Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
I see since the bubble has opened, some people in Oz are taking advantage of the fact you don't need a permit to leave for NZ.

They fly here and then straight onto the sub continent, Covid central, then fly back direct to Oz.

SloMo will have to do something very soon to close that loophole

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Guess it is about supply and delivery. Rest of NZ citizens are also waiting not just Jaffas
I know you and Bruce are talking about where people are located, but I think that the MOH needs to review part of it‘s rollout plan.

Health outcomes are lower for Maori and Polynesian peoples in NZ, especially for those with respiratory illnesses, diabetes and obesity. I think we should lower the age thresholds compared to other New Zealanders. So, if the limit is for those over 65, we should lower the age to over 55’s for Maori and Polynesians.

Reactions: bruce and Sup42

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
I know you and Bruce are talking about where people are located, but I think that the MOH needs to review part of it‘s rollout plan.

Health outcomes are lower for Maori and Polynesian peoples in NZ, especially for those with respiratory illnesses, diabetes and obesity. I think we should lower the age thresholds compared to other New Zealanders. So, if the limit is for those over 65, we should lower the age to over 55’s for Maori and Polynesians.
This is where I think the MoH got it wrong with the roll out by having separate facilities for the vax.

No one knows the health status of the country's people better than the local doctors and clinics. The training is already half done with experienced doctors and nursing staff in the clinics. The rest is just logistics

If the vax lasts a week or so in ordinary freezers, just store it in a super freezer for each area, say Palmerston North for us in Central Districts and feed it out as per the flu shots.

Not sure why we have to keep re-inventing the wheel when major parts of the infrastructure are already sitting there including the registration and recording.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
This is where I think the MoH got it wrong with the roll out by having separate facilities for the vax.

No one knows the health status of the country's people better than the local doctors and clinics. The training is already half done with experienced doctors and nursing staff in the clinics. The rest is just logistics

If the vax lasts a week or so in ordinary freezers, just store it in a super freezer for each area, say Palmerston North for us in Central Districts and feed it out as per the flu shots.

Not sure why we have to keep re-inventing the wheel when major parts of the infrastructure are already sitting there including the registration and recording.
The best models seem to be using both the GPs model and stand alone centres.

One of the things that will be looked at over time, is that the next pandemic is coming, probably soon, theoretically these are happening in four year cycles,

The extra infrastructure may have to remain. You are right though, GPs are screaming out for product we are told.....

We need this new Web based platform for tracking patients up and running in GPs offices hospitals etc.

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
Travel-funny-meme-covid19-pandemic-joke-humor-1.jpg

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
‘It found more than 13 failures for every 1000 positive cases going through a facility in New Zealand versus 3.5 failures per 1000 in Australia - almost a four-fold difference in risk.

The report said one reason for New Zealand's significantly higher failure risk is it had a "lower-quality approach".’ ☹️

Does anyone still believe our Covid response has been well managed?

Reactions: bruce

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
‘It found more than 13 failures for every 1000 positive cases going through a facility in New Zealand versus 3.5 failures per 1000 in Australia - almost a four-fold difference in risk.

The report said one reason for New Zealand's significantly higher failure risk is it had a "lower-quality approach".’ ☹️

I done a delivery to an unnamed isolation facility in Auckland (was a hotel/inn) was gated up great with police and army personnel there along with a security guard who made sure I scanned in. Asked him should I mask up and he goes "na don't worry about it just keep your windows up as this has travelers from high risk countries". I don't know what he was thinking cause i still had to get out of my vehicle to complete my delivery 🤦‍♂️. I put my mask on anyway and noticed the storeman wasn't wearing a mask either. Granted he's probably on the other side of the visitors but it's still only a small place. Police and army personnel were all wearing masks properly compared to the security guards who had it under their noses.
They need to audit these places often and it could easily be done. Hand the job to the army personnel or police that are already stationed their and I'm sure they'd be happy to do it, cause i know I'd hate to sit down/stand around for 8 hours doing nothing for my work day.

Some of the industrial sites i visited during level 4 were much stricter and better run then these isolation facilities.
Pisses me off cause these hotel/motel companies are making a killing during a pandemic

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
What a cringy Covid advert in NZ
Haka's and fat chicks dancing lol

What vaccine is NZ getting?
Hopefully not "Astra Zenaca " as it can cause blood clots.

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015

The gay guys look happy, then again most young guys look gay to us old buggers. 🤣

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga

As I understand only Pfizer in NZ.Actually got a text from DOH yesterday giving me a phone number to book a vaccination .Will get done next week

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

Yeah wot John said, Pfizer.

This is what you get when you leave promotion to a bunch of creatives from Saatchi and Saatchi or similar outfits.

Partied with that crowd in the early 2000s....most boring freaks I've met. Then again I was working with the criminally insane for a day job in maxi so my idea of interesting might have been three steps ahead of their idea of weird and faux madness.

The ole what do you do question either saw people try to get away from you as fast as they could, or show an unhealthy interest....

Manly Sea Eagles Rate Match

Last Game

09 May

4.5 Total Avg Rating
4.5 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings