General Conspiracy Theory

TheBigHitter_old

Ive been toying with posting this for a while but after tonights performance by the officials i truly believe the NRL does not want us to finish 4th

why

because the 4th vs 5th final is on a friday night,.

meaning that it will screw with the tv coverage, A 7:30pm kick off would be 5:30pm in australia interupting their news and wouldnt be in the prime time spot. Before you tell me to put my tin foil hat on we are talking about BIG money here, the NRL is just televisions bitch .

warrior rok50_old

lol yea that would be nice and since the eels lost to the sharks and have manly next week i think we can get there.

Jesbass_old

Ive been toying with posting this for a while but after tonights performance by the officials i truly believe the NRL does not want us to finish 4th

why

because the 4th vs 5th final is on a friday night,.

meaning that it will screw with the tv coverage, A 7:30pm kick off would be 5:30pm in australia interupting their news and wouldnt be in the prime time spot. Before you tell me to put my tin foil hat on we are talking about BIG money here, the NRL is just televisions bitch .

Which calls are you referring to? There were three calls I thought he got wrong. They were all head high tackles, and two of them were committed by us.

I also thought the video referee made two incorrect calls, but one went our way.

All in all, I thought Cummins had a very good game, especially in light of the recent efforts we've had to witness.

sebastian_old

I think he's refering to last weeks "non" strip against Price, "non" off side near the end of golden point, Wade's send off against the Tigers, the 8-0 2nd half penalty count from that game & finally last & most definitly worst the Wade "no try" against the Cowboys.

If the NRL really we're having a input to the ref's they're fools to try & send us down the ladder, not being biased as i was told by my St-George supporting friend "We are the most entertaining football team to watch in the comp."

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesbass_old

I think he's refering to last weeks "non" strip against Price, "non" off side near the end of golden point, Wade's send off against the Tigers, the 8-0 2nd half penalty count from that game & finally last & most definitly worst the Wade "no try" against the Cowboys.

If the NRL really we're having a input to the ref's they're fools to try & send us down the ladder, not being biased as i was told by my St-George supporting friend "We are the most entertaining football team to watch in the comp."

Nah, he said after the Titans match, (last night), he was convinced tghe officials were biased against us.

Personally, I don't buy it. If we weren't wanted in the NRL, they wouldn't renew our licence before all other clubs. It would also be a rediculous loss from a financial point of view for the NRL. I think this sort of theory is really based on not having seen the incompetence displayed by most referees in most games - including the ones not involving the Warriors.

There is no doubt that we've received some pretty rough officiating, and quite possibly the worst of the lot, but we aren't the only fan base crying out against inept officiating.

westie stylz_old

We get way to paranoid about refs going against the Warriors.

Who heard the Dragons v Rabbitohs radio call on Saturday night?

As soon as Dragons fans found out he was reffing their game they flagged all hope and "knew" the Rabbitohs will win. The Dragons always lose when he has the whistle and the commentators were absolutely giving it to Clark as he came up with an 8-3 penalty count AGAINST the Dragons on their home field including a couple of crucial ones at the end of the game which screwed their chances.

The refs make massive stuffups all the time against all teams. Kent Johns on the evenings on radio sport sums it up. He says that Warriors fans who only really watch the Warriors games need to watch some more games each weekend and then you'll realise that there is NO conspiracy against the Warriors. Every team has refs they don't do well under and refs they hate. While refs make crucial cockups costing teams points and results all the time. I happen to think that at home the Warriors often get more of the decisions going their way than they should.

blain91_old

we could easily be 3rd next week. if the cowboys win only 1 game in 2 weeks, and the eels are playing away against the storm, so they should lose, and if we win it will be

storm
manly
warriors
eels
cowboys.

easy ;)

sportsthought_old

Anyone who thinks ref's or the NRL are bias against the Warriors are 100% dreaming. There is no conspiracy against the Warriors.

For those that do believe the conspiracy theories, I quote a dude from the TV show Survivor: "Paranoia will destroy ya!"

Skinny_Ravs82

At another forum, there is a theory flying about a ref (I won't name who) who some fans believe is denying the Tigers a chance of playoffs. I don't think that same guy reffed their game against the Roosters thou.

I don't think it is a conspiracy as such, but the Warriors do get some rough end calls and srcutinized a bit more then other clubs.

scottyb_old

every team gets rough calls, but a conspiracy theory against us, no way, we are doing well and if u added all calls against us compared to other teams you will find we are the same as every team in the league, and we will still go on to reach th semi's at the least

AmeriKiwi_old

Nice to see they assigned us a decent ref this week... makes for a nice change to get an honest, competent one every now and then.