General Climate change

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
As I posted earlier, we're fucked unless the other punters in the world toe the line and I can't see that happening in my lifetime.

Too much happening in China, USA, Brazil, Russia (or what's left of it) plus their adherents like Australia with their coal.

We are such small fry in the overall scheme of things so no need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist here.

Our 0.0000001 % is actually 5/10ths of fuck all in the world. A heap of virtue signaling going on and if anyone like Greta disses us in future, they can fuck right off.
Plus, totally hypocritical for our Govt to be banging on about Green measures while bringing in 1m tonne of dirty coal . Unbelievable they don't get called out on that.

We're not perfect but by heck we are a lot better and have more responsibility on the issue than a lot of our peers.

As I said earlier, mother nature will clean up this mess and she won't worry too much about us in the process.
Genesis has been importing coal for 20 years to my knowledge so nothing new or down to the current government

Reactions: bruce

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Genesis has been importing coal for 20 years to my knowledge so nothing new or down to the current government
True. We were actually importing coal when we commissioned the station because our coal was too hard on the gear. Gas was easier. The crap imported coal is actually softer so the crushers and handling gear don't break down so much as using the local product.

But, nowhere near the volumes we are bringing in now. Banning further gas exploration was a mistake as we have no viable greener alternative yet. More virtue signaling than common sense.

NZ has some of the finest coal reserves in the world BTU/Tonne but we can't mine it.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Not global warming, Solar flares this time.

There was an event called the Carrington event in the 1950s that this video goes into, named after the man who linked the bizarre lights in the atmosphere and the impact on electrical devices to a solar flare from the sun.

We are due another big one. How that plays our depends on how much warning time we have, and how well we have prepared to take things like the electrical Grid and all other electricity powered systems off line for a day or two.

Worst estimates are that it would wreck major power infrastructure to the tune of a ten year rebuild. That scenario does not bear thinking about.

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
This, Sup42 Sup42 is why experts and professional are not believed anymore.

Why the climate debate is ignored. Why antivaxers have a platform. Why Trumps are enabled. Why the public shrug and don’t care about serious media stories…

Short term sensationalism in the media has undermined the long term credibility of the messagers and opened pathways to alternative information sources.
"You can Google for information, but you can't Google for understanding"
- Jay Windley

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020
Global Warming, Covid19, Recycling etc are all things that do not interest me :) - It's all a load off bull crap. My wife always gets annoyed at me because I do not recycle etc. Its all rubbish to me. We pay too many taxes, and too much on rates to be doing things to help the local councils etc out. Rates go up all the time, yet the council are doing less and expecting us to do more to help them. I will not help our local council, because of this. All they seem to do with the rates money is put up more worthless and waste of time Art works or poison the Christchurch water with chlorine. We use to pay less on rates and everything got put in those black council rubbish bags, so why do we have to pay more in rates and are expected to do more with our rubbish for the council? Makes absolutely no sense at all having to pay more and having to do more work!

Reactions: wizards rage

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Global Warming, Covid19, Recycling etc are all things that do not interest me :) - It's all a load off bull crap. My wife always gets annoyed at me because I do not recycle etc. Its all rubbish to me. We pay too many taxes, and too much on rates to be doing things to help the local councils etc out. Rates go up all the time, yet the council are doing less and expecting us to do more to help them. I will not help our local council, because of this. All they seem to do with the rates money is put up more worthless and waste of time Art works or poison the Christchurch water with chlorine. We use to pay less on rates and everything got put in those black council rubbish bags, so why do we have to pay more in rates and are expected to do more with our rubbish for the council? Makes absolutely no sense at all having to pay more and having to do more work!
D0EE413E-5F5C-4097-8EBC-323F18EF3062.jpeg

Reactions: J_P

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Your wife is correct. The only mistake she has made was not recycling you

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020
Anyway - this is not a relevant thread for a Warriors forum. We do people post these sort of threads on forums like this?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This is a must watch:

These assholes are responsible for knowingly wrecking our planet. I winder when they will need extra security?

Reactions: Worried2Death

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings