Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

13 November — The coronavirus can mutate swiftly in one person’s body

The new coronavirus resurged again and again in the body of an infected man, eventually killing him while showing evidence of fast-paced evolution.

Manuela Cernadas and Jonathan Li at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, and their colleagues followed the course of COVID-19 in a 45-year-old man with a long-standing autoimmune disorder, who was on a medication regimen that included powerful immunosuppressants (B. Choi et al. N. Engl. J. Med. https://doi.org/fhv8; 2020). Roughly 40 days after the man first tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, follow-up tests indicated that the virus was dwindling — but it surged back, despite antiviral treatment.

The man’s infection subsided and then returned twice more before he died, five months after his first COVID-19 diagnosis. Genomic analysis showed that the man had not been infected multiple times. Instead, the virus had lingered and quickly mutated in his body.

Of late there have been at least three sensational media Covid releases.

Potential Vaccine resistent Covid mutation from Minks.

Covid was circulating much earlier than previously thought.

And this report of a one off case in a reputable publication of an apparent rapid mutation.

The Mink story while potentially alarming has nothing to suggest other than theory that it is Vaccine resistant.

However it would be a good idea for Denmark to close its borders until this outbreak is extinguished, they are not doing that.

The story about early covid cases looks true on the surface, but nowhere in the article is the term genomic testing mention (after being convinced yesterday I went back and re read it today) without genomics that story is rubbish.

But this case was genomically tracked we are told, so that is good science and more of a concern.

However it may still prove to be an anomaly since this person who died had some form of compromise to their immunity and apart from this one case, the virus is mutating at a fairly predictable and steady slow rate.

We will just have to wait and see.

I expect there will be other stories. Hopefully none of them prove a wider problem.

Last edited:

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Of late there have been at least three sensational media Covid releases.

Potential Vaccine resistent Covid mutation from Minks.

Covid was circulating much earlier than previously thought.

And this report of a one off case in a reputable publication of an apparent rapid mutation.

The Mink story while potentially alarming has nothing to suggest other than theory that it is Vaccine resistant.

However it would be a good idea for Denmark to close its borders until this outbreak is extinguished, they are not doing that.

The story about early covid cases looks true on the surface, but nowhere in the article is the term genomic testing mention (after being convinced yesterday I went back and re read it today) without genomics that story is rubbish.

But this case was genomically tracked we are told, so that is good science and more of a concern.

However it may still prove to be an anomaly since this person who died had some form of compromise to their immunity and apart from this one case, the virus is mutating at a fairly predictable and steady slow rate.

We will just have to wait and see.

I expect there will be other stories. Hopefully none of them prove a wider problem.
Premier of south australia was saying that the outbreak they are dealing with is gen 5. After exposure you can be able to pass it to another person within 24 hours. The speed of transmission is what they are really afraid of here. However they have just gone into lock down. (even worse than the one we have just finished) and have their first 0 since it was discovered.

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Premier of south australia was saying that the outbreak they are dealing with is gen 5. After exposure you can be able to pass it to another person within 24 hours. The speed of transmission is what they are really afraid of here. However they have just gone into lock down. (even worse than the one we have just finished) and have their first 0 since it was discovered.

yeah I’m in SA in the mines and we are now stuck on the mine as we are very remote and there are no flights in or out. Now talk of us doing an extra long swing so COVID can’t be introduced to the site until everything is in the clear.

The SA govt is still determined that the cricket test will go ahead here next month, so it will be interesting how the different state governments treat league next year if there are flare ups

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Ok thanks.

That is a big deal.

In NZ we have had several community cases that have been stopped from further spread because of the lag.

Take the two Karen's case. They hugged a mate before traveling on to Wellington while positive.

Despite that incident, there was no mass outbreak.

Version 5 would have made that case a lockdown scenario.

Version 5 would have made our current outbreak a lockdown scenario.

If this development proves true then I see it as a positive rather than a negative from a purely NZ stand point.

Since our country has the political will to act, I would rather that the virus restricts our options than this half pai in between state we currently have, where for example NZ is soft on mandating masks and other directives.

I think NZ can defeat any Covid scenario which is why Labour are in charge.

So lets get on with it and bring in even more stringent protocols so we ain’t fkn around any more.

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
Ok thanks.

That is a big deal.

In NZ we have had several community cases that have been stopped from further spread because of the lag.

Take the two Karen's case. They hugged a mate before traveling on to Wellington while positive.

Despite that incident, there was no mass outbreak.

Version 5 would have made that case a lockdown scenario.

Version 5 would have made our current outbreak a lockdown scenario.

If this development proves true then I see it as a positive rather than a negative from a purely NZ stand point.

Since our country has the political will to act, I would rather that the virus restricts our options than this half pai in between state we currently have, where for example NZ is soft on mandating masks and other directives.

I think NZ can defeat any Covid scenario which is why Labour are in charge.

So lets get on with it and bring in even more stringent protocols so we ain’t fkn around any more.
how many cases do u have?
why change if what u are doing is working?
here they have just cancelled new years fire works, we are now 20 days with no cases. what are they reacting to. if we get to new years without a single case then why punish the people of melb. if the govt are doi g their job properly then we should be removing restrictions not adding more

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
how many cases do u have?
why change if what u are doing is working?
here they have just cancelled new years fire works, we are now 20 days with no cases. what are they reacting to. if we get to new years without a single case then why punish the people of melb. if the govt are doi g their job properly then we should be removing restrictions not adding more
I think we need to wear masks in public by compulsion.

The stakes are too high. We have had several quarantine breaches.

The reason they did not turn into full blown outbreaks is because even though the carriers went to lots of public places, they were not shedding virus until they became symptomatic.

So there has been a period of grace where we 'got away with it'.

That wont continue if there are other cases and people are shedding from day one of the infection.

Also we got lucky because they were not A symptomatic spreaders, they became sick.

Masks are really effective. I want us to wear them all the time until the Vaccine is distributed widely.

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
I think we need to wear masks in public by compulsion.

The stakes are too high. We have had several quarantine breaches.

The reason they did not turn into full blown outbreaks is because even though the carriers went to lots of public places, they were not shedding virus until they became symptomatic.

So there has been a period of grace where we 'got away with it'.

That wont continue if there are other cases and people are shedding from day one of the infection.

Also we got lucky because they were not A symptomatic spreaders, they became sick.

Masks are really effective. I want us to wear them all the time until the Vaccine is distributed widely.
Masks dont really protect you from getting the virus. they stop you from spreading it. The latest case in S.A. they are saying was picked up by a cleaner working in the hotel/hosp that got it from a hard surface, who then gave it to some security guards. The person had it for 10 days before they were tested. The problem wasnt the lack of masks, they had those it was that there was once again no actual testing being done of the staff working around corona virus positive people.

The issue was once again that the government didnt look outside itself to see what had gone wrong elsewhere, ie in this case NZ, and increase protections, for its staff or the rest of the population.

once again the mask didnt make any difference. I acknowledge that once it was to late and the beast is loose that masks can slow it down, but not as much as isolation as S.A. is doing now. Would you like NZ to start isolating everyone again just in case?

IMO the best solution is to keep upping the anti when it comes to new arrivals from overseas, which is where every single case has come from. Get stricter and then enforce best practice as you would with any highly contagious disease, with your work force and the people on the front line, and the returnees.

But hey at the end of the day there is no rule that says you cant wear a mask if you want. Personally i cant wait to get rid of them. You try walking the dog in 30 deg +heat with a mask on.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
To move the world forward in dealing with this
I would suggest we break up all continents an large countries
Into smaller landmasses with each landmass surrounded by water an several hundred miles away from each other .Each landmass having between 0 to 7 million people so it can be efficiently monitored an managed .
An we can make bubble between the good groups
An maybe nuke the ones that fails . .
I would also like to see a system that that fines people who get it
To stop other people who are thinking about getting a virus .
This way we can fight this an any new pandemics .going forward .
On looking at the virus I have decided personally it's not a good deal
An so I have decided I won't be getting myself any corona .
I would suggest you all do the same an say no to CV .19 .

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Biden has said he’s not going to lock down the US and the economy is more important.

So much for Trump being out of step with the world... the whole US has a different attitude. Not wrong just different.

Reactions: matiunz

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Biden has said he’s not going to lock down the US and the economy is more important.

So much for Trump being out of step with the world... the whole US has a different attitude. Not wrong just different.
All Biden has to do is to try to save a few hundred thousand lives.

The hundreds of thousands Trump was going to murder.

Biden has said he will be guided by the science. I think you will find that when people are dropping dead in hospital car parks and in the toilets, that there will be a more receptive audience to doing what needs to be done.

Biden has to repair the damage Trump has done to the CDC and to take the chains off that Trump has locked them down with.

Those steps will be enough to save one hundred thousand plus lives.

That is a lot of people when you already have a quarter of a million dead.

The CDC will come out with un censored guidelines and science, and people will be able to choose whether they keep themselves and their families alive.

The economy is well down on the list of those priorities whether you lock it down or not.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
So the rapid spread story out of Victoria turned out to be generated by a lying pizza worker.

This clown told contact tracers he bought a pizza from the hotspot Woodville Pizza outlet.

Ergo it looked as though he caught Covid and then infected others within hours.

It turns out the fucker worked at the pizza joint and therefore had Covid exposure and was infected longer than the lie they told.

A whole state locked down in fear of the new strain all because some bastard lied.

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
So the rapid spread story out of Victoria turned out to be generated by a lying pizza worker.

This clown told contact tracers he bought a pizza from the hotspot Woodville Pizza outlet.

Ergo it looked as though he caught Covid and then infected others within hours.

It turns out the fucker worked at the pizza joint and therefore had Covid exposure and was infected longer than the lie they told.

A whole state locked down in fear of the new strain all because some bastard lied.
its like these people investigating the disease have never seen House. "everybody lies"

Reactions: Sup42

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
great show that.

Interesting to hear the Professor in charge of the response say that what South Australia did is comparable to "Auckland a short sharp lock down then quickly get back on with our lives".
just reading after finding out that the dude lied they have already changed the lockdown rules and easing will begin on sat. 3 days early.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Some interesting data emerging that strongly suggest that people who have had the MMR Vaccine have some Covid protection.

MMR is the Vaccine that really kicked off the Anti Vax movement...after a false and corrupt study to link it to Autism.

There is very strong evidence emerging that the higher your antibodies from MMR are, the lower the severity you would experience from Covid disease.

Seems specifically the Mumps antibodies.

This is why there is a lot of hope that these new Covid Vaccines could well prove to provide protection from other illness due to the antibody response they create.

The RNA Vaccines like the Pfizer and Moderna + Oxford Vaccines may future proof us somewhat to other existing epidemics or future outbreaks (entirely speculative, but interesting none the less).

Part of the level of protection from Covid that children have, may in fact be due to their having had more recent immunity boost from MMR to older people.

Younger children who have not reached the age for an MMR Vaccine are 65% more likely to get a Covid infection, that is a pretty strong stat to suggest MMR actually protects you from Covid.

Last edited:

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
Some interesting data emerging that strongly suggest that people who have had the MMR Vaccine have some Covid protection.

MMR is the Vaccine that really kicked off the Anti Vax movement...after a false and corrupt study to link it to Autism.

There is very strong evidence emerging that the higher your antibodies from MMR are, the lower the severity you would experience from Covid disease.

This is why there is a lot of hope that these new Covid Vaccines could well prove to provide protection from other illness due to the antibody response they create.

The RNA Vaccines like the Pfizer and Moderna + Oxford Vaccines may future proof us somewhat to other existing epidemics or future outbreaks (entirely speculative, but interesting none the less).

Part of the level of protection from Covid that children have, may in fact be due to their having had more recent immunity boost from MMR to older people.

Younger children who have not reached the age for an MMR Vaccine are 65% more likely to get a Covid infection, that is a pretty strong stat to suggest MMR actually protects you from Covid.
and yet with no cases we still have to wear masks. its ok im just bitching no need to reply to this comment, fucken politicians.
Its good to know that there is a high chance that getting MMR vaccine could give you some protection. It would also possibly explain why the older gen might be more susceptible given more of them are likely to have not been immunised.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga

Just looked into this and it’s very promising and seems so obvious it works given the countries data and the correlation to the MMR vaccine. It explains vastly different infection and death rates in different countries.

The link was noticed in March... MARCH!

Why haven’t all hospital workers and elderly been pumped full of that vaccine by now? Cost/ benefit... it’s a no brainer.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings