General Closing the door on Bruce's door. (1 Viewer)

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I think your quoting facts that you havent proved. I really dont believe he got the club for no money, AND took no debt. There would have been a financial contract as good as money, if no one gave or took money. I dont like the guy, but i guarantee your details about him being gifted the club without the liabilities is a skewed or wrong fact.

But if you have the facts to back your statements, by all means post them and i will take back what i have said. But by the way, a viable enterprise is not the same as a self-financing organisation. You have made a large leap from what i said.
This has all been posted many times before.
What I said about Watson getting the club for nothing was discussed at the NZRL AGM at the time. That is where I got the information. Players such as Stephen Kearney went unpaid by the previous administration, Watson did not pick up any debts, otherwise the players would have been paid. You say you don't believe it, well it happened, go and check it out elsewhere if you like. Close the door on the way out.:rolleyes:

Reactions: demco

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Sorry, will try to read better. I can also help you with your maths. A few sample points do not constitute proof of a statistically significant improvement. An easy illustration of this is that you can probably look through any players stats on any given year and see spikes and dips. Doesn't mean they were necessarily improving or getting worse at these times, as you can't differentiate such one of measures from natural variability.
Like I said, do some reading and then get back to me. Close the door on the way out.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
No, I posed the question as to whether the evidence presented suggested porkies.
Well do some reading and tell me the answer. Close the door on the way out.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Bruce I don't want to get into petty semantic arguments.

The other day you implied that my opinion was of limited value due to may lack of Rugby League experience. While I do think each opinion should be judged on what it says rather than who is saying it, I am more than happy to admit I am naive about a number of aspects of Rugby League due to not having played the game.

Indeed, I have learned much about the operations of the Warriors from those on this forum, including yourself. That is a good thing. I am happy about it!

Mathematics happens to be an area where I can contribute. I did look at the link you sent.

And it is just that. A link to a single game. Regardless of whether it applies to the last few games the mathematical point is this,

If a player shows higher numbers over a small number of appearances, that is not sufficient evidence to say that he has improved. At that point they can only be consided as random samples from his population distribution. In the fullness of time (read samples) it will emerge that he has become significantly worse, better, or remained the same.

So when such numbers are offered up as evidence of improvement, it is a misuse of them. It is the statistical equivalent of showing you have played no games on the mathematics field :)

Many coaches at the highest level are unaware of this, and often misuse statistics in this exact same way. In fact it is common in many other fields where people don't have scientific backgrounds.

Now, don't get me wrong. This is not my opinion, but mathematical fact.

Just trying to help out where I can :) You too can learn things. That's ok. Please don't be angry.
I told you do do some reading. If you had done you would have seen this:
Their averages are very poor, including for this season. They should not have been signed on those performances.
However I have been watching them for a few games now and their carries are improving as the season progresses.
You won't find that in the stats unless you check for a few games back, game by game.
I am well acquainted with statistics, I have studied the subject at university.
Now like I said go and do some reading, and tell me exactly where you disagree and why.
Then you may have something to contribute, and inferring my stats are porkies is not contributing.
Close the door on the way out, and next time knock before you enter.

• Haha
Reactions: BeastMode

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Where are the stats to support your argument? I'm yet to see them.
Heyzeuss spare me. I posted the link when Tahjay first asked.
Go to NRL.com player stats. Tahjay preferred Warriors stats, which only showed their averages, which are shite. This is a recent trend in the past few weeks, when they have been losing.
The trouble is to see the trend you have to look at about 8 games going back, and then check every game after that. It takes bit of effort that is why nobody is doing it.
Also for that dude who you are supporting with your smart arsed comments, and who claims to know about stats. Stats are about trends. How reliable those trends are is another question, but there is definitely a trend there, go find it, and shut the f...king door on the way out.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
1. You have no right to tell other members to shut the fucking door on the way out, or patronise them when you are the one getting defensive over the gaping holes in all your arguments. Understand that.
2. Not going to bother talking about stats with you. Its a pointless exercise.
I object to people accusing me of porkies. They start that it is open season.
I mentioned a trend I had seen with Vete, Afoa and more recently Lisone. I offered Lisone's stats from at least one game if I recall but I had seen others as well. I am always looking at match stats
OK I could only find the time to quote from one game, but given his averages that itself was significant. Any deviation from the average is significant, especially if it is more than once and recently, and in conjunction with other young forwards in games the team actually played poorly in.
Did you go and check the individual stats like I suggested you do?
My guess is you didn't bother because it is not easy and takes time.
I can understand that, but it doesn't give you the right to back up people accusing me of porkies. Does it?
The key thing is that everybody is on Kearney's back giving him the blame for a terrible season.
I was trying to highlight a small improvement I had seen, that if it continues means we might be getting a more dominant pack next season.
You want this to be an informative website? Well don't rubbish people suggesting statistics without checking them out first.
Got it???

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This is a very small sample size to draw a conclusion from. He ran for 7m one game and then 10m the next game therefore - improvement......but what if he drops down to 8m per carry against the Raiders? Is he suddenly not improving? What you're describing is a series of spikes that come to every player, every week, which doesn't take into account dozens of things that can impact a football game or individual statistics. Need a much larger sample size to draw any real trend.

Lisone's metres per carry this year (rounded to the nearest .5)
10m, 7.5m, 8.5m, 8.5m, 8.5m, 9m, 10.5m, 9.5m, 9m, 5m, 10m, 8.5m, 9.5m, 8.5m, 11.5m, 7.5m, 8m, 7m, 10.5m

One could argue that his consistency has dropped away as the season has progressed, but really to even start scratching the surface of whether SK himself has made the difference we have to look at last year. Not sure how he can "without argument" be heading in the right direction when 3 of his weaker efforts are sandwiched between two of his better ones.

Lisone's metres per carry in 2016 (rounded to the nearest .5)
8.5m, 9m, 7.5m, 10m, 9m, 10.5, 7.5m, 9m, 9.5m, 9.5m, 8.5m, 7m, 8m, 6m, 9m, 9m, 11m, 10m, 9.5m, 11.5m, 8m

If anything I would argue that he ended last season stronger than anything he's produced this season. You could also argue that aside from a few one off spikes in either direction he's maintained a reasonable level of consistency this season in terms of metres per carry.

Of course I would be wrong to argue that either way because in sport a single statistic in one element of the game really means jack considering the large amounts of moving parts that make up an entire game. To get any actual worth out of these statistics we would need to consider minutes played, possession flow when he was on the field, total metres and hit ups, location of hit ups, strength of opposition, game venue, and about a dozen other variables to have any hope of statistically proving beyond debate anything of worth that revolves around measurable improvement.

Feel free to feed the cat, lock the windows, and turn off the porch light on your way out. Don't worry about the door, I don't mind the breeze.
What about the stats for Vete and Afoa, and the general increase in yardage, especially against the Cowboys. You are just on a shit stirring troll instead of discussing the issue. That issue is that this forward pack is getting go forward at last.
Another view on the Warriors that includes SK
Brilliant article, A must read, especially about the trip to Newcastle. Combine that with what Chris Rattue obviously knows and it explains why nobody wants to come here.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Rorting is systematically circumventing the cap to gain an advantage. They did no such thing.

They went over the cap based on bonuses they weren't expecting to pay.

Disregarding Sheens ability as a coach based on that is not only foolish, but not surprising.
I never disregarded Sheen ability as a coach, just the opposite. Stop stirring up trouble and close the door on the way out. I forgot to add dipstick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings