Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
I would love to have a contact in public health regarding our Vaccine status.

All I know is we have pre orders and agreements with the makers. I know we have the freezers here or coming.

I know we are lower on the list and the roll out cannot start before march.
I read in the Guardian before Xmas that you had bought 15m doses, including just under 4m of the Oxford one. Rollout in Q2 iirc

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Ministry of Health media release says there are nineteen cases of the UK strain/variant and one from SA all in quarantin.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I read in the Guardian before Xmas that you had bought 15m doses, including just under 4m of the Oxford one. Rollout in Q2 iirc
One point five Mil of Pfizer yes, and so that’s two per person so seven hundred and fifty thousand full courses.

As for Oxford I dunno to be honest. I know we ordered some cheap Vaccine that is still in stage three trial and not approved yet....my first thought was we will be giving that stuff to the Pacific Islands....the cheap stuff....hmm.

Overall though we have ordered something like at least eleven million doses. I just cannot confirm of what.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Planet of the Apes is happening.

Just wait till they give the Gorillas the Oxford Astrazeneca Vaccine which uses the Chimpanzee Adeno Virus.....

On a positive note one of them is being impeached already.
Holy shit you're right it's happening again, how did that movie end?

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
The EU are making a complete pigs ear of the vaccine roll out across the 27 member nations

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-for-vaccine-solidarity-across-member-states

I must admit to being concerned about the whole Brexit thing, but the more I see the EU running around doing very little I can see where the complaints of overbearing bureaucracy come from.
Writing a letter ffs, that will teach the Germans to buy 30m doses without asking

Same thing happened in the middle of last year when they made another mess of a ventilator procurement exercise

Shame my own countries government have made so many mistakes on not locking down etc.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
The EU are making a complete pigs ear of the vaccine roll out across the 27 member nations

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-for-vaccine-solidarity-across-member-states

I must admit to being concerned about the whole Brexit thing, but the more I see the EU running around doing very little I can see where the complaints of overbearing bureaucracy come from.
Writing a letter ffs, that will teach the Germans to buy 30m doses without asking

Same thing happened in the middle of last year when they made another mess of a ventilator procurement exercise

Shame my own countries government have made so many mistakes on not locking down etc.
Shocking.

I remember seeing that France only did six thousand doses in the first period.,..and some commentators were saying it was a way of thumbing their noses at Britain for being in such a hurry.

The weird thing is, that Covid has exposed so many idiots, and what a mess the world really is...however when a rapid kill virus hits us one of these days, these countries will be scrambling to out do one another in Vaccine uptake.

The fact that Covid was sold as only a threat to oldies really made it a political football.

Something that kills eighty to one hundred percent of the infected will expose a different side of these countries.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013

Had to laugh at the legally binding bit.

When the chips are down it's everyman for himself. This could see a further rupturing of the EU especially if Angela's successor is more assertive

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
  • Haha
Reactions: john nick

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
PS...knowing our bloody record with Cindy and the crew it is probably out already, they just don't know where.
I know they are not perfect Bruce, and I know I rate them pretty highly in Covid.

What I would say....all politics aside, is that our mindset, across the board, is well capable of dealing with a new outbreak.

As such we are in a small bunch of countries who are lately being joined by dozens of countries who now are adopting similar tactics by forced need to.

We do have the experience to deal with a super covid outbreak.

I agree with yours and wizards rage wizards rage other posts, that the economic side of this demands we take extra care.

Personally, and this is just reflecting out loud, now that the proverbial 'cure' is in sight, I am desperate not to catch Covid....unlike when I was more philosophical about it because there was only so much I cold do.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Talking to a couple of people from the UK and the US on another forum. Depressing with where they are at. After talking about there health system being overrun I dropped the ‘our nurses are bored and are at the beach at the moment’. Had them cracking up laughing.

The benefits of being in NZ!

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Talking to a couple of people from the UK and the US on another forum. Depressing with where they are at. After talking about there health system being overrun I dropped the ‘our nurses are bored and are at the beach at the moment’. Had them cracking up laughing.

The benefits of being in NZ!
We are so insulated.

The only Covid deaths I know of are guys who I made friends with in the gaming community. So they are from obviously all over the world.

So many gamers I chat with have gone through it or looked after a spouse or child with it.

But yeah my favourite game we chat about daily covid struggles, and sometimes I have to explain how it is that we have none in the community, because they just cannot process it.

Last week we lost the 5th best player in the world to covid. Someone whose gaming handle is just below mine on the all time best players. I know it seems weird to talk about gaming and Covid seriously, because...well...it is gaming....but in that community, seeing a guy on the home page of the game in the worlds top five, had more impact on the gamers than the real news in the real world.

• Sad
Reactions: matiunz

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings