General Comedy

Spence_old

Alright, who's everyones favourite comedians/comedy shows?

I think Eddie Izzard is amazing.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAOLOGGftTY[/YOUTUBE]

I also find Ricky Gervais very funny, especially when he is with Karl and Steve. HD, do you listen to X FM much?

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zueH_eD0CIU[/YOUTUBE]

Bill Bailey is, of course, the man. And Noel Fielding/Julian Barratt is right up there for me as well.
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz2szNKnsXo[/YOUTUBE]

HD_old

[YOUTUBE]UHJgFJTEHLI[/YOUTUBE]

Preston sulks and walks off Never Mind the Buzzcocks

Spence_old

Yeah, I've seen that episode haha. I like Amstell.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXOu4ePnMM8[/YOUTUBE]

I think this is my favourite clip from the show.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWmNTtJ-OPI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I've never seen his stand up though, is Simon any good?

HD_old

Can't say I've seen it either mate. I actually like his Never Mind the Buzzcocks stuff. But I can see the other side of it, that he's too ruthless with his guests and scares potential guests away lol

My favourite stand ups are Bill Bailey, Sean Lock, Eddie Izzard, Jimmy Carr(alot of people hate his joke a minute style, i like it), Dara O'Briain and Ricky Gervais

I didn't even know Amstell did stand up tbh lol. I'll have a gander tonight

Spence_old

Izzard is great, isn't he? Have you seen the series of lego fan vids people have made? They're wonderful. I don't know Sean Lock, I'll check him out. Gervais' stand up is awesome. I got to see Bailey a few months ago, he's a very funny man.

On Jimmy Carr, I always hated him when he was a presenter, but I saw a video of him doing stand up and I loved it. Very witty.

Spence_old

Yeah, I know what you mean about Amstell, he would scare people away. Not as bad as when Frankie Boyle presented it for a show though, ahaha.

HD_old

Izzard is great, isn't he? Have you seen the series of lego fan vids people have made? They're wonderful. I don't know Sean Lock, I'll check him out. Gervais' stand up is awesome. I got to see Bailey a few months ago, he's a very funny man.

On Jimmy Carr, I always hated him when he was a presenter, but I saw a video of him doing stand up and I loved it. Very witty.

LOL i've seen the videos you mean. Atleast I've seen the deathstar canteen one. And that whole show is probably my favourite of his.

When I first saw him my reaction was :eek:hwell: Based on looks I wasn't expecting much in the way of intelligent witty humour. Definately one of my favourites after viewing

Iw onder which Bill Bailey you saw? His latest standup, from last year, I really didn't rate. I enjoy his style of humour but thought he relied too much on his instruments and more gimmiky type of humour. Part Troll is my favourite, balance was just right with that

If you rate Bill, you should rate Sean Lock. Imagine Bill BAiley without the instruments and insanity. And that's Sean Lock. They're actually friends from way back, and are real similar.

[YOUTUBE]TfFSxyrCnLk[/YOUTUBE]

One of my favourite Sean clips, bagging out childrens acting on Big Fat Quiz of the year

[YOUTUBE]uJpD1DfMtkY[/YOUTUBE]​

^ That's Locks first live show from about 2 years back. If you double click the youtube vid it will take you to Youtube and you can bookmark the other parts of the show

"I've got an appendix, I never use it!" :pop2:

Jesbass_old

Can't see any of the videos you've posted, but on the comedians you've mentioned...

Bill Bailey is of course a legend, whether that be standup or Black Books or QI.

I'm not a big Jimmy Carr fan, but there's an awesome video of him absolutely demolishing a heckler. Incredibly fast and witty.

Gervais is a mixed bag for me. I own a couple of his DVDs, but to be honest, I think his scripted work is better in The Office and Extras.

Izzard is a genius. I think I might even rank him at the top. His comedy is incredibly intelligent. Gags like the Death Star Canteen are of course famous, but I also love his history of the world with Britain trying to claim India with the use of a flag, and so on.

Chris Rock: Never Scared is a brilliant show if you don't mind the unsavoury content.

And someone else who I also really rate is Bill Cosby. His standup comedy is genius, and he's super clean, too. You can find gags from his Himself show on YouTube from the 1980s. His Dentist and Natural Child Birth gags are brilliant, and I quite enjoy his Noah one from way back in the 1960s. There's also one of him playing drums from the 1960s - very funny stuff.

Oh...which reminds me of Rowan Atkinson. Another intelligent comedian, even though he often puts on layman sketches. His invisible drum kit and the one about the three guests at his wedding are great.

HD_old

Is there a reason you can't see the videos. Youtube not working or videos blocked by country?

If we're mentioning Americans then I like Robin Williams and Bill Hicks. There's also 2 great comedians from America who feature alot on British tv shows. Rich Hall and Reginald D Hunter are both great. I actually got the chance to see Reginald a few months back live and he was bloody awesome.

Rich Hall is the guy Moe from the Simpsons is based on :)

Spence_old

On Eddie Izzard, I too was taken aback when I first saw him, but I soon got it over when he started busting out the jokes. My favourite line of his: "You killed 100,000 people?! You must get up very early in the morning".

Jesbass_old

On Eddie Izzard, I too was taken aback when I first saw him, but I soon got it over when he started busting out the jokes. My favourite line of his: "You killed 100,000 people?! You must get up very early in the morning".

Haha...was that Pol Pot? I remember the punchline.

Jesbass_old

Wow. I have no idea how I missed Russell Peters! Racial stereo typical comedy at its best.

HD_old

I've got £100 in my pocket that says his popularity would be minimal if he was black. Him and Sarah Silverman I can't get my head around the appeal. Omid Djalili too. Their popularity exists only because of their ethnicity.

If they were white they'd be banned from television. If they were black people would call them boring and unoriginal.

Give me Chapelle anyday

Jesbass_old

Oh yes - Chapelle is awesome too. Can't believe I'm forgetting so many of these.

I haven't listened to Sarah Silverman or Omid Djalili.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings