wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
This saga will drag on longer than "Days of Our Lives". It is more entertaining though
Long match this, with it being advantage Australia now. Djokovic pulled himself back from the brink in the first round tie breaker to keep himself in the running but he’s been broken a few times this week and is looking vulnerable to the big serving government officials.

I bet Djokovic didn’t think the ‘court’ he spent time on in Australia would have a judge instead of an umpire. 🤣

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Old video.
But you get four experts who are actually virologists talking about the lab created virus and you get a pretty resounding dismissal of the conspiracy.

However, this does not rule out the possibility that Covid was a lab accident. There is a big difference between an accident and a bio engineered super virus.

If you think about a Lab accident, even in that scenario, knowing what we know now, Covid becoming a pandemic, even without a lab story, was inevitable.

This thing is in the wild. Even now it is infecting hamsters and has infected mink.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worried2Death

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
For over 686 days apart from the lockdowns, and the mask wearing, no one in my family had covid or been affected with anything to do with covid related issues until now.

My uncle died yesterday in Christchurch and my father, bro and I are heading to Christchurch on Saturday for the funeral which is next Wednesday. We just want to be around my favourite Aunty who lost her husband and support her.

Now my Uncle's Daughter, and his own brother and sister who live in Australia can't get back into the country including other family members like cousins, who were wanting to get back because of the border restrictions. This has hit the family hard but most the family will be there but that doesn't make it all the more easier.

Like I said all I have had to deal with for the last 686 days are the lockdowns and the mask wearing and the injections. I have to travel to Christchurch which has covid numbers but need to be careful to not go anywhere of places of interests.

Just thought I'd share that. I know that some of you have had a harder time like trying to get into Auckland while borders were still up around Auckland, but it still doesn't make it any easier.
Sorry to hear this David, condolences to you and the kids to your uncle. Very tough time. I know you will do your part so no need for a lecture. You ever need anything I'm always here. Much love my bro

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
A male caller to NewstalkZB today around 12.40

23 of his mates have had Covid recently
We didn't bother following the rules
Worse "cold" he has ever had

There is no real hope for the community at large when this is going on and it mattters not a jot what rules/mandates/requests the Govt implement
I wouldn't believe that bullshit. Sounds like someone with an agenda. I listen to zb all the time but just haven't been in the mood to listen to the bullshit lately. I've heard some crazy motherf*#kerz on there.

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
The Queen must step in to save Spartacus from this terrible state torture!

Talk about privilege!! And I don't mean white privilege before I get abused lol. You're a sports star in a sport that most of Nz and oz don't give a fuk about. Stop trying to be the big man. If you were a NBA star i might understand but no one wants you here Novak. People already hate you cause you're a c*nt. You're getting no sympathy here other than the thousand antivaxxers left in oz

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Talk about privilege!! And I don't mean white privilege before I get abused lol. You're a sports star in a sport that most of Nz and oz don't give a fuk about. Stop trying to be the big man. If you were a NBA star i might understand but no one wants you here Novak. People already hate you cause you're a c*nt. You're getting no sympathy here other than the thousand antivaxxers left in oz
This is bigger than Djokovic. Australia was on show as host to a worldwide premier sporting event.

Some host aye.

This will make 0 difference to covid in Australia, it was merely making a political statement. Djokovic is an elite international superstar athlete and WAS entitled to special privilege that you and me are not. The greens leader got the same special treatment in NZ with a free MIQ spot, while the common people fought online for a spot. It’s called special cases.

This will have caused long term unforeseen damage to Australias reputation. Eg things like hosting Olympics, commonwealth games, football/ rugby/ tiddlywinks world cups. International concerts. Movies filmed there. International business conference. Expos. This may be the start of the end of the Aussie open as a major.

Banana republics that ignore the rule of law don’t get to host those things.

You can disagree with me, and gleefully rejoice that he gets treated the same as everyone else but the people organising these sort of events will have taken note and putting a line through Australia. They need predictability to operate under as hosts and this was disgraceful treatment of a ‘special international superstar guest’ by a host nation.

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
This is bigger than Djokovic. Australia was on show as host to a worldwide premier sporting event.

Some host aye.

This will make 0 difference to covid in Australia, it was merely making a political statement. Djokovic is an elite international superstar athlete and WAS entitled to special privilege that you and me are not. The greens leader got the same special treatment in NZ with a free MIQ spot, while the common people fought online for a spot. It’s called special cases.

This will have caused long term unforeseen damage to Australias reputation. Eg things like hosting Olympics, commonwealth games, football/ rugby/ tiddlywinks world cups. International concerts. Movies filmed there. International business conference. Expos. This may be the start of the end of the Aussie open as a major.

Banana republics that ignore the rule of law don’t get to host those things.

You can disagree with me, and gleefully rejoice that he gets treated the same as everyone else but the people organising these sort of events will have taken note and putting a line through Australia. They need predictability to operate under as hosts and this was disgraceful treatment of a ‘special international superstar guest’ by a host nation.
You're still caught up with Nz politics and the fact certain people got special treatment. That's got nothing to do with this case. Novak is a c*nt and is getting publicly hung rightfully. Maybe you have a different perspective but as an immigrant I know you got to have absolutely everything in order and an excuse someone else filled it out for you is not going to pass. And from everything I've heard from friends and family, Australia is much more strict!!

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
You're still caught up with Nz politics and the fact certain people got special treatment. That's got nothing to do with this case. Novak is a c*nt and is getting publicly hung rightfully. Maybe you have a different perspective but as an immigrant I know you got to have absolutely everything in order and an excuse someone else filled it out for you is not going to pass. And from everything I've heard from friends and family, Australia is much more strict!!
Replying to my own post. No one watches tennis cause of novak. That's all that matters at the end of the day bro.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
1 - I was not commenting on the right or wrong of the Green leader. In fact I was supporting him in that high level politicians, sport people, business leaders, diplomats, etc ARE entitled to special treatment as the benefit of what they do outweighs the risk.

2 - Your putting your personal experience into the situation. Would you feel different if it was the pope? Personal feeling on his personality are irrelevant (and I also don’t like the guy). I feel he is an international elite that is entitled to exemptions as I have already pushed my case.

3 - no one watches tennis? But my point was the organisers of sporting/ business events/ concerts/ expos/ etc will have noticed the treatment and extrapolate that into one of their high profile attendees.

Reactions: J_P

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
1 - I was not commenting on the right or wrong of the Green leader. In fact I was supporting him in that high level politicians, sport people, business leaders, diplomats, etc ARE entitled to special treatment as the benefit of what they do outweighs the risk.

2 - Your putting your personal experience into the situation. Would you feel different if it was the pope? Personal feeling on his personality are irrelevant (and I also don’t like the guy). I feel he is an international elite that is entitled to exemptions as I have already pushed my case.

3 - no one watches tennis? But my point was the organisers of sporting/ business events/ concerts/ expos/ etc will have noticed the treatment and extrapolate that into one of their high profile attendees.
Fair enough bro, and I do agree with your first point but what do you think of someone that is actively pushing an antivax agenda that has been disproven by science?. Most politicians that get exemptions is for miq cause they're vaxxed, not for being anti vaxxers. Btw imo the effectiveness of the vaccine in spreading it to other people doesn't matter in this situation. The fact is if you are vaxxed you are far less likely to take up a precious hospital bed. Trying to come into the country unvaxxed is a fuck you to every single healthcare worker in the country and the lockdowns we've had to endure. I'm speaking from my perspective but that also applies to Australia.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Fair enough bro, and I do agree with your first point but what do you think of someone that is actively pushing an antivax agenda that has been disproven by science?. Most politicians that get exemptions is for miq cause they're vaxxed, not for being anti vaxxers. Btw imo the effectiveness of the vaccine in spreading it to other people doesn't matter in this situation. The fact is if you are vaxxed you are far less likely to take up a precious hospital bed. Trying to come into the country unvaxxed is a fuck you to every single healthcare worker in the country and the lockdowns we've had to endure. I'm speaking from my perspective but that also applies to Australia.
The Olympics had a significant proportion of the athletes unvaccinated. It’s what you do as an international host - you apply international standards, accomodate differences and not use it to push your own countries politics. You are showcasing yourself to the world as an open, accomodating and inclusive host - and Australia has failed miserably.

The idea of hosting an elite world event that is 95% of participants are made up of foreigners that you are honoured to be the host of. You operate on an international basis, are inclusive of different cultures and point of views and acknowledge that the event is bigger than your personal country.

I think Australia is within their rights to put their own country first but I don’t think it’s aligned with the host of a international event. They are putting their own standards onto foreigners. If they don’t want the responsibility as a international host, they should cancel the Aussie open and make it a closed Australian only event. Again - international events will have put a line through Australia because of this.

Reactions: J_P

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings