Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Regarding the India variant. If you click on the first tweet, it shows the whole thread.

I have seen a couple of his videos on youtube.

He makes the point about Tcells well.

I love any scientist who says 'you don't know what you are talking about' I really enjoy a clear and decisive scientific voice.

So that confirms what we have been saying about the Vaccines, they work they are one hundred percent effective at stopping you from getting serious disease and therefore you are safe once you have one after the appropriate amount of time has passed, no matter what variant you catch....its the Antivaxxers that need worry.

Reactions: bruce and Rizzah

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I should explain in my semi Lay persons understanding of this Tcell situation why that is so important.

Tcells are these general soldiers in your army that are associated with a memory response by the immune system, they are part of our regular immune system.

The Vaccines are designed specifically to generate antibodies to the various mechanisms in these Vaccines (Pfizer it is the synthetic copy of the spike protein).

That's why this virologists says people are being idiots worrying about the antibodies being thwarted by the mutants.

Because it turns out all the vaccines trigger the Tcells, the regular soldiers and they kill Covid whatever it looks like.....it just means that you might catch a mild dose of Covid in the process.

But this is why no one....is being admitted to hospital for Covid post Vaccine.

Last edited:

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Might be a bit of an over reaction but Aussie wouldn’t sabotage our good covid system would they? I know they’re none too happy with us at the moment.
Possibly, but then we shut down Auckland for a couple of cases not so long ago.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Reactions: Rick O'Shay

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
McGowan seems to have a rep for pulling the trigger quickly compared to other states.

Not much of a change I guess. WA been isolated for years
I agree with their stance.

They are mineral rich, there is no threat of them going broke, geo distanced.

And they have had the threat of NSW and Vic fucking up all year till they adopted the NZ model and stopped diily dallying.

So WA have had a lot of success while nervously watching the people who did die in those other states that did not need to had they been stricter sooner.

Instead they had long lingering outbreaks that slowly eventually were contained.

NSW an d VIc are brilliant now.

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
Anyone got any ideas on how we get the NZ citizens out of India safely?

I have been trying to think that one through, not that worrying about it is going to do any good.

The horrific humanitarian crisis unfolding there worsens by the day.

As it stands, if Kiwis need hospital they will just likely die.

That cannot be left to stand, we have to find a way to get them out.

Even if NZ sets up a Quarantine in India so that travellers can be quarantined for 14 days then returned home safely.

India who are not even testing properly just set the world record for daily cases.

Millions will die.

We would need to hire a suitable hotel, staff it exclusively with NZDF and fly out on Military transport.

Germany has done this for a number of countries, especially Italy to aid in the humanitatian crises.....but these are our actual citizens with our rights....
Honestly as a NZ citizen of Indian decent you'd be ani idiot to travel there while there's a pandemic going on. I had urgent family business and had to decide against it earlier on this year. And don't think I'm being a plastic Indian. I'm stressed out az fuk with all my family over in India.

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
And i was correct earlier in saying it falls on the employer or organisation. This worker has come out and said their employer never really enforced it.

Reactions: Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Stunning results from the new Moderna MRNA Vaccine vs HIV in their stage one trials.

These are invitro trials, so in a lab testing antibody response to HIV rather than real world trials.

However that result is a game changer.

HIV has proved almost impossible to beat because of its ability to rappidly mutate in the same patient. So you end up with multiple strains of HIV in one patient as it alters itself to avoid being taken down.

I never thought mankind would find a way to take it on in my life time, however when Covid came along, all of a sudden we invented a whole new way to fight diseases.

Cancer will be next. MRNA tech will be used against Cancers, we live in remarkable times, they could end up curing most forms of Cancer I believe for the first time that it might actually be possible.

Last edited:

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Stunning results from the new Moderna MRNA Vaccine vs HIV in their stage one trials.

These are invitro trials, so in a lab testing antibody response to HIV rather than real world trials.

However that result is a game changer.

HIV has proved almost impossible to beat because of its ability to rappidly mutate in the same patient. So you end up with multiple strains of HIV in one patient as it alters itself to avoid being taken down.

I never thought mankind would find a way to take it on in my life time, however when Covid came along, all of a sudden we invented a whole new way to fight diseases.

Cancer will be next. MRNA tech will be used against Cancers, we live in remarkable times, they could end up curing most forms of Cancer I believe for the first time that it might actually be possible.
Wow incredible! Are there any links to research further?

Amazing whet we are capable of when we get motivated

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Manly Sea Eagles Rate Match

Last Game

09 May

4.5 Total Avg Rating
4.5 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player