Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Even in our darkest days we still have to be positive… light at the end of the tunnel….

And laugh - it’s a coping mechanism!
Well said.

Each to their own. I mean that. Everyone knows best how to handle stress in their own way.

Vaccine rates are looking really good.

Some groups of people are looking really exposed.

We will just have to hope for the best.

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
Apologies if this is a repost but my wife showed me this video. We both think it's a great initiative to encourage vaccinations especially among groups where most don't care about following rules.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Agree it's not all bad Sup42 Sup42 and bruce bruce

Smile while you can and keep an eye on the numbers. It's not bad yet. Super Saturday may provide the difference.

I think it is close, so I have not given up hope. Only vaccines can spare us now.

Vaccines and people doing what they are supposed to.

Now that we are set to face a large wave of Covid. I am having a lot of doubts about our health care.

Every night I remind my family we will be ok, we have done everything we can to protect ourselves. We have family who need hospital care now, on waiting lists. So the stress is building. Cancer does not wait.

And we hope the people around us who have not made good decisions will be ok.

But the pandemic is here. We all need to be very clear about that. Cases are on there way.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Apologies if this is a repost but my wife showed me this video. We both think it's a great initiative to encourage vaccinations especially among groups where most don't care about following rules.

I saw that the other day.

Comments section is feral, usual toxic rubbish.

Reactions: Tragic

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Something a little more serious...

Man that guy is full of shit.

According to his facts...which are stories second hand from other people.... vaccines were killing every second Aboriginal child in the Northern territory and Killing Native Americans in the US as the leading health problem.

Vaccines!

Ahhh look at the hundreds of thousands of children around you before watching this shit and get a grip.

DavidMcKay1974

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2013
But the pandemic is here. We all need to be very clear about that. Cases are on there way.
Cases have been on their way since it first got here at the end of February 2020.

We won that first battle.

Cases have been on their way since we won that first battle, I thought we were winning until the Government decided to abandon their Level 4 Lockdown. If they just waited 1 more week I would be really comfortable.

Cases have been on their way since well and truly China broke the news of trouble there towards the end of 2019.

So what I am getting at. Cases have been on their way since Day 1..

I may be being a bit facetious here, but like you said, you have to grin and bare it. What will come will come. What ever happens will happen. We will get through this. At least everyone bar a few in this thread have had 1 or 2 of their jabs. They've done their job. That's all we can ask.

The next task is Super Saturday and Vaxathon. Let's see how we get through that before looking doom in its face.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Vaccines and people doing what they are supposed to.
People will be people, nothing is going to change that.

From what I read the issue of breakthrough is contact with unvaxxed people, not so much vaxxed people.

The government has been slow apparently in sorting out passports.

When that happens people will want to be vaxxed.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Cases have been on their way since it first got here at the end of February 2020.

Cases have been on their way since we won that first battle, I thought we were winning until the Government decided to abandon their Level 4 Lockdown. If they just waited 1 more week I would be really comfortable.

Cases have been on their way since well and truly China broke the news of trouble there towards the end of 2019.

I may be being a bit facetious here, but like you said, you have to grin and bare it. What will come will come. What ever happens will happen. We will get through this. At least everyone bar a few in this thread have had 1 or 2 of their jabs. They've done their job. That's all we can ask.

The next task is Super Saturday and Vaxathon. Let's see how we get through that before looking doom in its face.
Good plan mate, I plan on being drunk all day after work on super Saturday and looking doom in the face on Sunday, by then I'll be glad if the elites want to cull me.

Last edited:

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
People will be people, nothing is going to change that.

From what I read the issue of breakthrough is contact with unvaxxed people, not so much vaxxed people.

The government has been slow apparently in sorting out passports.

When that happens people will want to be vaxxed.
Covid health app is out of beta now.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

I have always believed we would contain the virus, because we have the level four sledge hammer and it works when people apply it.

And as you say, it has worked till now.

Unfortunately the Delta variant changed all of that, and the specific people that got infected at a critical stage in the eradication attempt.

The Govt gave up when they realised there were multiple people that they could not reach, circulating the virus, I imagine it was the homeless cases the ones they were trying to find a while back that broke the camels back, it is pretty hard to track down homeless people. Later on we hear about a homeless positive case visiting the shelter in Auckland, when that cluster started in South Auckland.

Up until that happened, things were grim already with the gang situation.

It looks as though that was when the Government realised it is impossible to stop the outbreak.

I guess the hardest thing, from my pov now, is the uncertainty.

I will not labour the point about the case numbers.

On a positive note the border will be open soon to returning Kiwis you would think.

Since our plan now is to home isolate local cases, and no longer use MIQ for them, then we should see a radical change at the border.

Rapid tests at the border, a few days spent at home, no more MIQ for New Zealand citizens potentially, depending on what is happening with variants and their countries of origin.

Looking to our nearest neighbour, NSW did pretty well with Delta to keep their daily case count under two thousand.

The main reason we will see a large wave is we never got to vaccinate kids.

But as we keep saying, lets hope we can outrun the worst of it.

But I am not being alarmist I don't think, in saying that the worst of this pandemic, whatever that looks like for us...is coming now, not in the future...unless there is another variant that is vaccine proof.

Last edited:

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Anyone on here still thinking this Government is doing a good job of managing this while being open and honest about it?

I do not. No leadership, just reactive and despicable spin, hoping the real questions about actual accountability (vaccine availability, policing, of restrictions/MIQ etc, actual ICU bed and care availability) don't get through the filter cordon.

Even now, what has happened to the elimination policy.... FFS front up, say you got it wrong and lay out the stall (dates KPIs etc) for what's next.

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
Even now, what has happened to the elimination policy.... FFS front up, say you got it wrong and lay out the stall (dates KPIs etc) for what's next.
I am sure I heard JA say something along the lines of "the elimination strategy worked up till now but Delta is a different beast and the next step is to get as many people vaxxed as possible".
Btw the elimination strategy did work, it's the reason we've been open for pretty much the last year till the Delta variant came along.

DavidMcKay1974

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2013
Good morning everyone on this Friday 15th October 2021. One more day until Super Saturday and the Vaxathon. Hopefully this may change a few peoples minds.

Now to the stats.

It's 595 Days since Covid hit NZ.

It's 468 Days since it re-emerged after we first eliminated it.

It's 24 Days of Auckland being in Level 3. They need a Level 4 Snapdown after yesterday's case numbers but it won't happen.

It's 38 Days of the rest of the country being in Level 2 bar Auckland, Waikato and Northland.

It's 12 Days for Hamilton, Raglan, Huntly, Ngaruawahia and Te Kauwhata went back to Level 3.

It's 8 Days for Waitomo, Te Kuiti, Waipa, Otorohanga, Te Awamutu, Karapiro, and Cambridge going back to Level 3.

It's 1 Week exactly for Northland heading back into Level 3.

Just a break down of the current outbreak of cases.

1790 Total Cases.

Auckland - 1736 - 1172 have recovered
Waikato - 37 - Only 2 have recovered
And Wellington - 17 - All have recovered.

1191 people have recovered.

Have a great day everyone.

P.S. News after my second shot. My arm doesn't feel sore at all. It did after the first shot, but this time around nothing and I was told to prepare for some stronger or different reactions. Nothing at all so far. Mind you its only been 17 hours.

Reactions: Sup42

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
P.S. News after my second shot. My arm doesn't feel sore at all. It did after the first shot, but this time around nothing and I was told to prepare for some stronger or different reactions. Nothing at all so far. Mind you its only been 17 hours.
Is the sore arm most people get a reaction to the vaccination contents or a physical bruise to the muscle from the needle?

Watching my family all getting done the jab can be lower or higher in the arm. My first one was lower and ached more. The second was almost on the shoulder and ached less. Sup42 Sup42 ?

Reactions: DavidMcKay1974

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings