Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Anyone reckon this would have a negative effect on new recruits? Mainly RTS and anyone one we are in talks with/would approach? I imagine playing behind AFB would have been a big factor in anyone coming over to the Warriors.
Fair point but we have to remember we’re not and aren’t a one man team……we have to adjust no matter what.

I trust Webby and recruitment and they’ll already be blowing up phones as we speak.

They have pressure on them to build on what we achieved this year…..it’s all on!
I do feel there will be some positives to come out of this - if we handle this right. I think the majority on here acknowledge something was up with AFB in the last few games of the season. Webby reduced his minutes substantially, and AFB's body language was interesting to say the least. You would assume AFB had an end of season review before departing with Tonga. I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for this interview!!! I believe the club, either had an inkling this could happen, or thought this would happen. We all acknowledge we were already a middle short for next year - even Cappy said they had a bit of money for one. Well, now we are in a good bargaining position with the club/s in AFB's ear. We are likely to land two reasonable players. I would be happy if this happened. And we did indeed get two reasonable middles.
Agreed, his body language stood out to me also but I thought it was just me.

We’ll be fine, onwards and upwards….thank you for your service AFB, you captured my heart bro 🖤

There’s some great Kiwi players at some Sydney clubs that might be keen on a return home and the mind boggles at the possibilities. Could be ruthless and let CNK go and let AFB go to roosters for Manu and then use the money we were going to use for an experienced forward and CNK for Taumalolo with cowboys picking up some of the cost. Would imagine any club would make room for AFB, so we should see what we can get that semi fills his void as there’s very little that can, and add somewhere else in the squad.
Letting CNK go (again) would be the 2nd dumbest warriors move in a decade.

Beavers Headgear
Beavers Headgear
First Grade
Messages8,493
28 minutes ago
Hearing Bulldogs have him
I doubt any one would have him yet considering he needs the Warriors okay. The Warriors would do it in person too, not whilst he's over seas & they wouldn't do it without a replacement.

One can only hope though that Gus has been in talks with him, which is a breach considering he is not off contract and hasn't had the "okay" - Have the NRL ban him having anything to do with the NRL (Gus not AFB).

Clubs and representatives would have to reach out to the Warriors, before even reaching out to AFB or his manager.

I doubt any one would have him yet considering he needs the Warriors okay. The Warriors would do it in person too, not whilst he's over seas & they wouldn't do it without a replacement.

One can only hope though that Gus has been in talks with him, which is a breach considering he is not off contract and hasn't had the "okay" - Have the NRL ban him having anything to do with the NRL (Gus not AFB).

Clubs and representatives would have to reach out to the Warriors, before even reaching out to AFB or his manager.
He’s obviously gone, it’s just a matter of where he’s going. With us holding power having him contracted, we could have the same stance like when Walsh wanted a release and have him negotiate with certain clubs. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a friendship between Robinson and Gould after his time with us and Robinson has allowed the bulldogs the right. Certainly better to let him go somewhere like that than the roosters who automatically become title favourites in our window. Our window now also depends on being able to recruit an adequate replacement.

He’s obviously gone, it’s just a matter of where he’s going. With us holding power having him contracted, we could have the same stance like when Walsh wanted a release and have him negotiate with certain clubs. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a friendship between Robinson and Gould after his time with us and Robinson has allowed the bulldogs the right. Certainly better to let him go somewhere like that than the roosters who automatically become title favourites in our window. Our window now also depends on being able to recruit an adequate replacement.
Yea let him negotiate with the new PNG club only. 🤣

Went to go get a screenshot of that Prelim post, and AFB's wife put her instagram on private.

You just know that there have been idiots that are messaging her shit since AFB's own account was already private (so it can't be messaged)..

Fucking gutted to be honest. A few more years here and he would have been an all time Warrior great. Not to be now it seems.

Including Curran's money for next year, we have over 1.5mil to essentially sign 2 props so were cashed up as fook.

It will make for an interesting off season but maaaan, can't believe it. On top of losing SJ and Tohu nek year...

Live look at our premiership window

1698898673238.png

Back