How many confirmed cases will NZ in total have as announced at 25 August press conference

• 148 - 160

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 161 - 179

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • 180 - 199

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • 200 - 219

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • 220 - 239

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 240+

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • NFI

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Yes and your point is?
Two I was that soldier stories.

Lawyer Fred pulls a dirty trick, and gets caught red handed like even before it gets well known. i.e. dobbed in by a judge, with no public exposure

I know for a bloody fact they can shut it down with no mention in return for a donation to the society.

Actually I have a quote on that from a terrible fecker who I managed to out. He was pissed off and told me so.

...and I had another terrible fecker did a similar trick...got caught red handed before a Judge...I heard nothing either...but he was absolutely spewing at me...the asshole...cost him quite a bit.

However the sad thing was, in neither case did I get a bean, nor an apology, nothing, the cases just vanished from the face of the earth.

Ok...match that story

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
How long do you guys reckon it will take for the virus to take off here when we switch to self isolation at home for travellers?

Based off this latest experience, it took nine days to be right on the cusp of a exponential take off.

So I figure it will take about a month. Two weeks to really spread, and two more weeks for those cases to come tumbling out of the wood work.

So Jan Feb March next year looking like perhaps the time the wave hits.

Depends I suppose on what we do about kids, in terms of whether we try to stay border closed till kids trials are completed and a kids roll out is done.

Otherwise, if we do this partial reopening, I reckon we will be in it by March.
Think a month is realistic. depends when they pull the trigger on travel I guess. Pressure will come on for xmas I'm sure and lets hope the vaccination rates are right up there.

Reactions: Akkerz and Sup42

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Think a month is realistic. depends when they pull the trigger on travel I guess. Pressure will come on for xmas I'm sure and lets hope the vaccination rates are right up there.
That is correct, at least. That is why they won't open the bubble.

I know some guys, big time international commuters. Big earners so the airfares are (were) bugger all.

Covid is really affecting them. Not only are the airfares expensive, but they have to have quarantines all over the place. Whereas before they could be home in a day, now it is almost three weeks, and they have to pay as well.

They would be better off staying over there, but of course have families at home.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I think they said today the bubble is off until further notice...like not even thinking about it.

The 95% Bernard Hickey (and others) were talking about was if they had a bubble.

So they seem to be playing the percentages, and to be fair good on them for that,.
Sounds like I missed a lot by missing today’s announcements, thanks for keeping up to date.
I would say then, that being the case, that we are going to hold out till kids are vaxxed.

If I recall correctly the Pfizers trials will end in October.

I have every faith medsafe will take that Data and make entirely their own determination from it, without waiting this time, for other bodies to approve the five year olds shot.

Med safe were pretty fast to do that with the twelve year olds data.

So this will not be a slow thing like the first approvals for adults.

Medsafe understand what the Pfizer biontec vaccine is, they will not be wasting time reinventing the wheel.

Now provided we keep the border shut, we can roll out the Novavax booster in a timely fashion and anticipate a very well protected population which should, allow them to contemplate a completely open country.

This is assuming they hit extremely high uptake all round.

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Two I was that soldier stories.

Lawyer Fred pulls a dirty trick, and gets caught red handed like even before it gets well known. i.e. dobbed in by a judge, with no public exposure

I know for a bloody fact they can shut it down with no mention in return for a donation to the society.

Actually I have a quote on that from a terrible fecker who I managed to out. He was pissed off and told me so.

...and I had another terrible fecker did a similar trick...got caught red handed before a Judge...I heard nothing either...but he was absolutely spewing at me...the asshole...cost him quite a bit.

However the sad thing was, in neither case did I get a bean, nor an apology, nothing, the cases just vanished from the face of the earth.

Ok...match that story
In either of the situations you outlined did you lodge a complaint with the Law Society?

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
This is a new one in the stupidity column.

She refuses to get vaccinated cause someones testicles got swollen. Firstly she shouldn't haven't testicles so she should be fine.

Her cousins testicles got swollen and his fiancé called off the wedding cause he became impotent. Ok lets look at this scare men cause it affects their testicles check, it caused a relationship to fail check, can't have children check. Got a few of the anti vax boxes checked there.

I'm not a medical person but I do a lot of troubleshooting for a living. What timeframe were there from the discovery of the swollen testicles to the conclusion that he was impotent. They would need to test that and confirm.

There is also more than one vaccine going around but the anti vaxxer talk about the vaccine.

What a stupid cow she is. No doubt lapped up by the idiots who are happy to have both face and arse injected with Botox.

I wonder how her cousin feels now that she’s told everyone he can’t even manage half a tea cake.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
In either of the situations you outlined did you lodge a complaint with the Law Society?
No. The second time I was going to but left it to the judge.

The first time the lawyer admitted he had to make a "donation" to the society. He was almost irrationally filthy about it. That is how I knew it must have been a healthy donation.

So I checked with somebody who knew about these things, and that was a long time ago and he said at least $20000.

Now you are going to ask me why the lawyer actually spoke to me...go on. :D

Hint... he was obviously smarting about the cost of the donation, and was trying to enforce an earlier costs award. Of course the costs award was after he had broken the rules, but he hadn't been outed at that stage.

I told him he could have the money and I was going to note the conversation and bring it to the attention of the law society. Click!!!!!

Any more questions?

Oh, forgot, I really know my way around the law, way more than the average punter...believe me.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Sorry, this must be fake news… capacity retrains at quarantine facilities. Surely not. They just need to throw a few mattresses down on the floor.

And we shouldn’t be worried about this guy mentioned in the article not obeying the rules. It’s not like he was found wandering the streets in the 24 plus hours after testing positive but before he picked up to go to quarantine. It‘s not like he jumped a fence and wandered around for 10 hours before being taken back to quarantine.

I’m sure someone from Auckland Public Health sat him down and had a nice chat over a cuppa tea. “Now we know you have disobeyed isolating rules before and you escaped from a quarantine facility but I need you to promise me that you will stay at home for the next four days and then go and get yourself tested. Otherwise, you will be letting down the Team of Five Million and Jacinta won’t be happy with you.”

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Sounds like I missed a lot by missing today’s announcements, thanks for keeping up to date.
I would say then, that being the case, that we are going to hold out till kids are vaxxed.

If I recall correctly the Pfizers trials will end in October.

I have every faith medsafe will take that Data and make entirely their own determination from it, without waiting this time, for other bodies to approve the five year olds shot.

Med safe were pretty fast to do that with the twelve year olds data.

So this will not be a slow thing like the first approvals for adults.

Medsafe understand what the Pfizer biontec vaccine is, they will not be wasting time reinventing the wheel.

Now provided we keep the border shut, we can roll out the Novavax booster in a timely fashion and anticipate a very well protected population which should, allow them to contemplate a completely open country.

This is assuming they hit extremely high uptake all round.
Is there any reason why children won’t get the vaccine? Surely if it’s safe for one adult it’s safe for all humans of every type?

Is this just an abundance of caution and waiting for the adult population to be vaccinated first or is there an actual additional risk with children?

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Sorry, this must be fake news… capacity retrains at quarantine facilities. Surely not. They just need to throw a few mattresses down on the floor.

And we shouldn’t be worried about this guy mentioned in the article not obeying the rules. It’s not like he was found wandering the streets in the 24 plus hours after testing positive but before he picked up to go to quarantine. It‘s not like he jumped a fence and wandered around for 10 hours before being taken back to quarantine.

I’m sure someone from Auckland Public Health sat him down and had a nice chat over a cuppa tea. “Now we know you have disobeyed isolating rules before and you escaped from a quarantine facility but I need you to promise me that you will stay at home for the next four days and then go and get yourself tested. Otherwise, you will be letting down the Team of Five Million and Jacinta won’t be happy with you.”
I recall something about a bet if our MIQ facilities could handle the upcoming surge.

Released after 10 days of a 14 day isolation because of capacity constraints seems to settles it!

And released with no Covid test - WTF?

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
I recall something about a bet if our MIQ facilities could handle the upcoming surge.

Released after 10 days of a 14 day isolation because of capacity constraints seems to settles it!

And released with no Covid test - WTF?
You know the spin that the government will put on this will be something like: “We’re repurposing the 235 room Ibis Ellerslie from a temporary quarantine facility back to a standard MIQ facility to cope with our new MIQ booking system. This has meant some of the people housed there, who were considered low risk, were released early. We have told them that our expectation is that they will undertake a COVID test on what would have been their fourteenth day in quarantine.“

“We still have 370 quarantine rooms in Auckland located at the JetPark and Holiday Inn facilities.”

The crow

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 22, 2020
Well I see the madness continues. Talk of children getting vaxxed and the usual media caused hype running more rampant than covid could ever hope to through the soft brains of most of the forum members.

The crow

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 22, 2020
Is there any reason why children won’t get the vaccine? Surely if it’s safe for one adult it’s safe for all humans of every type?

Is this just an abundance of caution and waiting for the adult population to be vaccinated first or is there an actual additional risk with children?
Yes. Because they don't need it.

• Wow
Reactions: bruce

PeonyBella

U20's Player
Mar 6, 2016

Kids immune systems aren’t fully developed until they are 9 or so from memory. So they are trying a drug on an immune system that is still growing and changing. Probably it makes it a bit of a different beast. There’s also the dosing factor, the level is quite a bit lower for kiddos, and I’m guessing they need to make sure it’s still effective without horrible side effects or worse.

@Sup42’s post re self isolating travellers raises an interesting point. The Pfizer trial data on under 5’s isn’t due until the end of the year. Realistically we are going to struggle to get that group vaccinated before the end of summer. It’s not realistic to shut Daycare’s and ask them to all isolate until they are jabbed, so not sure how that lines up with opening up to business travellers whilst maintaining a suppression policy.

There’s also the fear factor. I’m very pro vaxx and have an almost 3 year old. Delta barely touches that group. The hospitalisation rate in the UK for them is marginal, serious illnesses or death really uncommon. It’s a hard ask to push parents to vaccinate unless it’s robustly tested. You are effectively asking them to do it to protect a bunch of unvaccinated idiots, elderly people and people who can’t take the vaccine. It’s a bit of an ask unless they can have confidence in the data. Flu vacs are uncommon in that group so it’s quite different from the usual vaccines they get

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
No. The second time I was going to but left it to the judge.

The first time the lawyer admitted he had to make a "donation" to the society. He was almost irrationally filthy about it. That is how I knew it must have been a healthy donation.

So I checked with somebody who knew about these things, and that was a long time ago and he said at least $20000.

Now you are going to ask me why the lawyer actually spoke to me...go on. :D

Hint... he was obviously smarting about the cost of the donation, and was trying to enforce an earlier costs award. Of course the costs award was after he had broken the rules, but he hadn't been outed at that stage.

I told him he could have the money and I was going to note the conversation and bring it to the attention of the law society. Click!!!!!

Any more questions?

Oh, forgot, I really know my way around the law, way more than the average punter...believe me.
No

I try but it is difficult

Reactions: bruce

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
This is a good article on what I believe is a hidden and understated problem with mental health over the last year

Fantastic article, great to get some balanced reporting rather than all the alarmist shit that we typically read.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Kids immune systems aren’t fully developed until they are 9 or so from memory. So they are trying a drug on an immune system that is still growing and changing. Probably it makes it a bit of a different beast. There’s also the dosing factor, the level is quite a bit lower for kiddos, and I’m guessing they need to make sure it’s still effective without horrible side effects or worse.

@Sup42’s post re self isolating travellers raises an interesting point. The Pfizer trial data on under 5’s isn’t due until the end of the year. Realistically we are going to struggle to get that group vaccinated before the end of summer. It’s not realistic to shut Daycare’s and ask them to all isolate until they are jabbed, so not sure how that lines up with opening up to business travellers whilst maintaining a suppression policy.

There’s also the fear factor. I’m very pro vaxx and have an almost 3 year old. Delta barely touches that group. The hospitalisation rate in the UK for them is marginal, serious illnesses or death really uncommon. It’s a hard ask to push parents to vaccinate unless it’s robustly tested. You are effectively asking them to do it to protect a bunch of unvaccinated idiots, elderly people and people who can’t take the vaccine. It’s a bit of an ask unless they can have confidence in the data. Flu vacs are uncommon in that group so it’s quite different from the usual vaccines they get
Great reply thanks.

I would add though, under 4 year olds currently get vaccinated for measles, mumps, diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, rotavirus, pneumococcal, rubella and chickenpox, etc.

Clearly children can have vaccinations and they have for decades with no clear link to any long term issues.

Is the Covid vaccine different in design? Is the bodies response different?

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings