Danpatmac

Is there a link to the interview?

not yet, just finished.

to sum it up:

1. OG knew.
2. Scurrah is staying... until the end of year review
3. OG wants out
4. McFadden has Watsons long term backing
5. EW has been in plenty of contact with players.
6. He will be taking more direct interest in the club.

2 out of these three have strongly rumoured to have said its either ME or them after the Cronulla loss, before the decision to sack ME was made. There was supposedly another player too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tomkins is playing for the Bulldogs next year. They're still after a quality fullback and now that the Fifita deal is off they have plenty of cash to burn. Tomkins must be wondering what the fuck is going on. He said he came here to prove he can make it in the NRL, and what did he get? A dysfunctional club that is the laughing stock of the NRL. If proving himself is his goal, then getting the fuck off this sinking ship would have to be his priority.

Reactions: ¿N. ig-mah¿

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Is there a link to the interview?

There will be, on the radiosport website. Either later tonight or tomorrow. For now here is Veitch's summary of the interview:

- Eric Watson completely contradicting Owen Glenn's version of events. Glenn was aware of the decision to remove Matt Elliott.
-The board had decided if the Warriors produced another poor performance against the Sharks, Elliott would be move on. Elliott was aware that was likely to happen.
-Eric Watson has also confirmed Owen Glenn wants out from the club..he wants to sell his shares... and Watson is looking to purchase them back or find another backer. -
-Eric Watson has also confirmed Andrew McFadden is the long term coach of the Warriors.. he was being groomed to take over from Elliott next year anyway.
-Watson, also confirming to me, he has spoken to senior players about 'issues' at the club.
- To wrap.. Eric Watson maintains his confidence and trust in Wayne Scurrah for this season. All staff will face a robust post season review...

Circus...management fighting, fans bickering, Gould/Lowe chipping in their comments. Bring on Sunday and some actual footie. One of those games you are sure we will lose by 50 and you turn on the TV at half time and we are killing them. Its the Mac attack time

2 out of these three have strongly rumoured to have said its either ME or them after the Cronulla loss, before the decision to sack ME was made. There was supposedly another player too.
Don't give any names. He deserves anonimity, but what number would be on his back if he were playing right now? (And would the competition logo on the jersey he would be wearing be the same as the logo he wore last time he played?)

Really, think again Nig and don't be a sheep
again???

not yet, just finished.

to sum it up:

1. OG knew.
2. Scurrah is staying... until the end of year review
3. OG wants out
4. McFadden has Watsons long term backing
5. EW has been in plenty of contact with players.
6. He will be taking more direct interest in the club.
thats not what I heard, OGs representative on the board knew but ME was fired the next day. The whole club has lied about Elliot resigning

tajhay

🏉
I actually like Eric Watson and believe he is more paramount to the club than Owen Glenn. He is calm, collected, articulate, and has great business acumen.

Owen Glenn has money, and seems hot tempered and unhinged(well to me anyway). Actually have a look at the Warriors record since Owen Glenn bought into the partnership.

There will be, on the radiosport website. Either later tonight or tomorrow. For now here is Veitch's summary of the interview:

- Eric Watson completely contradicting Owen Glenn's version of events. Glenn was aware of the decision to remove Matt Elliott.
-The board had decided if the Warriors produced another poor performance against the Sharks, Elliott would be move on. Elliott was aware that was likely to happen.
-Eric Watson has also confirmed Owen Glenn wants out from the club..he wants to sell his shares... and Watson is looking to purchase them back or find another backer. -
-Eric Watson has also confirmed Andrew McFadden is the long term coach of the Warriors.. he was being groomed to take over from Elliott next year anyway.
-Watson, also confirming to me, he has spoken to senior players about 'issues' at the club.
- To wrap.. Eric Watson maintains his confidence and trust in Wayne Scurrah for this season. All staff will face a robust post season review...
Didn't Scurrah lead the last review, which cleared him of any and all responsibility. The same again?

ToiletDuck

Administrator
That was a pretty good interview TBH. Eric hasn't lost it.

Yeah, yeah it was. He was uhmm-ing and ahh-ing through a lot of it....wasn't overly happy with Glenn's statement either.

The Warriors are just so retarded in many aspects though, why on earth do they adamantly deny Elliot was pushed, despite repeatedly questioning. There was no harm in Watson saying 'yeah he was going whether he resigned or not'. That at least is honest, and is basically what half of Warriors fans want anyway! I just can't see why it was so important to them that Elliot was seen to have resigned, especially when we all knew that wasn't the case.

Anyway, it at least answered quite a few questions.

Reactions: 1 person
All three are playing in the NRL this week (and its not the captain)
OK, so please cirlce one of the jersey number options below

Prop%202.png

Again, don't say his name.

Last edited by a moderator:
If mutts and co leave I'm voting with my feet. It took me years to forgive Anderson for letting Ali and co leave. They can't just fuck us over whenever they feel like it. We invested a lot of years with heartache.

They owe us a premiership. The least they can do is bring calm to the players. Do they give a fuck that kids idolise Johnson and Hurrell and others? That fans have favourites. The Nrl hounded me for weeks trying to get me to renew my membership this year.

But I resisted because after Round 1 I could smell the possibility of shit hitting the fan with Tomkins and Townsend. But I never predicted this cataclysmic event. Fuck me days. You could die from being a Warriors fan. It should be listed in the top H& S hazards in the monthly flyer..

Reactions: Harlz and mcdenda
He thought the idea of someone like Graham Henry coming in and doing a review was good... would expect that to happen soon!!
Watson said he was way more hands on than he wanted to be at the moment but he would keep being involved until this is sorted.

Reactions: Harlz
Status
Not open for further replies.