How many confirmed cases will NZ in total have as announced at 25 August press conference

• 148 - 160

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 161 - 179

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • 180 - 199

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • 200 - 219

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • 220 - 239

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 240+

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • NFI

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Who named them (Other than on social media, which like this forum is the wild west)? They had name suppression but ultimately outed themselves. I'm sure that any other “rule breakers” would be named and shamed on social media if their names were known
The Project named them at 7 last night. Not opposed as it might make others in future think twice. Public name and shame is still effective.

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
1631669666220.png

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Who named them (Other than on social media, which like this forum is the wild west)?

They had name suppression but ultimately outed themselves.

I'm sure that any other “rule breakers” would be named and shamed on social media if their names were known
I think that if they hadn’t released their names and other details themselves, like a number of others, they would have received name suppression.

As it was, before the 24 hour name suppression was granted, their details were all over the Internet.

One thing that confused me was that it’s been reported they were granted passes across the border due to their occupations as essential workers. I can understand a lawyer may need to see a client to witness documents or be required to appear in court in another part of the country but I don’t see how a horse breeder is counted as an essential worker. He had already been in Auckland for a number of weeks so you would think someone else was providing for the welfare of his horses. I just don’t get how he got through the border.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Just noticed the MOH have gotten their numbers for yesterday slightly confused.

They‘re saying that yesterday there were a total of 15 cases of COVID in the community (I.e. not in MIQ as recent arrivals). They then say that 13 were already in isolation so weren’t infectious in the community. Then they say that only 3 were infectious in the community. Last time I checked, 13 + 3 = 16… not 15.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
  • Wow
Reactions: bruce and Noitall

DavidMcKay1974

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2013

They‘re saying that yesterday there were a total of 15 cases of COVID in the community (I.e. not in MIQ as recent arrivals). They then say that 13 were already in isolation so weren’t infectious in the community. Then they say that only 3 were infectious in the community. Last time I checked, 13 + 3 = 16… not 15.

I saw that too. And thought it was weird. They've been doing it a few times over the last few weeks too.

Reactions: bruce and Miket12

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga

Trainspotter award 🏆

• Love
Reactions: bruce and Inruin

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
View attachment 45170

1631671929927.png

Also great to see the number of Pacific people getting vaccinated is steadily increasing. I've heard that a number of Pasifika church leaders are really pushing their congregations to get vaccinated... especially after the role the Samoan AOG church has played in this outbreak.

Also, unlike that COVIDiot Tamaki, other major church leaders including Peter de Yong from Life Church, Sam Monk from Equippers and Matt Buchan from C3 are telling their congregations to get vaccinated.

Reactions: bruce and Sup42

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I hope behind the scenes they have done a lot more planning than starting last week!

‘Getting the hospitals geared up with the right facilities in the right places to be able to accommodate people not just in ICU but on wards as well - specific dedicated COVID wards - I've asked the Ministry of Health to look at all of that, do some modelling about what numbers we might expect.’

Seriously, this should have been planned last year with the long turnaround in getting staff and facilities ready.

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Andrew Little, Minister of Health? Heyzeuss spare me!!!

"Having 80 per cent of the population vaccinated was one figure officials are looking at, as other countries had reached that vaccination rate."

...and those countries are still in shite street. The projections must be giving cabinet the ulcers.

I guess the option of just telling the truth...isn't an option...is it?
It seems that people don't get it.

Lets assume a number is put on it, say 85%

What does the Govt do if nationally 87% are fully vaccinated but only 83% of the say the South Auckland population?

There will be those that will say you said 85% & we have achieved that so why don't you....

However given the lower % in a vulnerable population it may still be too risky to do ....

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
It seems that people don't get it.

Lets assume a number is put on it, say 85%

What does the Govt do if nationally 87% are fully vaccinated but only 83% of the say the South Auckland population?

There will be those that will say you said 85% & we have achieved that so why don't you....

However given the lower % in a vulnerable population it may still be too risky to do ....
set it by DHB rather than by a national number?

ie: we need to see every DHB at 85% vaccination before.....

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Twist? Me?...

I assumed you had never heard her speak. If you had, and still prefer to listen to Cindy about covid you must have a fetish on her...comrade ;) ...heyzeuss spare me.
Yes, you

You made an assumption which was wrong.

You also made out that you are an admirer of Verrall and suggested she should be given the rostrum without realising that she had

And now you insinuate that I have a preference for hearing one voice rather than another without knowing anything about what my preferences are.

I would rather live my life having a fetish for some people rather than having the disdain that you hold for some

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

Covid 19 coronavirus Delta outbreak: Steel and Tube offers employees bonuses for getting vaccinated​

One of the country's largest steel building product providers is reinforcing its own Covid-19 defences by paying a bonus to workers if they get fully vaccinated.

Workers will get $150 in cash, KiwiSaver contributions or company shares if they get both doses of the vaccine by mid-November.

Steel and Tube chief executive Mark Malpass told Checkpoint the company believed a fully vaccinated workforce would be safer for employees, customers and suppliers.

"We've got a real interest in getting the vaccination rates up as quickly as we can to play our part in accelerating the uptake," Malpass said.

"We'd much rather create an incentive to encourage that uptake ... we felt $150 is a reasonably significant amount and it was enough to encourage people."

The mid-November deadline was chosen because the company felt it was a reasonable timeframe to give people a chance to get fully vaccinated.

'Strong interest' from staff​

Steel and Tube wanted to get back to normal business as soon as it could, and in addition help ensure those who were vulnerable were kept safe and make sure the health system was not overwhelmed.

The company had about 850 full-time equivalent staff, Malpass said.

It was not currently recording vaccination rates among staff.

"I would have thought somewhere around 20 to 30 per cent would have been vaccinated at this point."

The bonus offer had resulted in "strong interest" from employees.

Malpass said the company would like to be at 100 per cent vaccination rate by mid-November.

Steel and Tube did not have a policy that new employees had to be vaccinated, but Malpass said "I think it will certainly become part of the currency for people going forward - that being vaccinated will be important as we move into an environment, hopefully without lockdowns.

"That will be pretty critical."

The more companies got "on board" and got their employees vaccinated as soon as possible the better, he said.

Alert level 4 in Auckland had been tough for the company.

"The economy has been pretty robust leading up into the lockdowns ... so it is a little depressing to have to pull the brakes on for a little bit."

All its Auckland sites had been closed down save one, Malpass said.

A lot of people texted into to Checkpoint to complain about this idea. Kiwis are mean spirited.
I think it was very wrong to name those Wanaka people. So many others have broken the rules and won’t be named.

If the eradication policy fails, the spin will look for somewhere to lay the blame - it will be that to many people were not following the rules…

It doesn’t matter about all the other rule breakers. Doesn’t matter about the people flying to Dunedin or the 50 at a tanga. It doesn’t matter that cats and mice can become contagious and might be transmitting it. These people will forever personally be the public faces of the rule breakers that let Covid get away on us. People will channel their anger at them.

Stupid people but bad move by the press to target them for no real public benefit. The punishment doesn’t fit the crime.

Ps I have a friend that’s travelled from Auckland to Waikato this week as their father has had a very bad stroke ☹️.
Look mate he moves in the Horse set.

His lord and Ladyship do not rub shoulders with the middle and other clarsses in any case...because one carn't undertarnd thar axcents wot wot......there is noo risk orf them bumping into any of the great unwashed and experiencing any un pleasantries in Clevedon and the shows or the Poelow....

Stop defending these cu**s, every crim in this country who breaks a rule knows that part of the consequences for ordinary citizens is you face public scorn...it is part of facing your crime.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings