and chips which I do enjoy.

Then my body says feed me veges and fibre and meaty protein and a bit of fat.

KFC is the very definition of instant regret hah, of all the takeaways it has always been the one my body deals with the worst. Their Krusher shakes (if they still exist) were pretty great though!

Right on. Taking back the responsibility for whats in our food is awesome. I watched a show called what's really in our food hosted by Petra bagust. She did a thorough look at all the rubbish that goes in lots of products. Funny, when she asked a couple of 80 plus year old ladies what they thought about what Petra told them was in the food. One of them said, "we never asked what was in it, we just ate what we were given." The other smiled and said "you gotta die of something"

Classic

KFC is the very definition of instant regret hah, of all the takeaways it has always been the one my body deals with the worst. Their Krusher shakes (if they still exist) were pretty great though!
always remember they did a study of the most unhealthy takeaways and the winner really surprised me.
I thought for sure it would be KFC
Nope it was ---- Pizza

Can't touch pizza now, due to the bread component. Am not supposed to eat KFC, but its not as bad as many other fast foods for me. Though god know how much sugar is in the secret herbs and spices, the amount of bread they put over it is no different to alot of the fish i like.

always remember they did a study of the most unhealthy takeaways and the winner really surprised me.
I thought for sure it would be KFC
Nope it was ---- Pizza

Can't touch pizza now, due to the bread component. Am not supposed to eat KFC, but its not as bad as many other fast foods for me. Though god know how much sugar is in the secret herbs and spices, the amount of bread they put over it is no different to alot of the fish i like.
I'm convinced some ethnicities handle certain types of food better than others, probably something to do with adapting to what is available.
Italians eat lots of pizza, rice, pasta and bread and olive oil. What goes with those depends on the region. Smoking is socially accepted and so is alcohol providing you don't get drunk. Wine accompanies lunch and diner.
They don't have a high incidence of heart disease, diabetes or obesity. I think that is because they have adapted to that diet over thousands of years. Polynesians have only been exposed to junk food for 50 odd years. I think their bodies are unable to cope with such a radical diet change.

I've never really been fat but I've tried losing weight to see how hard it was. Lost 10% body weight, which as a non big person you can imagine it's a lot.

My 2 cents are:
- don't eat food you hate, you'll fall off the wagon
- make sure you are full after your main meals. It prevents you wanting to snack
- reward yourself weekly with a small something, a cheat snack.
- the best exercise is the exercise you will do. Walking, weights, cycling. Whatever it is, you don't need to follow advise on what's the best exercise for weight loss. I Fucken hate running and I'm a small dude.

Happy to share more if people are interested.

Back