Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Sycophantic?

The general rule of thumb from us oldies was that National were the better fiscal managers and Labour would open up the purse strings, and as some would have... it stuff it up.

The current National caucus is very disappointing but to say that this Labour government is good at anything is a massive overstatement.

Cindy is a class act with sound bites, especially on the international stage, but her talent pool is very shallow and quite honestly not worth crowing about either.

Having said that I just don't know how Simon Bridges would have handled the pandemic. That is a bloody big question.
What are your fiscal indicators that make National better?
I think it's a myth.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Some good news, the virus has killed the Yorkshire ripper
Prick lived a long time relatively speaking. Funny reading he died obese with diabetes.
The meds do that. And the menu and staff loading people like his plates up does the rest. Slow death by morbid obesity.
Also makes people in Units like Broadmoor less able to fight well unless of course Wrestling or grappling is their thing, then its a bit more complicated.
But giving these people what the layman calls tranquillizers and loading them with food is a thing.

He may well have been on no meds at all in prison, but he certainly would have been offered a cocktail in Broadmoor

Guys like Charles Bronson on the other hand are far less inclined to over eat and will be head cases for doing press ups and sit ups and everything in between to maintain that power.

They will exercise to fight the meds.

Sutcliffe on the other hand must have liked his food.

A hungry man is an angry man, a bloated man on the other hand....spends his day nodding off in the day room on the pills.

Good old Covid. As you say, its not all bad.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
  • Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
It's not over .yet .Money well spent I say .
How boring is politics going to be without him .
What's steven colbert going to talk about for half an hour .
Boring is good mate if the right things are getting done. Trumps whole world and policies, if he has any actual policies, are all personality driven. The fact he has a c**t of a personality, well....,...

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
No, I think we are just too casual about the whole COVID issue.
I use the app, it's not hard - unless you don't have fingers.

True. I was at the supermarket yesterday and the Code posters are right next to the entrance which is double lanes. I stop to snap the code and counted 6 groups go straight through the lane next door, some actually holding phones in their hands. And there was no one behind me.

I don't really see what the problem is other than people are lazy or couldn't care less. Masking up is in the same category.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
And please explain to me would that PPE be appropriate to use with this virus that we have gotten now.
Not being a smart arse so don’t shoot the messenger. I understand through the recent reporting that both our MOH and the WHO both say that while standard surgical masks are okay for the general public, medical staff should have N95 grade masks or better. The Herald article Inruin Inruin posted stated that the PPE stockpile included securing N95 masks from a local manufacturer along with surgical masks.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Honest question. Do you have an answer or not .Very simple
Adequate Pp
Except the bloody thing is a lemon.
Not being a smart arse so don’t shoot the messenger. I understand through the recent reporting that both our MOH and the WHO both say that while standard surgical masks are okay for the general public, medical staff should have N95 grade masks or better. The Herald article Inruin Inruin posted stated that the PPE stockpile included securing N95 masks from a local manufacturer along with surgical masks.
Thanks Mike for your simple explanation

• Haha
Reactions: Inruin

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Prick lived a long time relatively speaking. Funny reading he died obese with diabetes.
The meds do that. And the menu and staff loading people like his plates up does the rest. Slow death by morbid obesity.
Also makes people in Units like Broadmoor less able to fight well unless of course Wrestling or grappling is their thing, then its a bit more complicated.
But giving these people what the layman calls tranquillizers and loading them with food is a thing.

He may well have been on no meds at all in prison, but he certainly would have been offered a cocktail in Broadmoor

Guys like Charles Bronson on the other hand are far less inclined to over eat and will be head cases for doing press ups and sit ups and everything in between to maintain that power.

They will exercise to fight the meds.

Sutcliffe on the other hand must have liked his food.

A hungry man is an angry man, a bloated man on the other hand....spends his day nodding off in the day room on the pills.

Good old Covid. As you say, its not all bad.
Reads better if we exchange Manson for Bronson

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Another American nut job
He said:
“I thought about fornication and I did a little research … I hope this research is not correct, but I got it straight from the encyclopedia — it says that 5 percent of new brides in America now are virgins. That means 95 percent have already committed fornication!” Baxter said on “The Jim Bakker Show,” which discusses end-of-times religious scenarios. 😍 😍 😍

• Haha

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Sweden's plan to prevent Covid peaks through gradual spread failed spectacularly.
They're having the surge they weren't supposed to with worse stats than their neighbors who are also having a second wave.

All basically off the postulating of one man Anders Tegnell.

The guy doesn't seem phased. I wonder at his psychological make up.

A nation as his test tube. Well it didn't work....onto the next experiment...

He will make it into Covid the movie.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Sweden's plan to prevent Covid peaks through gradual spread failed spectacularly.
They're having the surge they weren't supposed to with worse stats than their neighbors who are also having a second wave.

All basically off the postulating of one man Anders Tegnell.

The guy doesn't seem phased. I wonder at his psychological make up.

A nation as his test tube. Well it didn't work....onto the next experiment...

He will make it into Covid the movie.
Just saying...I am not a PhD in anything but anybody who has a basic understanding of ecology knows that herd immunity as espoused for covid was total bullshit. It beggars belief that grown people can be so stupid.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Just saying...I am not a PhD in anything but anybody who has a basic understanding of ecology knows that herd immunity as espoused for covid was total bullshit. It beggars belief that grown people can be so stupid.
Sweden was interesting from afar.

I secretly hoped they would prove right. But they were gambling on some epidemiology that was theoretical based on their cultural habits.

First of all I imagine when they launched this idea, driven by Tegnall and resisted by some of his colleagues, the thinking was that Covid isn't so bad to start with.
Wrong.

Second of all they thought they would isolate the elderly and the vulnerable.
Wrong.

Lastly they thought that their naturally somewhat A social habits of not being great public minglers and being geographically spread....that would see a slow rolling curve that never gets out of hand.
Wrong.

They also had this broadly popular idea in many western countries, that people can moderate their own behaviour without state directives.
Wrong.

I wonder and we will never know, that had Tegnall known it was airborne at the outset, whether he would have embarked on all of those epidemiological ideas about a populations behaviour where the hypothesis was that Sweden was uniquely placed to have a different pandemic outcome.

Where the Swedes are not doing the world any favours is that they influenced the thinking and were held up as an example by right wing economy driven people world wide.

Bout time they came out and declared loud and proud we fucked up don't try it'

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I secretly hoped they would prove right. But they were gambling on some epidemiology that was theoretical based on their cultural habits.
There was no theory, none at all, zilch, zero that had any substance that covid would fall to herd immunity. That was up there with the flat earth society.

For it to work, covid would have to ravage the planet so that those left alive would breed with others left alive, and their kids would be resistant. That is how immunity works.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings