Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Be interesting to see the public reaction when we run out shortly for about a month.

This next comment has nothing to do with who is in Govt, but I have a suspicion that the shortage will drive up numbers of people deciding to get vaccinated...

The old nightclub trick of building up the queue around the block....(again I am not saying our Govt has any role in this by design or intention).

A bit like trying to get Warriors tickets, the moment you cant people show interest....at least I hope that is how this plays out.

Ultimately though, what I think will happen with the Antivaxzers long term, is that they will stay staunch until the borders open...and Covid enters...kills a few hundred...and hospitalises a few hundred more....

Then there will be a drive to the eighty fifth percentile no worries.

Reactions: Akkerz and bruce

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Be interesting to see the public reaction when we run out shortly for about a month.

This next comment has nothing to do with who is in Govt, but I have a suspicion that the shortage will drive up numbers of people deciding to get vaccinated...

The old nightclub trick of building up the queue around the block....(again I am not saying our Govt has any role in this by design or intention).

A bit like trying to get Warriors tickets, the moment you cant people show interest....at least I hope that is how this plays out.

Ultimately though, what I think will happen with the Antivaxzers long term, is that they will stay staunch until the borders open...and Covid enters...kills a few hundred...and hospitalises a few hundred more....

Then there will be a drive to the eighty fifth percentile no worries.
A bit like toilet paper and lockdowns

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
A bit like toilet paper and lockdowns
Mate I hope that is the case but this is the Kiwibuild crowd.

I would like to have a jab before the Warriors game in August. If I had to put money on it I think I won't have it by then. This crew have been pushing their luck, and their spin too long.

I hope to be so wrong.

Reactions: Geoff Public

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga

I would like to have a jab before the Warriors game in August. If I had to put money on it I think I won't have it by then. This crew have been pushing their luck, and their spin too long.

I hope to be so wrong.
Don't worry 😉you usually are

Jaxia

U20's Player
Apr 9, 2021
Alright I apologise for that reference, I don't necessarily disagree with everything you're saying, I wouldn't trust Gates with the job of depopulating the planet to sustainable levels either.
Again you can call it what ever you want but l find it interesting that the largest private owner of
agricultural land in the US, one of the leaders/organisers of Event 201, one of the largest contributors to big pharma and the person that came out a few months ago and said life will to back to “normal “ by 2022 is Bill Gates.

Jaxia

U20's Player
Apr 9, 2021
If more than fifteen percent of the population adopt yours and Jaxias beliefs....no herd immunity.

In other words if we listen to you blokes the world stays Covid ravaged forever.

How do you justify them apples?

It is fine for you lot to post your dribble everywhere...but if we all listen you and your family are screwed permanently.

BTW you buggers are gonna get Covid I believe that one hundred percent based on everything I have observed with this virus.

When the borders open, even with Vaccines you will get it.

Be fascinated to hear from you when you get it. An honest blog of what it is like to play with the organ destroying long covid, play with death game would be riveting reading...obviously I want to read a happy account from you...and Jaxia....any account tho would be wonderful since you boys are going to experiment with Covid survival...I want an emotionally honest report from you both....I would consider it a privilege to hear the thoughts of guys prepared to march the Green mile...think about it....that would be incredible.

Thing is, because of our Govt we have been robbed of that up close view into being a Covid patient and you and Jaxia as volunteers in Covid eperimental exploration would be giving us a Kiwi and Warriors fan voice that we feel a connection with as you go on your amazing and dark journey...as you play Russian Roulette....you guys could take us along for a ride we just do not see in NZ...we only see in distant and far removed foreign media images of yanks and poms and Indians dying...you could take us right to the place we have not seen through Kiwi eyes.

Keep us posted.
Luckily with experts like you, despite no actual real research other than Google, you will save everyone long after I’m dead from dying in a car crash.
What l see as interesting is at no point have l said you need to change your beliefs to match mine yet you feel the need to use insults to firstly prove you’re smarter than me and that my opinion is obviously wrong and bordering on evil.
I also find your attitude odd as at a guess you have never been outraged by the death of people in places like India that die every year from things like the other respiratory and diarrheal diseases, hepatitis, tuberculosis, malaria, no access to clean drinking water or shelter and starvation. All things that can be treated, yet here you are going on about the same people who may have Covid as a contributor to their deaths as unnecessary deaths caused by people like me. While also stating the lab leak theory is fantasy, something that may well be proven as fact in the not to distant future. Again you’re welcome to your opinion but only a fool rejects all possibilities without all the information.
I have always found it interesting that some people believe the media while calling a sitting president of the US a liar, apparently oblivious to the fact that as president he has access to classified information we as the drones will never be given.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Luckily with experts like you, despite no actual real research other than Google, you will save everyone long after I’m dead from dying in a car crash.
What l see as interesting is at no point have l said you need to change your beliefs to match mine yet you feel the need to use insults to firstly prove you’re smarter than me and that my opinion is obviously wrong and bordering on evil.
I also find your attitude odd as at a guess you have never been outraged by the death of people in places like India that die every year from things like the other respiratory and diarrheal diseases, hepatitis, tuberculosis, malaria, no access to clean drinking water or shelter and starvation. All things that can be treated, yet here you are going on about the same people who may have Covid as a contributor to their deaths as unnecessary deaths caused by people like me. While also stating the lab leak theory is fantasy, something that may well be proven as fact in the not to distant future. Again you’re welcome to your opinion but only a fool rejects all possibilities without all the information.
I have always found it interesting that some people believe the media while calling a sitting president of the US a liar, apparently oblivious to the fact that as president he has access to classified information we as the drones will never be given.

I’ve never claimed to be an expert.

Nor have I ever compared your intellect to mine.

That is a creation of your insecurities.

My entire working life was devoted to the service of others, the most disaffected and maligned group in society, the mentally ill. So I do not know where you get off claiming you know my feelings about people suffering and dying from preventable diseases.

There is one very clear difference between you and the man in Mumbai....you have a choice.

In this issue, your behaviour...because it is a global pandemic...affects others. This is at the crux of all arguments I mount to challenge that behaviour.

If you think you can come and post shit about Covid that is misleading or without a scientific basis, then expect to be challenged.

You posted it big boy, deal with the reaction or Gtfo with your manipulative passive aggressive lies about not trying to influence other people.

Simply champ, if that bullshit you are selling was even remotely true you wouldn’t feel compelled to post your bs in the first place.
Man up and admit your agenda or go somewhere else where people actually care that you do not want the Vaccine.

BTW I do not actually care about what you personally do. My point still stands...if we all decide to be selfish and refuse the vaccine, you and yours are Covid screwed forever.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

I hope to be so wrong.

Covid 19 coronavirus: Why the Delta variant is terrifying experts​

It spreads more easily, it's more severe, and it's more resistant to vaccines.

More than a year-and-a-half since Covid-19 emerged in China – sparking a global pandemic that has crippled economies, killed millions and forced international borders closed – there are growing fears that the Indian strain of the virus could derail long-awaited re-openings and plunge the world back into crisis.

The so-called Delta variant, which was first detected in India last October, has now spread to at least 62 countries and is behind a growing number of outbreaks across Asia and Africa, the World Health Organisation said this week.

In the UK, the Delta variant – given the new name by the WHO to simplify its scientific name, B.1.617.2, and to avoid stigmatising countries that detect new strains – now accounts for 90 per cent of new cases, which have begun to surge again despite a successful vaccination campaign.
On Friday, Britain recorded 8125 new cases nationwide, the highest daily number in four months and a 58 per cent weekly increase, with 158 people hospitalised.

The disturbing figures are forcing the UK Government to consider delaying the final easing of restrictions on June 21 by either two or four weeks, The Times reported.
The goal is to give people more time to get their second shot. Around 75 per cent of the UK has been vaccinated, but only 40 per cent have had two doses.

Figures published this week showed the two-thirds of the 383 hospitalisations from the Delta variant were people who had not been vaccinated, while there had been 42 hospitalisations and 12 deaths in people who had received both doses of the vaccine.

"This is about giving people certainty," a Government source told The Times. "The worst-case scenario is that we ease restrictions and then have to implement them again. This has to be a one-way ticket."British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to wait until Sunday to look at the figures and make a final decision to be announced, according to the paper, but a delay is widely expected.
Anthony Costello, a British paediatrician and member of the Independent SAGE advisory group, told the BBC earlier this month that June 21 was too early to ease restrictions.

He noted that the Delta variant was thought to be 50 to 70 per cent more transmissible, had a 2.7 times higher likelihood of hospitalisation, and showed evidence of "vaccine escape".

"If you have had one dose of the vaccine, you are only 34 per cent protected," Dr Costello said.

"If you've had two doses, you're only about two-thirds protected. That means there are millions and millions of people who could be infected by this virus. Now, many of them will be younger, and death rates should be much, much lower. But many people could end up in hospital, the NHS could be thrown into another surge – we just don't know."
In addition to the higher transmissibility, there are anecdotal reports from India that the Delta variant is more severe in children than the so-called Alpha strain.

And doctors treating patients in India have reported disturbing new symptoms, including gangrene and hearing loss.

A YouGov poll published by The Times on Saturday found the majority of British voters supported pushing back the June 21 reopening.

The poll found 53 per cent said restrictions should remain beyond June 21, with 34 per cent saying they should end.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
He noted that the Delta variant was thought to be 50 to 70 per cent more transmissible, had a 2.7 times higher likelihood of hospitalisation, and showed evidence of "vaccine escape".

"If you have had one dose of the vaccine, you are only 34 per cent protected," Dr Costello said.

"If you've had two doses, you're only about two-thirds protected. That means there are millions and millions of people who could be infected by this virus. Now, many of them will be younger, and death rates should be much, much lower. But many people could end up in hospital, the NHS could be thrown into another surge – we just don't know."
In addition to the higher transmissibility, there are anecdotal reports from India that the Delta variant is more severe in children than the so-called Alpha strain.

And doctors treating patients in India have reported disturbing new symptoms, including gangrene and hearing loss.
Who wants to bet on an NRL in NZ next season?

• Sad
Reactions: wizards rage

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
I wish i had a vaccine for these stupid Vaccine ads 🤣
VFG26UGKHOEHEGSGJBB3Y36KK4.jpg

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

Covid 19 coronavirus: Why the Delta variant is terrifying experts​

It spreads more easily, it's more severe, and it's more resistant to vaccines.

More than a year-and-a-half since Covid-19 emerged in China – sparking a global pandemic that has crippled economies, killed millions and forced international borders closed – there are growing fears that the Indian strain of the virus could derail long-awaited re-openings and plunge the world back into crisis.

The so-called Delta variant, which was first detected in India last October, has now spread to at least 62 countries and is behind a growing number of outbreaks across Asia and Africa, the World Health Organisation said this week.

In the UK, the Delta variant – given the new name by the WHO to simplify its scientific name, B.1.617.2, and to avoid stigmatising countries that detect new strains – now accounts for 90 per cent of new cases, which have begun to surge again despite a successful vaccination campaign.
On Friday, Britain recorded 8125 new cases nationwide, the highest daily number in four months and a 58 per cent weekly increase, with 158 people hospitalised.

The disturbing figures are forcing the UK Government to consider delaying the final easing of restrictions on June 21 by either two or four weeks, The Times reported.
The goal is to give people more time to get their second shot. Around 75 per cent of the UK has been vaccinated, but only 40 per cent have had two doses.

Figures published this week showed the two-thirds of the 383 hospitalisations from the Delta variant were people who had not been vaccinated, while there had been 42 hospitalisations and 12 deaths in people who had received both doses of the vaccine.

"This is about giving people certainty," a Government source told The Times. "The worst-case scenario is that we ease restrictions and then have to implement them again. This has to be a one-way ticket."British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to wait until Sunday to look at the figures and make a final decision to be announced, according to the paper, but a delay is widely expected.
Anthony Costello, a British paediatrician and member of the Independent SAGE advisory group, told the BBC earlier this month that June 21 was too early to ease restrictions.

A YouGov poll published by The Times on Saturday found the majority of British voters supported pushing back the June 21 reopening.

The poll found 53 per cent said restrictions should remain beyond June 21, with 34 per cent saying they should end.
It is nasty.

Bit sensational though....experts terrified of new strain....

Seventy five percent coverage with at least one jab is good going. I suspect they will delay opening up to give that seventy five percent a few extra weeks to build up immunity.

The only thing I really fear now with Covid is this trend towards more infectious and more deadly.

The more infectious part is just evolution in action. The more deadly part is the worrying trend.

This is why people who are refusing the vaccine are asking for it.

Who likes the sound of what future strains will be like when the borders open given these trends?

Reactions: bruce

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I wish i had a vaccine for these stupid Vaccine ads 🤣
View attachment 44410
Been mentioned before that the adds suck.

In a way though, they are effective.

No one takes them very seriously, which is probably a good thing in this current climate of people wanting to blame Govts and Bill Gates....

Given the conspiracy theorist nut bars.....having a slick and professional Power advertisement would probably feed into a looneys paranoia about control.

This on the other hand is harmless and not preachy.

Years gone by RIchard Long and Judy the Mother of the Nation would tell us to get Vaccinated followed up with a sing along that has cameos of Michael Jones, John Kirwan....some rowers....you know the sort of thing....no leaguies in sight....

Melbourne Storm Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Rate Match

Last Game

13 Jun

4.3 Total Avg Rating
5.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 6 ratings