john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Apparently this family were difficult to get hold of. They would not return the calls from MOH according to Bloomfield. imo if anyone is deliberately trying to hide information or not follow instructions they should be held accountable. Cut this "Be Kind" b/s. It's a cop out
Not a cop out at all.They are trying to make people feel more comfortable about coming forward with info &/0r saying where they been ,who they been in contact with.Very important that they disclose this info to the relevant groups

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
Not a cop out at all.They are trying to make people feel more comfortable about coming forward with info &/0r saying where they been ,who they been in contact with.Very important that they disclose this info to the relevant groups
There will always be people who will do what they want and have no interest in kind and comfortable nor the needs of the team of 5m.

Look at the drama of the index case that started this latest outbreak where they hadn't been scanning at all and it took nearly 24 hours to establish their preliminary movements. Go and stand next to the QR code poster at your local supermarket for a reality check.

The sooner we make scanning QR codes mandatory and have a a fine system similar to DUI, the better.

After all, the outcome of being dishonest about your movements or not complying could possibly be the death of some innocent bystander.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
I see your post is somewhat tongue in cheek, you really are a typical kiwi.

I knew about shedding, it is the day to day term for spreading/shedding viral particles. Breathing causes shedding, so it is a bit of a bastard like that. We recently see hints that farts might spread Covid....faecal fumes. Killer farts, who knew?

Covid has brought the term shedding to centre stage because of the A symptomatic thing, and the laying inactivated Covid babies everywhere long after you are no longer infectious....Covid aye...

A little tongue in cheek but was genuinely interested in shedding. I had never heard the term other than re skin or hair.

The idea of killer farts while left field is I guess, scientifically possible. How do we combat this to the nth degree? Will the vax and herd immunity get us across the line?

As you say, who knew?

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013

There do need to be consequences though. Obstruction would be an appropriate charge. Making the role of the Health staff harder by non compliance.

One question, has covid been declared a notifiable disease?

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
There will always be people who will do what they want and have no interest in kind and comfortable nor the needs of the team of 5m.

Look at the drama of the index case that started this latest outbreak where they hadn't been scanning at all and it took nearly 24 hours to establish their preliminary movements. Go and stand next to the QR code poster at your local supermarket for a reality check.

The sooner we make scanning QR codes mandatory and have a a fine system similar to DUI, the better.

After all, the outcome of being dishonest about your movements or not complying could possibly be the death of some innocent bystander.
Understand & agree with what you are saying but still doesnt mean trying to make people feel comfortable about devulging important info is a cop out

Reactions: Sup42

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Looks like anti-mask Karen made international news as intended
ok, I'm still confused as to what she actually wanted in the first place?

Did she just want to know that the test was safe to do? Given we and other countries have done how many thousands or millions of tests with no (correct me if I'm wrong) side effects other than a bit of watery eye syndrome shouldn't that be easy enough to give her?

I get we cant refuse NZ citizens entry but anyone else should have to under go testing as part of entry conditions. Including people like this lady who was transporting foster children. No agreement, no flight.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
There do need to be consequences though. Obstruction would be an appropriate charge. Making the role of the Health staff harder by non compliance.

One question, has covid been declared a notifiable disease?
Novel Corona Virus has been added to schedule B of the Notifiable diseases act, which means it is a notifiable disease to an officer of health. Schedule A is to do with notifying an officer of health and a local public body (like a city council).

The Act was amended 2020 for the addition of Covid 19.

A Medical officer of health in this context is primarily someone who has been appointed by statute, by the the director general of health.

These are the people at the DHBs that Bloomfield references during his briefings when fielding questions from the media about specific regions of the country, and they primarily are part of the public health units.

While not stated explicitly in the Govt Literature, it is extremely likely Covid falls under the old health act, which you are probably aware of given your question, which gives health authorities unique powers to enforce public health measures by legal compulsion.

In other words, it is the most obvious explanation if you were a betting man as to how they can detain a woman against her will without charge or trial for twenty eight days.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

Did she just want to know that the test was safe to do? Given we and other countries have done how many thousands or millions of tests with no (correct me if I'm wrong) side effects other than a bit of watery eye syndrome shouldn't that be easy enough to give her?

I get we cant refuse NZ citizens entry but anyone else should have to under go testing as part of entry conditions. Including people like this lady who was transporting foster children. No agreement, no flight.
This case interests me in as much that it reminds me a lot of people I saw in mental health. Some will find, as this woman has, a fringe or unimportant technicality, for refusing treatment (Like a man who said he agreed he was unwell but would not take the meds unless he spoke to a scientist from Jansen).

I am almost certain that this woman would have been provided information. First of all, it is a royal pain in the arse for the attending nurse, who would have either given the idiots guide to testing (you know the pamphlets that say Kia ora Talofa Bula Niho ma 'this is your testing guide, the test is safe, there may be a little discomfort, no lasting side effects).

At which point this woman would have asked for company data....data that barely exists in the public domain.

If possible I would have found that data and given it to her as is.

I am certain given that she was holding up the works, that the Doctor attached to the facility would have tried talking to her.

Doctors are not always like Nurses, so they are not hard wired to suffer fools, so there is no predicting how that exchange went.

I am guessing that no matter what they tried, what that woman really wanted, was a counter study to her Portugal legal court ruling that the majority of tests are inaccurate.

I read those arguments and commented on them in this thread ages ago.

In essence the idiot high court in Portugal ruled in favour of the conspiracy theory about testing.

They did this purely using an interpretation of legal ease rather than the science. It was a ridiculous ruling on a technicality....it was like they wanted testing to prove a negative.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
This case interests me in as much that it reminds me a lot of people I saw in mental health. Some will find, as this woman has, a fringe or unimportant technicality, for refusing treatment (Like a man who said he agreed he was unwell but would not take the meds unless he spoke to a scientist from Jansen).

I am almost certain that this woman would have been provided information. First of all, it is a royal pain in the arse for the attending nurse, who would have either given the idiots guide to testing (you know the pamphlets that say Kia ora Talofa Bula Niho ma 'this is your testing guide, the test is safe, there may be a little discomfort, no lasting side effects).

At which point this woman would have asked for company data....data that barely exists in the public domain.

If possible I would have found that data and given it to her as is.

I am certain given that she was holding up the works, that the Doctor attached to the facility would have tried talking to her.

Doctors are not always like Nurses, so they are not hard wired to suffer fools, so there is no predicting how that exchange went.

I am guessing that no matter what they tried, what that woman really wanted, was a counter study to her Portugal legal court ruling that the majority of tests are inaccurate.

I read those arguments and commented on them in this thread ages ago.

In essence the idiot high court in Portugal ruled in favour of the conspiracy theory about testing.

They did this purely using an interpretation of legal ease rather than the science. It was a ridiculous ruling on a technicality....it was like they wanted testing to prove a negative.
So what is stopping us making it a condition of entry to the country?

What I would love to see happen now is that if she wants to bring a legal case against our Government we should be informing her that she will need to lodge that in person at our High Court, but first she must go through MIQ and be swabbed. :D

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
So what is stopping us making it a condition of entry to the country?

What I would love to see happen now is that if she wants to bring a legal case against our Government we should be informing her that she will need to lodge that in person at our High Court, but first she must go through MIQ and be swabbed. :D
Unfortunately, enforcing a medical procedure on someone who is well, is fraught with moral legal and ethical dilemma.
Also in this idiot generation, it is a public relations sensitive scenario.

The Govt are being very careful to avoid compulsion in the age of the Antivaxxer. And so they should, there are people on the cusp of tipping over to the fringe, people they can win over to behave during lock downs.

Good will is a big deal in the time of covidiots.

Yes we could make people sign an agreement before flying. Human rights and other bodies call this coercion....because....well it is coercion.

Then someone gets here and 'changes' their mind, and you are back at square one.

Speaking of coercion, this woman will argue she was being coerced to comply by virtue of prolonged enforced detention.

I know all this sounds wanky, but I used to live in this world of constant legal and ethical battles of every little thing, it is an industry for lawyers, however human rights is clearly coming from a good place.

Personally I would support putting someone straight back on a plane and booting them.

I would be happy to pay tax to see that happen....

Last edited:

JP_576

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
Heard on the radio another 76000 doses of the pfizer vaccine arrived yesterday. I'm assuming that's 38000 complete courses?
Any updates on how many vaccines have been adminstered?

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Heard on the radio another 76000 doses of the pfizer vaccine arrived yesterday. I'm assuming that's 38000 complete courses?
Any updates on how many vaccines have been adminstered?
VACCINE ROLLOUT

More than 1000 border workers have received the first dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

And Bloomfield will be vaccinated publicly "soon".

But he didn't want to be seen to be "jumping the gun" as he's not specifically a high-risk worker.

He said getting vaccinated would be seen as him having confidence in the vaccine.

Hipkins also said that after the at-risk workforce has been vaccinated, a discussion will be had as to when MPs and other elected leaders across the country get the jab.

"We're working through that ... the public is looking for leadership from us."

A second batch of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines arrived safely yesterday at Auckland International Airport.

"This shipment contained about 76,000 doses, and follows our first shipment of 60,000 doses that arrived last week. We expect further shipments of vaccine over the coming weeks," Hipkins said.

"As with the first shipment, quality assurance and checks by Medsafe are underway.

"By the end of March, we're due to receive a total of about 450,000 doses – enough to vaccinate 225,000 people with a two-dose course."

Reactions: Sup42 and JP_576

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I’ve heard she was heading straight back to Australia
My understanding (could be wrong) was she thought she was dropping the kids off at the airport and would leave again without entering NZ.

They didn’t allow it and put her into quarantine which she didn’t think she would be doing and she’s been pissed off and stubborn ever since.

Not sure if this is all true or just part of ’the story’ but I can understand both sides of true.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland

My understanding (could be wrong) was she thought she was dropping the kids off at the airport and would leave again without entering NZ.

They didn’t allow it and put her into quarantine which she didn’t think she would be doing and she’s been pissed off and stubborn ever since.

Not sure if this is all true or just part of ’the story’ but I can understand both sides of true.
surely if you are accompanying foster kids you know you will have to clear customs?

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga

I read on the internet that she was involved in covid lockdown protests in Australia. Blaming police brutality

Reactions: JP_576

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012

I’ve heard that as well that she thought she was “only dropping them at the airport” but I thought everyone arriving at the border needed to have a place booked in a MIQ facility before they left from overseas and the airlines can‘t book people without one.

The only exception, I thought, was for people transiting from one country too another though NZ. I wouldn’t think returning to your original country was transiting.

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings