General Crunch Game This Weekend

• Thread starter TheBigHitter_old
  • Start date

TheBigHitter_old

Looking at the draw for the rest of the season, I think we can finish top four again subject to injuries. But its crunch time this weekend. If we go out their and punish the rabbits then I really do think its game on for the rest of the year. Lose this game and I think its going to be a real struggle for us.

The Draw From here on in

Rabbitohs (Home)
Sharks (Away)
Manly (Home)
Wests (Away)
Bye
Cowboys (Home)
Bulldogs (Away)
Storm (Home)
Rabbits (Away)
Broncos (Home)
Sharks (Home)
Dragons (Away)
Panthers (Home)
Eels (Away)

Jesbass_old

Agreed, Hitter. You call it it "Crunch", and I call it "Danger". Either way, we simply can't afford to be complacent. I've seen a Warriors team being beaten by an opposition that is far inferior on paper on more than one occasion. The Bunnies won't be easy beats. The first twenty minutes will be crucial.

KeepingTheFaith_old

If we win this game we're 6-6 halfway through the season. Last year we were 4-8 and still made the finals. I think we were 4-8 the previous year as well but only missed out because of the -4 salary cap debacle.

Hopefully the trend of having strong finishes to the regular season will continue this year.

one-eyed-warrior_old

If we have any faith in the warriors then this game should be a no contest. Any team with a top 8 finish in them should beat a team with 1 win from the first 12 rounds. there will be no excuses.

TheBigHitter_old

Souths will put in their best performance of the season on Friday night, you heard it here first.

kingdamo_old

Souths will put in their best performance of the season on Friday night, you heard it here first.

Even is they lose, will it still be their best performance?

I think their lack of experience could play into our hands.

TheBigHitter_old

Even is they lose, will it still be their best performance?

I think their lack of experience could play into our hands.

Depends how well we play.

Few dumb penalties and errors at the starts, souths put on a few quick trys. Then lack of experience is cancelled out by the level of enthusiasm they have.

I hope the boys are switched on for this game. I can really see Souths having a big one.

nzwarrior05_old

The start in this game will be so important - a few early tries could break the bunnies but give them a sniff and look out.

They might have only won 1 game but there yet to be smashed by anyone. I think last week might have been the worst score line for them. May it continue this week.

Hopefully a big crowd for this one to get on the back of a relatively inexperienced referee.

Northern_Union

One game at a time i think. If they start looking at who they have in coming weeks they/we could be in trouble.

I agree with Hitter that Souths will turn up to play this weekend as it's do or die for them making the cut this season. All things being equal and if both teams play to potential we'll win by 20. Lets not think about what'll happen if we're down on form.

Skinny_Ravs82

We'll now in the early stages how Souths are, and if they start well and we stay with them we can still run them down (as most teams like to do to us)

Joe 90_old

Tbh i think the game against the Sharks will be more of a crunch game. I'd be very, very suprised if we dont come away with the points this weekend. Yes yes, i know, one game at a time, anyone can beat anyone, you shouldn't take any team for granted etc, and the boys shouldn't. I'm a fan, i've got the luxury of speculating.

After a good away win against the Knights, and what should be a solid win against the Rabbits, we should have a bit of momentum and confidence going our way. With respect to those 2 teams, the Sharks are a lot more solid outfit, and also playing pretty well, so should provide more of a challenge, especially over there. If we can beat one of the better sides over there (which we're going to have to do if we seriously want to challenge this year) i would say that would kick us on and give the boys greater confidence in themselves than a victory against the cellar dwellers.
Pure speculation on my part, and could come back to bite me, but that's just how i see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kid-Dynamite_old

Warriors by 13+ for all you betters out there :D

I think it's a crunch period though!

After this game we have to testing games against the Sharks away from home and then Manly at home should be a beauty.

But I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself! :)

Tomorrow is a pretty big game as I see it as a chance for us to get some massive confidence from it!!
And i've said it before, a confident Warriors team is one to beware!!

edguy_old

souths have a bunch of no name , kids playing against us ...

but remember a few years back , when a similar looking saints team showed up at
mt smart ,we were odds on to give them a hiding , and didnt turn up .. with 8 regular first graders out , and they took us apart...

lets home we do bring our a game ...

Jesbass_old

souths have a bunch of no name , kids playing against us ...

but remember a few years back , when a similar looking saints team showed up at
mt smart ,we were odds on to give them a hiding , and didnt turn up .. with 8 regular first graders out , and they took us apart...

lets home we do bring our a game ...

Actually, the Dragons beat us two years in a row with numerous first graders out of the side. Complacency kills.

kingdamo_old

The result of this game will determine who is currently the worst in the NRL.

What about the cowboys? They are looking pretty bad right now.

They were lucky to go to golden point last weekend against the Panthers..

NathanW_old

yeah mate
But we will. Thats my prediction. Smash em up. They won't know wot hit them.