Staff Coaching Candidates 2022/23

Tragic

Tragic

This one got my attention
Home stadium and training facilities rating: D

Mt Smart Stadium is one of the poorer venues in the NRL and is in desperate need of a major renovation. They are pushing for their entire fixture next season to be played out of New Zealand.
- exactly who is pushing for all games to be played out of NZ ?
I read that and thought wtf? Then I thought maybe they mean playing the games in. NZ, like Out of Africa is a movie about something in Africa.

Reactions: 1 users

the borg

Hope Mohawk goes to visit Kristian Wolfe on his holiday in the UK
He's about the only coach that can get through to the PI boys which is important. And he has a good record internationally and UK. The NRLs a different beast but I think he'll do well if the club gives him everything he needs...

Reactions: 1 user

PNG Kiwi

I hope they have made their list up, approached all of the coaches agents, and determine the interest of their clients and initial expectations of all of their clients.

That is the starting point and you work from there. But some initial conversations should have started.

No public statements excluding anyone as say Madge may in fact make a good assistant coach, just like SK is now, a lot of knowledge but not the responsibility of head coach and associated politics.

Reactions: 3 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

I'd rather bend the rules or even cheat the cap to get a premiership than win the spoon honestly.
Can you imagine the Absolute Mountain of Shit the Warriors would be in if we did that?!

Expulsion.

And I'd never support the Warriors (or any team that rose from the ashes of the Warriors) that included any of the "ownership team" or "management team" again.

At least when the Warriors got busted for breaking the salary cap in late 2005:
They owned up to it.
It was acknowledged by everyone that it was, basically, the Warriors being dumb.

As opposed to the Bulldogs and Storm and probably the Eels, where it was quite obviously deliberate.

And no even semi-decent coach would want to come here. We aren't in that situation with the Salary Cap and 3rd Party Agreements, now, are we?! That would be the smelly, poisonous cream poured over the shitty, old, ugly, dessert that this season is quickly becoming.

Last edited:
mrblonde

mrblonde

This one got my attention
Home stadium and training facilities rating: D

Mt Smart Stadium is one of the poorer venues in the NRL and is in desperate need of a major renovation. They are pushing for their entire fixture next season to be played out of New Zealand.
- exactly who is pushing for all games to be played out of NZ ?
Our good friend Cameron. And maybe Mr Self-Identified Alpha Male.

I'd be telling both of 'em No.

Reactions: 2 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

That suggestion of every game played in NZ from a while back is too gimmicky. I enjoy watching us play at some of the decent Aus stadiums like Suncorp and Cbus. Maybe a game in Hamilton, Wellington and Dunedin's Forsyth Barr if other teams want to take their games there, but no more than 3 extra would sit about right.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
That suggestion of every game played in NZ from a while back is too gimmicky. I enjoy watching us play at some of the decent Aus stadiums like Suncorp and Cbus. Maybe a game in Hamilton, Wellington and Dunedin's Forsyth Barr if other teams want to take their games there, but no more than 3 extra would sit about right.
Nah, MSS is the home. That is if the useless Auckland Council are prepared to spend some money.

Sup42

Sup42

Has he eliminated Paul Green yet?
I suspect he has alienated everyone all the same.
No one wants to work for a unreasonable Pratt who gets in fights with employees and shoots his mouth off in the press.

Reactions: 6 users
Diesel

Diesel

Seeing how the wheels are falling off the club, I hope he takes a good hard look at the management of the club… ownership AND management

Swanny

Seeing how the wheels are falling off the club, I hope he takes a good hard look at the management of the club… ownership AND management
It’s interesting that everyone is anti George and Robinson. Without the funding from Robinson the club is stuffed. The fact that he is willing to spend on a SG Ball side and reserve grade side, as well as a NRWL side indicates that he is serious about league in NZ. He almost reminds me of the NBA owners in the states, who are lunatics with too much money. I also think it’s funny how George is viewed here. The guy is the CEO, not the recruitment officer. Yes he spoke up on the Shaun Johnson situation, but that was seemingly in support of POS who came in with an agenda. At the moment the NRL is funding all of the Warriors costs in Oz which suggests that maybe George has some business skills. I will always support the Warriors so maybe I am an eternal optimist!

Reactions: 16 users
Hadyn

Hadyn

I'd rather bend the rules or even cheat the cap to get a premiership than win the spoon honestly.
Roosters and the Storm do it all the time and everybody thinks they are wonderful and extremely professional.

Reactions: 4 users

J_P

Our good friend Cameron. And maybe Mr Self-Identified Alpha Male.

I'd be telling both of 'em No.
They don't just mean all games in Auckland. They would be pitching the idea of having games around nz. Makes sense if nrl want to expand the game. But nrl are far too shortsighted to see this as seen by their actions around state of origin and international games.

Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon

It’s interesting that everyone is anti George and Robinson. Without the funding from Robinson the club is stuffed. The fact that he is willing to spend on a SG Ball side and reserve grade side, as well as a NRWL side indicates that he is serious about league in NZ.
Mohawk mucked that up because he thinks he knows better, No woman's Warrior side next year, even the NRL were surprised the Warriors didn't want a team in the competition.

• Wow

PNG Kiwi

The guy is a dropkick.
I take it you do not like Boy George Bruce.
I personally think he has interfered where he has been outside his debth, but he has out lasted two coaches and seen them out the door.
Easy for us to see his limitations, but all credit to him in managing in very difficult times and ownership changes, Covid etc.