Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Stay safe up there Sup42 Sup42
Thanks bro.

We are actually in self isolation again. Waiting on test results. The person I live with who works with at risk youth came home with a tale about a kid who was sick, refusing to wear a mask and refusing to get tested....same kid is not vaccinated and from Hamilton’s hot spot.

We have a couple of people here who are now symptomatic. But not interested in getting the nasal swab....having had tests a few times now. We have supplies for a month without going out.

Fortunately the sickest person in the house is also the person who got tested (the youth worker).

So....if they are negative the rest of us will not worry about it. If they are positive then obviously we will all get tested.

It may be the Flu. It seems reasonable to base the next decisions off what happens with that highly symptomatic persons test results.

I have been tested before and posted in here about that.

If I get symptoms I will go and get tested anyway.

The workers in the house just happened to be on annual leave for three weeks when this started.

I am so thankful I have the food plan now.

The weird thing is that the Huntly rumour mill has been going in the background.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Thanks bro.

We are actually in self isolation again. Waiting on test results. The person I live with who works with at risk youth came home with a tale about a kid who was sick, refusing to wear a mask and refusing to get tested....same kid is not vaccinated and from Hamilton’s hot spot.

We have a couple of people here who are now symptomatic. But not interested in getting the nasal swab....having had tests a few times now. We have supplies for a month without going out.

Fortunately the sickest person in the house is also the person who got tested (the youth worker).

So....if they are negative the rest of us will not worry about it. If they are positive then obviously we will all get tested.

It may be the Flu. It seems reasonable to base the next decisions off what happens with that highly symptomatic persons test results.

I have been tested before and posted in here about that.

If I get symptoms I will go and get tested anyway.

The workers in the house just happened to be on annual leave for three weeks when this started.

I am so thankful I have the food plan now.

The weird thing is that the Huntly rumour mill has been going in the background.
Stay safe Buddy

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Stay safe Buddy

Thanks.

Honestly I have a great deal of faith in the vaccine, so I am not worried at all. I know that sounds like bravado, but it is true.

No one is really worryingly sick here. Only one person is looking like they have a decent cold. The other two are so mild they might be making up their symptoms based off the psychology of Covid.

And the other two, me an my nephew are completely A symptomatic so....

I have to say after a while, every time someone gets a cold, you start to feel like a fake for posting online about it.

But who cares, shit happens, cry wolf and false alarms are inevitable in times like these I am sure some of us here know exactly what I am talking about and ignored the signs and continued on as normal (no judgement from me).

Last edited:

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
What an amazing family for sharing such a powerful personal story.

Just an average family. A dead body in the house....poor old dad. And mum dying on the couch.

• Wow
Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Honestly I have a great deal of faith in the vaccine, so I am not worried at all. I know that sounds like bravado, but it is true.
I agree.

I heard of a breakthrough case the other day. The woman got picked up on a routine antigen test (yes they do have them here!!) totally asymptomatic, obese, heavy drinker, and due for a booster...caught from her un vaccinated daughter...and does not appear to have passed it to anybody.

Made me feel good.

Has anybody blamed the serious issue of kids getting infected on the anti vaxxers...cos they bloody well should. It is like two worlds out there and it was about time the PC crowd got real.

Dave Brough

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 24, 2014
Power to the people.

It turns out that the German people have changed their minds about vaccine mandates.

Now the majority support the Govt making the vaccine mandatory.

Turns out that when you have a fourth Tsunami the people start saying to themselves fuck this and fuck you too.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F

Reactions: john nick and bruce

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
This anti vaxx thing is starting to piss me off. If I were a parent I would be fuming.
What do you mean starting to piss you off Bruce.

You have been even more agro than my native ways....man if I was picking people to go to war, even tho you are old, I would put you on my war council first! btw I am old too...which is probably why I agree with you on a lot of stuff!

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I agree.

I heard of a breakthrough case the other day. The woman got picked up on a routine antigen test (yes they do have them here!!) totally asymptomatic, obese, heavy drinker, and due for a booster...caught from her un vaccinated daughter...and does not appear to have passed it to anybody.

Made me feel good.

Has anybody blamed the serious issue of kids getting infected on the anti vaxxers...cos they bloody well should. It is like two worlds out there and it was about time the PC crowd got real.

The way I see it, is that what is happening in Austria will quickly move from being radical to a norm.

If we think about this pandemic honestly, we should know by now...that Europe’s devastating fourth wave, is going to be followed by several others if the mandates are left as they are.

I have tried to make this point to our antivaxxers in this thread.

No country in the world is going to let Antivaxxers fuck us all over till wave ten.

They just won't.

For one no country can afford the billions for ten waves.

And no country can retain health staff for ten waves.

So what does this leave?

Mandatory vaccines for all or get stuffed.

This is evolution we are talking about here...this is a disease that wants to be around for at least one hundred years...hopefully centuries...like other diseases...ideally Covid wants to keep things as they are for a thousand years.

So who can afford to live like this forever?

No one.

Sorry Antivaxxers, your fate is already written.

DavidMcKay1974

Warriors 1st Grader
Aug 28, 2013
I've just finished talking to my old flatmate who I used to flat with in Porirua up until last year, she's a school teacher.

She told me that only 1 teacher at her primary school has not been vacincated and so the school has had to place that teacher elsewhere, not on school grounds.

And only two members of my flat mates immediate family have not been vaccinated yet and that's a family around the mid 30's. Her and her sisters and brother and mother and neices and nephews. Yes they are Maori and yes most of them bar two are double vaccinated, so that's good news.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I've just finished talking to my old flatmate who I used to flat with in Porirua up until last year, she's a school teacher.

She told me that only 1 teacher at her primary school has not been vacincated and so the school has had to place that teacher elsewhere, not on school grounds.

And only two members of my flat mates immediate family have not been vaccinated yet and that's a family around the mid 30's. Her and her sisters and brother and mother and neices and nephews. Yes they are Maori and yes most of them bar two are double vaccinated, so that's good news.

My work has given us to January to vaccinate or else you will be voiding your employment on safety grounds and will have your contract terminated. I’m vaccinated so personally not effected but there is a part of me that feels for those who will lose their jobs but they’ve also had plenty of warning and made the choice knowing the consequences

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

My sister went to a birthday dinner the other night with her best friend who is a hard core antivaxxer.

I get all huffy and puffy in here on the subject, but in real life I am far more understanding.

I was glad she went, she is fully vaccinated, and this is the reality we are living in.

One thing Crow raises a lot is the discrimination against the unvaxxed. I think he is seeing what we write here and assuming it is how things operate in the real world, when in fact probably few families are cutting off or out their unvaxxed members.

And that would be because of the fundamental principle that the vast majoity of people who get vaccinated are also the personality type to care about the welfare of others...and therefore will wish the unvaccinated who they care for well.,,,,,,and will probably place themselves at risk to protect the Antivaxxers emotionally and socially etc.

Swanley

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK

Death of a patient with COVID-19​

Sadly, today we are reporting the COVID-19-related death of a patient at Auckland City Hospital yesterday afternoon.

The patient, who was in their late 50s, was admitted to Auckland City Hospital on 5 November 2021.

Our thoughts are with the patient’s whānau and friends at this deeply sad time.
I guess that's my mate....

DavidMcKay1974

Warriors 1st Grader
Aug 28, 2013
Early today - just to get them out of the road.

I guess I failed to recognize that yesterday was 100 days that Auckland had been in Level 4 and Level 3 Lockdown. My bad. 65 days in Level 3 and 35 days in Level 4.

So that makes today 101 days in Lockdown. Day 66 of Level 3. 1 More week to go and you'll be in Red, just with more freedoms.

Anyway apart from Auckland.

637 Days since Covid has been in NZ.

510 Days since Covid returned after first elimination

66 Days of Auckland being in Level 3 like I said before

38 Days of Northland being back in Level 2

15 Days of the Far North being back in Level 2

10 Days of the Waikato being back in Level 2

80 whole days the rest of the Country, South of Northland, Auckland and Waikato being in Level 2.

And like I said before 1 more week left of the Level system. But I read yesterday that if the Traffic Light System does not work, they could revert back to the trusted Level systems. I found that telling. They aren't even sure the Traffic Light System is going to work fully. Only time will tell I suppose.

7660 Community Cases

Auckland 7088

Waikato 393

Northland 74

Bay of Plenty 39

Lakes 25

Wellington 18

Christchurch 8

Taranaki 6

Mid Central 5

Wairarapa 3

Nelson 1

I hope some of you managed to get your hair cut yesterday and tried out the Covid Pass.

Enjoy your Friday everyone. 1 more week left of the Level system.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
One thing Crow raises a lot is the discrimination against the unvaxxed. I think he is seeing what we write here and assuming it is how things operate in the real world, when in fact probably few families are cutting off or out their unvaxxed members.
I’m convinced the Crow isn’t an RL fan at all, but an agitator from who knows where. His/their aim is to unsettle people. Joined in June last year which is suspicious.

I’ve seen it before on another forum, normally that type agitate with extreme politics.

If he isn’t he’s an enormous bellend instead

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings