Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
FFS - a MIQ worker has Covid and wasn’t vaccinated.

They have a simple job of securing the border and this happens??? I thought they were all vaccinated by now.

And the worst thing is, they don’t know why he wasn’t vaccinated 😞
Question of the day, wtf
And he didn't think to say "What about me!!'

Some responsibility on the individual I would have thought.
Come on guys. You’re not being kind, it’s a tricky virus and the answer is to complex for the government to share.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Fault lies with the Security firm.

The Employer has a responsibility under the new Covid health and safety rules to roster the worker who is not vaccinated elsewhere.

MIQ being asked to track the vaccine status of workers is the inefficient way to do this, the employers are supposed to monitor that. He is not an employee of the facility so.....they don't even have jurisdiction.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland

The Employer has a responsibility under the new Covid health and safety rules to roster the worker who is not vaccinated elsewhere.

We will have to come up with a proof of Vaccine system.

MIQ being asked to track the vaccine status of workers is the inefficient way to do this, the employers are supposed to monitor that. He is not an employee of the facility so.....they don't even have jurisdiction.
is he being regularly tested as an MIQ worker? Whose jurisdiction is that?

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
FFS - a MIQ worker has Covid and wasn’t vaccinated.

They have a simple job of securing the border and this happens??? I thought they were all vaccinated by now.

And the worst thing is, they don’t know why he wasn’t vaccinated 😞
honestly, is any of this a surprise to you?

Maybe Jacinda will get some more use out of the bus she used on the KFC worker?

Reactions: wizards rage

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
is he being regularly tested as an MIQ worker? Whose jurisdiction is that?
The MOH.

What is your point?

There are specific new employment regulations placing Covid vaccination status under health and safety to be administered by employers....oh I already said that....already.

The MOH cannot mandate vaccines nor tell people where they are allowed to work due to vaccine status, therefore it is a logical system under the employers health and safety banner.

To protect the job security and the workers right to refuse.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
The MOH.

What is your point?

There are specific new employment regulations placing Covid vaccination status under health and safety to be administered by employers....oh I already said that....already.
so the MOH can test them. They run the places. But have no system in place to ensure the workers that they are contracting are vaccinated? At our border? The most vulnerable part for us?

Don't tell me there is no accountability or responsibility on the MOH or the Government here. That is a joke.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
so the MOH can test them. They run the places. But have no system in place to ensure the workers that they are contracting are vaccinated? At our border? The most vulnerable part for us?

Don't tell me there is no accountability or responsibility on the MOH or the Government here. That is a joke.
There are laws for the third time which make this legally a health and safety issue not an MOH role.

Because five million people cannot realistically be micro managed by this thing you are trying to lump on the wrong sector.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
There are laws for the third time which make this legally a health and safety issue not an MOH role.

Because five million people cannot realistically be micro managed by this thing you are trying to lump on the wrong sector.
no, I'm not lumping 5 million people into this.

It is very simple. They are in charge of our borders. They are in charge of who they employ. They have a responsibility here and its a big one.

Health and Safety legislation still falls on the facilities they are running.

To simply dismiss this as 'oh well, its the security firms fault' is as much of a joke as not testing the cleaning lady in January.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga

You can’t contract out health and safety. If a contractor came onto my site and did anything wrong - it’s on me as the head contractor.

If I owned a factory or had a building site and a contractors employee didn’t use PPE and had an injury I get done.

The Ministry is the head contractor and under H & S law - they have overall responsibility for EVERYTHING in their site.

And you can’t opt out of H & S - e.g. you don’t want to wear earmuffs you don’t work.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
And he didn't think to say "What about me!!'

Some responsibility on the individual I would have thought.
Agree, but that’s not how H&S legislation works.

White Island volcano erupted and everyone gets charged. Including government agencies that weren’t even there, highlighting that even those not directly responsible are covered when shit goes down.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
You can’t contract out health and safety. If a contractor came onto my site and did anything wrong - it’s on me as the head contractor.

If I owned a factory or had a building site and a contractors employee didn’t use PPE and had an injury I get done.

The Ministry is the head contractor and under H & S law - they have overall responsibility for EVERYTHING in their site.

And you can’t opt out of H & S - e.g. you don’t want to wear earmuffs you don’t work.
I did listen to the head honcho from Health and safety before posting. These rules are new. Specific to Covid.

• Sad

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I did listen to the head honcho from Health and safety before posting. These rules are new. Specific to Covid.
So the government brings in excessive H &S legislation that everyone else has to adhere to but when it’s the government, the rules don’t apply 🙄

I would have thought a couple of billion cost and potentially a few deaths from an outbreak is MORE important than someone getting a sprained wrist after falling over a extension lead left lying on the floor...

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
So the government brings in excessive H &S legislation that everyone else has to adhere to but when it’s the government, the rules don’t apply 🙄

I would have thought a couple of billion cost and potentially a few deaths from an outbreak is MORE important than someone getting a sprained wrist after falling over a extension lead left lying on the floor...
I would have thought after 3 deaths that the CEO of POAL could have fronted up to the Media today 🤔. But NO

JP_576

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
1 good thing is they're stopping flights from India from the 11th for a few weeks. I've been wondering why they didn't heavily restrict it for the last month or so when i was seeing multiple cases daily in miq all from flights coming from there. Don't know why it had to take a border worker to get infected before they implemented it.
Once the cases started getting out of control again over there they should've only let special circumstances back with some kind of approval system and that's including the NZ citizens. Off course a few people would've been able to game the system but it would've severely limited the people coming over unnecessarily.
Should be the same for any hot spots. You decide to leave NZ during a pandemic you go at your own risk.

Also on a side note is there any chance the miq worker refused a vaccine? Would he still be allowed to work at border facilities according to guidelines? I don't think i saw anything mentioning the rules about that

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Also on a side note is there any chance the miq worker refused a vaccine? Would he still be allowed to work at border facilities according to guidelines? I don't think i saw anything mentioning the rules about that
anything is possible.

He should have been asked to provide access to his vaccination details. He can refuse to do this, but if he does he should be treated as if he has not been vaccinated. And given the seriousness of maintaining our borders and the risk involved, shouldn't be allowed to work there.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
anything is possible.

He should have been asked to provide access to his vaccination details. He can refuse to do this, but if he does he should be treated as if he has not been vaccinated. And given the seriousness of maintaining our borders and the risk involved, shouldn't be allowed to work there.
Wife runs a childcare centre. EVERYONE who works or volunteers there has to have a police vet done. The centre can lose its license if you can’t provide the results for everyone - it does get checked regularly.

Nobody works in if the checks are not done - nobody can opt out.

Reactions: Inruin

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
anything is possible.

According to Bloomfield the guy was ok with having the vaccine, they are blaming his lack of getting a jab on logistics.

Which is really the heart of the matter, that as an excuse this late in the play is unacceptable.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
anything is possible.

Agreed, and this is how it is treated ideally by the health and safety act.

No disclosure no working at the coal face.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Wife runs a childcare centre. EVERYONE who works or volunteers there has to have a police vet done. The centre can lose its license if you can’t provide the results for everyone - it does get checked regularly.

Nobody works in if the checks are not done - nobody can opt out.
From a legislative pov Children require special protections.

Personally I would prefer to surrender my civil rights over Covid. I would vote for mandatory vaccines, I would vote for the rights of employers to dismiss Antivaxers and I would support Covid passports.

However we are ruled by a Govt who prefers to use all means to avoid that level of state control.

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney Rate Match

Last Game

18 Apr

20 - 14
7.2 Total Avg Rating
7.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 4.9
    Peta Hiku

Compiled from 19 ratings