Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
They must need a decent outbreak to get positive tests from waste water you would think? Huge volume of material.
They take a portion of the waste water before it’s treated every 15 minutes and that is tested. For your reading pleasure:

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
They take a portion of the waste water before it’s treated every 15 minutes and that is tested. For your reading pleasure:

Thanks Mike!

That was really interesting. I liked the way they run control tests using Cat Covid and Mouse Virus.

So ten cases in a population of one hundred thousand it will pick up.

Greevus mentioned the issue with false positives and prolonged shedding of Virus, you can read about that clearly explained in your poo ESR report there thanks.

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ

Thanks Mike!

That was really interesting. I liked the way they run control tests using Cat Covid and Mouse Virus.

So ten cases in a population of one hundred thousand it will pick up.

Greevus mentioned the issue with false positives and prolonged shedding of Virus, you can read about that clearly explained in your poo ESR report there thanks.

I hope you read it while on the shitter.... the circle of life. 💩

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
What is interesting is how the virus sheds.

I never realised it has built in lifejackets to make sure it survives anything the host can throw at it. Always thought of it as cough, sneeze, touch etc.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
I hope you read it while on the shitter.... the circle of life.
Its where a lot of lifes great ideas have been made so don't knock it.

Read an Ozzy Osbourne autobiography and he was happy he found a band name for the band that would eventually be Black Sabbath. Said he thought of it in his special thinking place. The other guys weren't interested in the name more stunned that his thinking place was in the toilet.

The radio had the guests coming up on the show. One of the guests was the lady in isolation that refused a test. Not sure if any reason really justifies giving her publicity.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Hipkins has gone full Polie since taking over the Covid role.

Lately he has been talking some real shit.

"No the student was fairly low symptomatic"....

Wtf does that mean?

Especially when you are being asked about their risk of spreading the virus....low symptomatic....piss off Chris.

You cannot spin Covid and expect good faith.

Last edited:

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
What is interesting is how the virus sheds.

I never realised it has built in lifejackets to make sure it survives anything the host can throw at it. Always thought of it as cough, sneeze, touch etc.
I see your post is somewhat tongue in cheek, you really are a typical kiwi.

I knew about shedding, it is the day to day term for spreading/shedding viral particles. Breathing causes shedding, so it is a bit of a bastard like that. We recently see hints that farts might spread Covid....faecal fumes. Killer farts, who knew?

Covid has brought the term shedding to centre stage because of the A symptomatic thing, and the laying inactivated Covid babies everywhere long after you are no longer infectious....Covid aye...

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Hipkins has gone full Polie since taking over the Covid role.

Lately he has been talking some real shit.

"No the student was fairly low symptomatic"....

Wtf does that mean?

Especially when you are being asked about their risk of spreading the virus....low symptomatic....piss off Chris, just stop mate. Talk straight, don't waste my time with made up medical terminology....grrrr frustrating.

You cannot spin Covid and expect good faith.
My english teacher in 6th form had a great example of this during our linguistics classes. Had a 3 colums of words and ranomly got a word from each and went on a 5 minutes rant. Sounded like a real buearacratic character of the elective discussing the rudementary effects of the political spectrum influenced by the environment disturbences.

One good thing about Hipkins is he just comes out and says X amount of cases today. It would be good having him announcing the level changes instead of discussing the Auckland weather and how great it was to see people isolating etc. A medical professor on the radio said last week with everyone agitated waiting on their fate it would be better to treat it like medical results. If you have bad news announce it and then spend the next few minutes explaining it or going over options.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
She is a fellow student from Papatoetoe High School who was self isolating while waiting for results. All students, teachers and family members are to be re-tested.

My english teacher in 6th form had a great example of this during our linguistics classes. Had a 3 colums of words and ranomly got a word from each and went on a 5 minutes rant. Sounded like a real buearacratic character of the elective discussing the rudementary effects of the political spectrum influenced by the environment disturbences.

One good thing about Hipkins is he just comes out and says X amount of cases today. It would be good having him announcing the level changes instead of discussing the Auckland weather and how great it was to see people isolating etc. A medical professor on the radio said last week with everyone agitated waiting on their fate it would be better to treat it like medical results. If you have bad news announce it and then spend the next few minutes explaining it or going over options.
And please tell me the alternative. Bishop. FFS ;)

• Haha
Reactions: snake77

enterthewarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 9, 2013
2 new community cases today related to the orginal Papatoetoe school case. One of them worked at Kmart Botany in east Auckland. I go to botany quite often but not Kmart. But my point is if there are more cases then expect another lockdown. Man very frustrating this fucking virus.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
2 new community cases today related to the orginal Papatoetoe school case. One of them worked at Kmart Botany in east Auckland. I go to botany quite often but not Kmart. But my point is if there are more cases then expect another lockdown. Man very frustrating this fucking virus.
I see they went to work after being told to self isolate.

There is always some who know better.

Here we go....

This strain is spreading easily as promised.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
So three new cases today.

As one of them worked at kmart they are asking anyone who visited there at the same time to self isolate at home. Would that then have to include any of their family members as well?

Reactions: JP_576

JP_576

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
So three new cases today.

As one of them worked at kmart they are asking anyone who visited there at the same time to self isolate at home. Would that then have to include any of their family members as well?
Would be interested to find this out also. My uncle and cousin visited kmart on the Saturday evening and were in and out within 5 minutes. Haven't had major contact with them myself but have met them briefly over the weekend.

Reactions: Sup42

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I have been thinking about this a bit.

I will certainly be asking what Vaccine I am recieving, I am sure they will tell you anyway because they will get asked a thousand times a day, and they should tell you anyway, informed consent, good practice, although, they do not bother with the Influenza jab, because there are not half a dozen quite different candidates around, they might mention a brand name like Tammiflu.

Most of us will require a booster down the track, due to the mutants and the Antivaxxers.

Any vaccine is better than getting none. While some do not prevent Covid, most prevent severe illness and hospitalization, almost all prevent death almost all of the time.

Aussie have gone large on making their own Oxford Astrazeneca jab, it struggles a little with the new variants, but overall is far superior to having no immunity.

I suspect when the Gen II Vaccines are available, that NZ will be more discerning in what they buy as a booster.

At the moment it is far safer just to get lots of vaccine out there period.
Was at the GP the other day and asked about the vaccine, Dr told me they don’t get a choice and it’s pretty much people will get whatever is available at the time.
Being in Aus I’d assume itll likely be the oxford one being produced in Melbourne- Full vaccination by October is the goal

Reactions: Sup42

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland

JP_576

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep