Staff Craig Twentyman

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
This guy twentyman gets it. It’s not just hard work. It’s smart work. Under fatigue. Under pressure. Not just running running running.Good riddance to corvo, honestly.
3 ACLs in 2 weeks 🤔

“I think it’s felt a lot different. Last year we were running 12ks in a day, about 30 kilometres a week, whereas now we do 12ks a week instead of in one day.
I can see why Blair pushed change... he will be guaranteed a starting spot when there is nobody else left...

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
3 ACLs in 2 weeks 🤔

I can see why Blair pushed change... he will be guaranteed a starting spot when there is nobody else left...

No injury is preventable. I’ll repeat, NO injury is preventable. This isn’t anyone’s ‘fault’. This is simply bad luck. Only real loss is Bunty, but it also presents an opportunity.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
Does running 50 x 100m sprints make you faster? Not at all. It makes you fucked, but it’s doesn’t make you better.

That type of running isn’t meant to make you faster, it is meant to make you recover faster so you can maintain maximum effort for longer.

So it does make you better, it is just fairly gruellingly after the first few kms.

There is reason why repeats are a staple of all endurance running training, there aren’t many short cuts there.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
3 ACLs in 2 weeks 🤔

Going to be interesting to watch: there is a lot of thinking about how some strength and power is outpacing the strength of tendons and ligaments - particularly when you are heavy.

That said, there were still a lot of injuries last year, but it will be the type of injuries to keep an eye on with a change in training ethos.

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
Going to be interesting to watch: there is a lot of thinking about how some strength and power is outpacing the strength of tendons and ligaments - particularly when you are heavy.

That said, there were still a lot of injuries last year, but it will be the type of injuries to keep an eye on with a change in training ethos.

Somewhat agree. Strength training improves the resiliency of tendons and ligaments however. No amount of training can prevent an ACL rupture. None.

Reactions: Worried2Death

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
No injury is preventable. I’ll repeat, NO injury is preventable. This isn’t anyone’s ‘fault’. This is simply bad luck. Only real loss is Bunty, but it also presents an opportunity.
Agree there will always be injuries and it’s unfair to say there is a trend but:

“Corvo: Some injuries are unavoidable and some aren't. My philosophy is that if you build a resilient athlete, you'll have one who'll train better than a non resilient one, then it will lead to reduced injuries.

Teams that have high injury rates, with injuries that are avoidable, it's because the players aren't conditioned properly.”

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Kinda agree with both approaches but see twentymen being the most effective for our players.

Every hard nose Aussie loves a good challenge. They’re competitive by nature. I can see why Corvo was successful with those type of players.

Our stock are not made from that cloth. The analogy of the Brazilian football team is a good one. If we can somehow make the work hard but enjoyable (????) then it will make a difference.

Problem is, hard work and enjoyable don’t go together. That’s why it’s hard to begin with!

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings