Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
IMG_20210222_223822.jpg

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Chris Hipkins on the radio this morning going over the vaccines.

Next Pfizer shipment arrving shortly. Smaller batches arriving in the next couple of weeks. Vaccine campaign based on Pfizer until at least mid March.

Other vaccines going through the approval process. Expected mid March

Public won't get a choice of vaccine, determined on logistics. Listing here as it was asked and due to the amount of interest in covid and vaccines people will probably want to know which one they got.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Public won't get a choice of vaccine, determined on logistics. Listing here as it was asked and due to the amount of interest in covid and vaccines people will probably want to know which one they got.

I have been thinking about this a bit.

I will certainly be asking what Vaccine I am recieving, I am sure they will tell you anyway because they will get asked a thousand times a day, and they should tell you anyway, informed consent, good practice, although, they do not bother with the Influenza jab, because there are not half a dozen quite different candidates around, they might mention a brand name like Tammiflu.

Most of us will require a booster down the track, due to the mutants and the Antivaxxers.

Any vaccine is better than getting none. While some do not prevent Covid, most prevent severe illness and hospitalization, almost all prevent death almost all of the time.

Aussie have gone large on making their own Oxford Astrazeneca jab, it struggles a little with the new variants, but overall is far superior to having no immunity.

I suspect when the Gen II Vaccines are available, that NZ will be more discerning in what they buy as a booster.

At the moment it is far safer just to get lots of vaccine out there period.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
New Auckland case in the community... not a close contact to the Papatoetoe cluster but believed to be associated with it.

i‘m guessing we may be back to level three if there’s any more.
Little bastard won't die aye...

Thanks Mike, I saw on RNZ National that they have been self isolating anyway as a casual plus contact until their test results came through.

So long as they did that....we should be fine.

I presume the fact that they went and got a test as asked, that they are a household that is staying home, here's hoping.

Reactions: dean and Inruin

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Little bastard won't die aye...

Thanks Mike, I saw on RNZ National that they have been self isolating anyway as a casual plus contact until their test results came through.

So long as they did that....we should be fine.

I presume the fact that they went and got a test as asked, that they are a household that is staying home, here's hoping.
She is a fellow student from Papatoetoe High School who was self isolating while waiting for results. All students, teachers and family members are to be re-tested.

Reactions: Sup42 and Inruin

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Admire their investigative tenacity but surely drawing a long bow if there's no indications in the wastewater.
Another problem with Papatoetoe is that there are a number of older houses there which still use septics tanks and aren’t connected to the public system. Because of that, there’s no guarantee that testing public wastewater would pick it up.

Reactions: Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
A guy at work has a son in the same class as the community case girl so he and his family have been at home since Monday and being the son is a close contact from the same class all family members were tested.

Guy gets his results back yesterday and they're negative so officials tell him he's sweet to return to work.

Now here's the kicker.

His son's results, let alone the rest of his family, haven't had their results back yet and are still under instruction to self-isolate, yet this fellow is granted permission to leave the family bubble, mix with his colleagues in the carpentry gang and return home?!

I hope the family results are negative both for their sakes and everyone at work and the company's owner and so on and so forth..

Now we're hearing close contacts are being retested, does that mean if our workmate tests positive the whole company of 67 people and our families and close contacts are only just now in jeopardy..

Todays case, thirteen days after the Index case just proves that the dynamics you describe are bs.

As you said, this man or a household contact could have been infected, despite his negative test...and knowing the results of the others had not come through makes it worse.

Papatoetoe high is still at level three. Self isolating with a requirement to get everyone re tested.

Long tails, extra infectious, all reasons why what you describe should not be happening.

Sewage testing is coming up ok, so no dramatic spike in cases unknown type in the community.

Addit: I just read Miket12 Miket12 post about waste water tanks. I did not know that.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Sewage testing is coming up ok, so no dramatic spike in cases unknown type in the community.

Addit: I just read Miket12 Miket12 post about waste water tanks. I did not know that.
Another thing I just thought about is that large parts of Papatoetoe still have what’s called a “one pipe system”. Although there are two pipes in the ground, the public stormwater lines were only designed to take street runoff (and they were undersized to begin with) and not private driveways and roofs which are supposed to discharge into onsite soakage pits. The problem with soakage pits is the most, over time, no longer work so house owners go and illegally connect their down pipes, etc. into the public waste water pipes. The alternative is to have a really soggy backyard most of the year.

That extra stormwater volume in the waste water system could dilute the results and may make it harder to test COVID in the wastewater system.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
Miket, you need to get a job with Ashley.

Had forgotten about septic tanks probably because other than us country folks, I would have though in this day and age that all properties within city boundaries would have mandatory connection to sewage.

Not like Papatoetoe is a new suburb.

Reactions: dean and Sup42

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Miket, you need to get a job with Ashley.

Had forgotten about septic tanks probably because other than us country folks, I would have though in this day and age that all properties within city boundaries would have mandatory connection to sewage.

Not like Papatoetoe is a new suburb.
Wouldn’t like to work for the MOH.... enjoy my sanity (what little I have :) ) too much.

It’s actually surprising the amount of older properties I’ve come across which still have septic systems although council will require owners to connect through to the council system if they’re increasing the number of bedrooms during an extension.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Another thing I just thought about is that large parts of Papatoetoe still have what’s called a “one pipe system”. Although there are two pipes in the ground, the public stormwater lines were only designed to take street runoff (and they were undersized to begin with) and not private driveways and roofs which are supposed to discharge into onsite soakage pits. The problem with soakage pits is the most, over time, no longer work so house owners go and illegally connect their down pipes, etc. into the public waste water pipes. The alternative is to have a really soggy backyard most of the year.

That extra stormwater volume in the waste water system could dilute the results and may make it harder to test COVID in the wastewater system.
They must need a decent outbreak to get positive tests from waste water you would think? Huge volume of material.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings