Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Early today - just to get them out of the road.

I guess I failed to recognize that yesterday was 100 days that Auckland had been in Level 4 and Level 3 Lockdown. My bad. 65 days in Level 3 and 35 days in Level 4.

So that makes today 101 days in Lockdown. Day 66 of Level 3. 1 More week to go and you'll be in Red, just with more freedoms.

Anyway apart from Auckland.

637 Days since Covid has been in NZ.

510 Days since Covid returned after first elimination

66 Days of Auckland being in Level 3 like I said before

38 Days of Northland being back in Level 2

15 Days of the Far North being back in Level 2

10 Days of the Waikato being back in Level 2

80 whole days the rest of the Country, South of Northland, Auckland and Waikato being in Level 2.

And like I said before 1 more week left of the Level system. But I read yesterday that if the Traffic Light System does not work, they could revert back to the trusted Level systems. I found that telling. They aren't even sure the Traffic Light System is going to work fully. Only time will tell I suppose.

7660 Community Cases

Auckland 7088

Waikato 393

Northland 74

Bay of Plenty 39

Lakes 25

Wellington 18

Christchurch 8

Taranaki 6

Mid Central 5

Wairarapa 3

Nelson 1

I hope some of you managed to get your hair cut yesterday and tried out the Covid Pass.

Enjoy your Friday everyone. 1 more week left of the Level system.
You out did yourself this morning bro with the case numbers by region.

BOP have had a lot and quickly. Interesting to see that. Northland by comparison is spreading much slower.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
You out did yourself this morning bro with the case numbers by region.

BOP have had a lot and quickly. Interesting to see that. Northland by comparison is spreading much slower.
It’s exploding in the bay… no talk of locking down though.

A lot of fear in the community but this is living with Covid!

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
My sister went to a birthday dinner the other night with her best friend who is a hard core antivaxxer.

I get all huffy and puffy in here on the subject, but in real life I am far more understanding.

I was glad she went, she is fully vaccinated, and this is the reality we are living in.

One thing Crow raises a lot is the discrimination against the unvaxxed. I think he is seeing what we write here and assuming it is how things operate in the real world, when in fact probably few families are cutting off or out their unvaxxed members.

And that would be because of the fundamental principle that the vast majoity of people who get vaccinated are also the personality type to care about the welfare of others...and therefore will wish the unvaccinated who they care for well.,,,,,,and will probably place themselves at risk to protect the Antivaxxers emotionally and socially etc.
As I have posted before, We have a daughter in Brisbane who is an anti vaxxer. She also thinks Pete Evans is the Messiah.

Our 5 year old grandson will definitely not be getting vaccinated even when it is approved for young children according to his mother. The rest of the immediate family are all double vaxxed

I'm stuck here in NZ but my wife is in Brisbane, not in the same residence as our daughter but not far away. This situation is causing some severe angst amongst the family.

I try and maintain the zoom calls but the conversation always seems to swing back to Covid and end up ugly. Her sisters have refused to talk to her which is sad. There is a very real possibility in the next month she will have to leave a very well paying job due to no jab, no job rules and rely on state support along with the bank of mum and dad.

Despite the risk, my wife and I think the only way she will ever get the message is to get a dose of it, which seems more likely than not.

Always lingering in the back of the mind.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

Thread unrolled in below link.

Shit!

This one is a bit frightening in principle.

What we need to know is mortality and hospitalization rates and we need vaccine resistance data STAT.

Man this virus keeps humbling humanity, I feel like I've had a kick in the nuts. I did not believe that a strain could aggressively overwhelm Delta. What is happening in Gueteng is extremely alarming hey.

Our border plans look real interesting just now. The idea being that we supposedly have a tiered approach to risk.

How does that work when this thing is going to smash Delta across the planet and cause a new massive wave?

I am listening to the South African experts as I type so I am behind the eight ball here.

Sounds like Anecdotes of an new exponential wave reported by the Public in a country that does not have great testing (S.A.).

Oh wow I am listening to the minister of health and what he is saying is crazy.

If correct this thing is going from a few hundred cases to a thousand in a matter of days....a week or so....

While that sounds outrageous....really it is not if you consider this is a new disease that seems to be rappidly wiping out Delta. We know how fast Delta spreads...therefore it is not hard to see how the alarm from anecdotal and a bit of surveillance testing results is justified.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Question of the day:

Will school children be required to be vaccinated to attend school at some point next year after the kids vaccine has been approved?

Does the right to an education over rule health and safety (remember it’s already been determined it’s not safe for unvaccinated adults in schools).

Interesting decisions ahead 🤔

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Question of the day:

Will school children be required to be vaccinated to attend school at some point next year after the kids vaccine has been approved?

Does the right to an education over rule health and safety (remember it’s already been determined it’s not safe for unvaccinated adults in schools).

This one is easy to answer.

The Govt has guaranteed access to education and essential services for the unvaccinated.

The difference between kids and adult teachers is that children can only do what their parents allow them. Teachers can make a choice and leave the job if they feel strongly enough.

But what I would say, is that long term, nothing is set in stone. Look at this new disease detected in SA and consider that if it is as bad as predicted, will change the rules yet again....as will the next mutation.

We are lurching slowly towards mandates for all. You can see it coming with this virus, because the virus is not losing, we are....and how long can the world afford to be humbled by a disease? how long can the world sustain a permanent state of crisis?

I know one thing, that time frame is not forever.

Reactions: PullinTeeth

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
It’s exploding in the bay… no talk of locking down though.

A lot of fear in the community but this is living with Covid!
So people are afraid of Aucklanders walking amongst them. Chances are over Christmas I'm more likely to catch covid from someone in the Bay of Plenty than in Auckland.

Silly statement? Well in Auckland I've been stuck at home for 4 months. Have not even been to the super market. Up until retail opening with masks I've only been into one or two stores, a chemist(s). The rest were a few things ordered from the shop front which was probably only the bakery and Indian restaurant and Nando's. Since retail has opened up its been a few trips to two different Warehouse stores, 2 x shops getting work done on the car and to Mitre 10 to get something for some work getting done at the house. Then its dropping off the kids and picking them up from school. All of that with masks mind you so precautions in place.

Most Aucklanders would be similar. Barely been out and relying on deliveries.

Now come Christmas time we will be getting some freedoms and entering areas with covid spreading and people who have been mixing more than Aucklanders have.

I get that Auckland opening up may spread it more but this fear and panic like its going to flood every area doesn't add up. The active cases will be isolated at home or MIQ facilities, a lot who feel unwell will likely stay home, people will asses their own situation. You can also use the argument on why its unfair to change systems cause certain sections of the population can't get vaccinated the other way. If they can't afford to get to a vaccination centre, one car etc. They are likely to stay home cause they can't afford to travel or need to stay back and work.

My Christmas in the Bay of Plenty will be in a small town maybe with a few stops during travel. The likely time we will hit a larger population would be to the next town to go to the sops or the beach. A lot of Aucklanders will likely just be stocking up and going to a batch for a few quiet days.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Question of the day:

Might depend on the age group it might be easier to push thing on older age groups. They need more time onsite in classes to prepare for exams so schooling is more important.

The younger ones they might thing Zoom calls are sufficient. As a parent of two kids under 10 the Zoom calls can't continue long term. My kids have gone from full days to 30 minutes a day. Currently doing 2-3 days with 30 minute Zoom calls on the off days. The older one luckily gets a second 30 minute session.

The other thing not known with Auckland and the traffic light system as it may not have been scoped at the time they organised it or well known. We go into the traffic light system but the schools are still under the same restrictions as now. That then has a flow on effect on our working situation as we have a kid at home everyday.

Reactions: Viking

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Reactions: Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Gee, that South African video Rizzah Rizzah posted is amazing on lots of levels.

Compare this event to the last two mutations, the main ones, MU and Delta plus. Neither of those strains called for an emergency open media crisis talk from any country, trying to warn the world immediately of the potential super threat.

Not even Delta did this. Although to be fair, India did try to tell us, but only the media were really paying attention.

That video gave us some very unique insights into a Corona virus war room...that scene in the contagion style movie where the Pollies and experts are huddled together and are making extraordinary claims.

If you want to know what Bloomfield and the ministers do, this is a behind closed doors look inside.

First these guys get swamped by reports that Covid is kicking off.

Then they get all these calls from Labs saying...shit it is the new mutant we are picking up everywhere.

Then they panic (they are not saying panic...but that video is what panick looks like). As the data comes in....they contact EVERYBODY. Well done South Africa. Well done for calling in all your experts and putting them on the numbers for sixteen hours straight then ringing the WHO and saying Guess what mofos...look at this shit....

Incredible.

Then they have the sense and humility to convene a audience to the world and openly put all their reputations on the line by saying you all need to know about this new Pandemic headed your way.

Wow. Just wow.

And we have snivelling little wankers in basements all over the world trying to attack these types of people to make themselves feel self important.

I guess the worst thing about this strain in principle is the ten mutations to the receptor binding site,where Beta had three, and Delta had two.
Then the genome has changed over thirty times to the spike protein.
it is turning into some freak and in one generation.

Last edited:

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Tongue in cheek here.

Leo seems almost lucid/sober. I wonder if he actually wrote this?

Hardcase timing with what is happening in SA.

Good on him though, I support anyone that is pro treatment and takes a positive outlook.

We just pray this South African situation is not vaccine resistant, it is a beast.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
This photo from the Leo Molloy article made me laugh. Even the Sith have a rule of two this poor guy is all by himself. A bit different to the big marches a few weeks ago. Maybe this guy didn't get the memo or this way is a lot less stressful.

protester.JPG

Wrestling fans might be aware of lonely Virgil. At all the conventions at a table by himself with no one around. If you approach him he acts like a star and tries to get money off you.

virgil.JPG

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Sup42 Sup42 Do you think Ashley Bloomfield and Jacinda are following what's happening in South Africa?
100% bro.

There is a whole body of scientists tasked with tracking what is happening around the world.

Same with vaccines....a panel watching the rest of the world.

Bloomfield from what I have seen is always up to date, thanks to his panel of advisor’s.

Adern is very up to date for a political leader...even if the policies are not.

Souxie Wiles does this work for them specifically, she has said so multiple times in the media...that our Covid response is planned for the emergence of vaccine resistance and that we monitor outbreaks for signs of it..in which case the border will be temporarily completely closed if it is very serious.

She reckoned we will shut down and re look at vaccinating kids first....if a nightmare variant appears.....that was before we were living with covid tho...so all subject to change.

The point being....we are actually looking for this type of story coming out of SA and have been looking for it, for a long long time.

Reactions: DavidMcKay1974

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
As I have posted before, We have a daughter in Brisbane who is an anti vaxxer. She also thinks Pete Evans is the Messiah.

Our 5 year old grandson will definitely not be getting vaccinated even when it is approved for young children according to his mother. The rest of the immediate family are all double vaxxed

I'm stuck here in NZ but my wife is in Brisbane, not in the same residence as our daughter but not far away. This situation is causing some severe angst amongst the family.

I try and maintain the zoom calls but the conversation always seems to swing back to Covid and end up ugly. Her sisters have refused to talk to her which is sad. There is a very real possibility in the next month she will have to leave a very well paying job due to no jab, no job rules and rely on state support along with the bank of mum and dad.

Despite the risk, my wife and I think the only way she will ever get the message is to get a dose of it, which seems more likely than not.

If you don't mind sharing, do you have any idea where your daughters views have come from? Is there any specific quality that she always had growing up that may have made her more susceptible to these kind of beliefs, or is this a more recent change?

I have a good longtime mate who also lives in Brisbane, funny enough, who I've recently found out is a borderline conspiracy theorist. It is something that I never saw coming and has left me feeling quite confused and ...sad? Strange and hard to explain. He had previously come across as hesitant about the vaccine and also about the seriousness of Covid, but it was only in the last few weeks that we had a proper chat about it. The first chat went well - I approached it as an opportunity for him to share his feelings and not feel judged for them. He essentially explained that he isn't anti-vax but wanted to wait longer for there to be more learnings from vaccine uptake, and that he was morally opposed to mandated vaccines (he mentioned his concern that his workplace may follow through with this and he'd be out of a job). I sympathized with his concerns and tried to provide some reassurances about the general situation. He messaged me the next day and thanked me for the chat, and allowing him to be heard and not judged. I felt great.

A week or so later we have another chat, but this time his feelings were far more overt and it came out that he definitely isn't having the vaccine, the impacts of Covid have been inflated, and it is all probably being manipulated by the rich. He believes the scientists and doctors who support the vaccine and widely acknowledge facts have possibly been bought out by higher powers - so you just can't trust anything being reported and he'll back himself to get through.

The chat became quite awkward after that and I decided to drop it and move onto something way less contentious. The next day I read a great article online that covered a lot of the concerns he had raised and was about to send it to him - but then I decided the chances he would read it or believe it or understand it the way I do was slim. I didn't want to let this topic rule our friendship or have him feel like I wanted to change him. Of course I do, and the whole issue is clearly playing on my mind like crazy.

I'm still struggling to fully understand where his feelings have come from, but figure ultimately it is a trust issue that he has. Maybe a little too much listening to Rage Against the Machine growing up, haha.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
If you don't mind sharing, do you have any idea where your daughters views have come from? Is there any specific quality that she always had growing up that may have made her more susceptible to these kind of beliefs, or is this a more recent change?

I have a good long time mate who also lives in Brisbane, funny enough, who I've recently found out is a borderline conspiracy theorist. It is something that I never saw coming and has left me feeling quite confused and ...sad? Strange and hard to explain. He had previously come across as hesitant about the vaccine and also about the seriousness of Covid, but it was only in the last few weeks that we had a proper chat about it. The first chat went well - I approached it as an opportunity for him to share his feelings and not feel judged for them. He essentially explained that he isn't anti-vax but wanted to wait longer for there to be more learnings from vaccine uptake, and that he was morally opposed to mandated vaccines (he mentioned his concern that his workplace may follow through with this and he'd be out of a job). I sympathized with his concerns and tried to provide some reassurances about the general situation. He messaged me the next day and thanked me for the chat, and allowing him to be heard and not judged. I felt great.

A week or so later we have another chat, but this time his feelings were far more overt and it came out that he definitely isn't having the vaccine, the impacts of Covid have been inflated, and it is all probably being manipulated by the rich. He believes the scientists and doctors who support the vaccine and widely acknowledge facts have possibly been bought out by higher powers - so you just can't trust anything being reported and he'll back himself to get through.

The chat became quite awkward after that and I decided to drop it and move onto something way less contentious. The next day I read a great article online that covered a lot of the concerns he had raised and was about to send it to him - but then I decided the chances he would read it or believe it or understand it the way I do was slim. I didn't want to let this topic rule our friendship or have him feel like I wanted to change him. Of course I do, and the whole issue is clearly playing on my mind like crazy.

I'm still struggling to fully understand where his feelings have come from, but figure ultimately it is a trust issue that he has. Maybe a little too much listening to Rage Against the Machine growing up, haha.

Hi bro.

What you describe by your friend is familiar to me. You did a good thing being supportive and listening. Often times people will only share a bit of what they think when you do that.

Then if they really trust you...the next time...if there is any views they know sound crazy....they will feel safe to share them....which reinforces that you did a good job that first interaction.

There is an actual mental illness going on here. And it is amplifying. growing day on day.

People have gone mad since the arrival of the internet, and in times of crisis they are going mad even further and faster.....

The Mental health system is going to have one unsolvable job in future. There are just too many crazy people.

Which will therefore drive change in the way the mental health system works...because it will have to change.

Madness will become the norm...therefore the psych system will have to become less concerned with symptoms and more concerned with the feeling of well being.

A world where it is okay to be happily mad...as long as it stays happily....sorry I went off on a tangent there...but I see it coming....a pandemic of lunacy.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

Changing the subject is good.

My brother went to the Capital of the US on the 6th of January. I had to tell him to stop posting photos of himself in the crowd.

He is not an idiot, but he is behaving like an idiot because he is a member of MAGA.

We did not talk for quite a while, I needed a break from it. Recently we caught up, my parents are in America so the family have been zooming a lot.

Interesting revelations have come out of this trip. Turns out I am descended from one of the first pilgrims from the Mayflowers first trip, an actual American historical figure...It made me think about all the bad mouthing I do about some Americans...they do my head in..they worry me....oh so I better start saying Happy Thanksgiving everyone...

Might go out and buy a red pick up....get some guns...go join Bishop Tamaki....ahhh you cannot pick your relations.....I hope your girl is ok..some things are more important than politics among people.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
A new variant in Africa is interesting/surprising. Not that there is a new variant or Africa as we have had discussions on the impact covid could have there.

The reason being recently I saw an article how it was peculiar how covid was struggling there and some of the reasoning was the temperatures and people living in dispersed distances so were naturally social distanced. That may have been for a specific country within Africa.

Reactions: Sup42

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings