How many confirmed cases will NZ in total have as announced at 25 August press conference

• 148 - 160

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 161 - 179

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • 180 - 199

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • 200 - 219

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • 220 - 239

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 240+

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • NFI

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
I know...they are all in the same team. I think he is just a lightweight, never had a real job.

and before I get howled down

Rob Fyfe, former head of Air NZ, and an experienced engineer (good at lateral thinking and problem solving) offered his time free of charge when the shite hit the fan last year.

Cindy kept giving him the cold shoulder so he went home.

Now say what you fecking like...but that needs explaining IMO
You mean this Rob Fyfe?

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The struggle in Aus is how unvaccinated customers are going to be handled, at this stage it’s up to individual businesses to check and turn away unvaccinated. Business owners are a bit wary and I don’t blame them, can just imagine the rants and scenes the unvaccinated will stir up when they get turned away
It has to get nasty.

Was just talking to a mate tonight. A genuine cold hard bastard, leaves me for dead. Don't ask me what he thinks of Cindy.

I said:

You know lockdowns have failed...yeah of course

are you prepared to get infected? I hear a pause... err yeah.

You realise you have a 5 to 15 % chance of getting sick, and maybe even long covid...very long pause...err yeah

and you are probably going to get infected by some fecker who won't get vaccinated...silence.

He hadn't actually let it sink in. Like he knew, but it hadn't sunk in.

Now when it does, and knowing him, I would not want to be anywhere near him if I was an anti vaxxer.

People get strange when they are threatened.

I am pretty sure the authorities know this and are slowly letting everybody realise it.

Reactions: matiunz

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
The struggle in Aus is how unvaccinated customers are going to be handled, at this stage it’s up to individual businesses to check and turn away unvaccinated. Business owners are a bit wary and I don’t blame them, can just imagine the rants and scenes the unvaccinated will stir up when they get turned away
Ain’t going to happen M.
People on minimum wage in retail and hospital being expected to turn away angry sometimes violent unvaxed ferals
It’s fantasy
Just like QR code check ins majority don’t do it and no one checks or takes action

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Ain’t going to happen M.
People on minimum wage in retail and hospital being expected to turn away angry sometimes violent unvaxed ferals
It’s fantasy
Just like QR code check ins majority don’t do it and no one checks or takes action
Totally agree. It will happen in an organic way.

Dumb Merkins in the south are getting vaxxed but denying it to their mates :rolleyes:

I was watching on One News tonight a Kiwi male nurse at a top hospital in London. Tearing up at the thought of young people very ill asking can they take the vaxx instead of going on the ventilator.

People will get really pissed off. No doubt about it.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Ain’t going to happen M.
It’s fantasy
Yeah I can see staff saying ‘bugger this, I don’t get paid enough’ when dealing with that type.
Might be a different thing state by state but most places here have a store greeter that checks QR code’s on entry. Couple of independents are a bit more lax though granted

Reactions: Worried2Death

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
The home recovery seems to be the plan.
You been vaccinated?...No? Stay home then.
That may sound harsh but I fear it will come to that.
Undertakers better be ready.
If i am honest this home recovery plan is frightening.

Unfortunately it is a case of needs must. I just hope that none of us or ours go through it.

This is how Govts floss the hospitalizations stats, they pretend these people at home are not sick enough to be in hospital...when that is a relative concept....and the truth is...no one has in home care when there are enough hospital beds.

They are just moving the goal posts.

For some it will mean dying at home because the hospitals are full. That is the harsh reality of it.

And in a country like ours, with health care per capita comparable with India. That could be a lot of people, till citizens get it through their thick skulls that their arsehole decision not to vaccinate, is killing off people like you and me.

So yeah....it wont happen because so many people are pure bastards.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Sending people home improves the hospital stats!
All about numbers get the good numbers by actually increasing risk and reducing care
GOVCO bull shirting since we’ll forever
The thing about home care is no one who needs monoclonal antibodies is going to get them, steroids will be if you live long enough for the next Doctors in person review, it scares the shit out of me.

Basically a nurse making sure your Oxygen is hooked up ok and that you can attend to basic cares while too sick to get out of bed or feed yourself.

• Sad
Reactions: kos and Rizzah

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Civil law is for rich people. Generally the richer you are the better the outcome. Most people can’t afford it.
The law suits the very wealthy, and the very poor who can mount some political exposure. Our system sucks big time.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
C’mon bruce bruce what is it?

They are the Kremlin and you’ll never know OR some are, some are not.

You post as if you are Mr Wikipedia but the reality is far from that! Just saying like.
Ever heard of plea bargains? Serious question...and they do exist, believe me.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
How long do you guys reckon it will take for the virus to take off here when we switch to self isolation at home for travellers?

Based off this latest experience, it took nine days to be right on the cusp of a exponential take off.

So I figure it will take about a month. Two weeks to really spread, and two more weeks for those cases to come tumbling out of the wood work.

So Jan Feb March next year looking like perhaps the time the wave hits.

Depends I suppose on what we do about kids, in terms of whether we try to stay border closed till kids trials are completed and a kids roll out is done.

Otherwise, if we do this partial reopening, I reckon we will be in it by March.

• Love
Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Otherwise, if we do this partial reopening, I reckon we will be in it by March.
I think they said today the bubble is off until further notice...like not even thinking about it.

The 95% Bernard Hickey (and others) were talking about was if they had a bubble.

So they seem to be playing the percentages, and to be fair good on them for that,.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings