General CLEARY THRILLED WITH ATTITUDE AHEAD OF TRIAL

Ronnie_7_old

Courtesy of www.warriors.co.nz

CLEARY THRILLED WITH ATTITUDE AHEAD OF TRIAL

Vodafone Warriors head coach Ivan Cleary says the players remain positive and focused on football after a week dominated by the club's salary cap investigation.
Cleary plus captain Steve Price and vice-captain Ruben Wiki fronted the media on the Gold Coast ahead of their final NRL trial match against the Bulldogs at Carrara Stadium on Saturday night.
Cleary said the players weren't feeling the heat.
"The boys have been great," said Cleary.
"The one thing which has come out of this is how positive and tight our guys are and how resilient they are.
"(The news) was only delivered two days ago and they've handled it very well as a group.
"I can tell you all the guys are worried about is footy and getting ready for Saturday night."
Price said the players had been "too busy" to discuss the salary cap issue at length.
"Whatever happens we'll deal with it and move on just like the Bulldogs did," he said.
"People handle different things in different ways. Some guys are open but others might not want to talk about it.
"The group is very strong and there's a really good atmosphere in the club."
Cleary said he had every confidence in the Vodafone Warriors' board to deal with the investigation competently and professionally.

Like I said in the other thread its good to see the the players have footy on their minds rather than this fiasco.

AmeriKiwi_old

A controversy such as the salary cap scandal can actually pull a team together and help them to play even better than usual, so don`t be surprised if the Warriors kick some serious butt tomorrow! Be THRILLED!! :arrow:

Jesbass_old

Yeah, fully agreed, AmeriKiwi. Scandals tend to either cause a team to crumble, or band together like never before. Here's hoping for the latter! :D

warriors4life_old

good on them for keeping all that crap out of their heads, after all it wasn't the players fault

Skinny_Ravs82

warriors4life said:
good on them for keeping all that crap out of their heads, after all it wasn't the players fault

Yeah tell me about it. I think if people want to point blame do it to the older management. The players are a free spirit and they have only one job in mind and that's to play footy first and foremost.

ozbash_old

Ronnie_7 said:
Courtesy of www.warriors.co.nz

CLEARY THRILLED WITH ATTITUDE AHEAD OF TRIAL

Vodafone Warriors head coach Ivan Cleary says the players remain positive and focused on football after a week dominated by the club's salary cap investigation.
Cleary plus captain Steve Price and vice-captain Ruben Wiki fronted the media on the Gold Coast ahead of their final NRL trial match against the Bulldogs at Carrara Stadium on Saturday night.
Cleary said the players weren't feeling the heat.
"The boys have been great," said Cleary.
"The one thing which has come out of this is how positive and tight our guys are and how resilient they are.
"(The news) was only delivered two days ago and they've handled it very well as a group.
"I can tell you all the guys are worried about is footy and getting ready for Saturday night."
Price said the players had been "too busy" to discuss the salary cap issue at length.
"Whatever happens we'll deal with it and move on just like the Bulldogs did," he said.
"People handle different things in different ways. Some guys are open but others might not want to talk about it.
"The group is very strong and there's a really good atmosphere in the club."
Cleary said he had every confidence in the Vodafone Warriors' board to deal with the investigation competently and professionally.

Like I said in the other thread its good to see the the players have footy on their minds rather than this fiasco.

and i believe in the tooth fairy :roll:
still, it will be a good excuse if they make it 3/3.

Jesbass_old

Glad to see they've got their minds focused on the task at hand, even if a few skeptics think otherwise. ;) :D

Skinny_Ravs82

I don't really care about any of the skeptics (be it they are Warriors fans or not) as I firmly believe you stick with what you feel and I've always backed the Warriors (ok they do annoy me @ times but hey I still love 'em regardless). Ps if you had read my F7's article in the trial you'd know what I mean. haha

AmeriKiwi_old

The word "fans" is derived from the word "fanatics"... as in fanatical support of one`s team... you`ll find me in that group, not the "gloom and doom brigade".

ozbash_old

AmeriKiwi said:
The word "fans" is derived from the word "fanatics"... as in fanatical support of one`s team... you`ll find me in that group, not the "gloom and doom brigade".

"fanatic" ,, interesting word that one. i guess if you grouped them all together a group of 'fanatics' would be a fairly volatile lot.

most are what i would class as idealists, people who refuse/unable to form an opinion about a particular subject themselve yet are led by the ramblings of media,people in higher authority to themselves (ivan cleary ? ) or religious zealots,, eg allah.

being a somewhat sceptical kind of a chap i have always questioned other people. some may say this is 'doom' or even 'gloom' but i prefer to retain a grasp on reality rathing than someone else hanging onto it for me.
i amn also capable of watching a Warriors game on tv with the sound off. i find i dont need commentators to tell me if i,m enjoying the game or not. 8)

I have been both fortunate and unfortunate enough to follow the mighty warriors since before 1995, through thick and thin, through the good times and the bad (of which there have been a few).

i have an opinion on most things regarding the warriors and i use public forums like this to voice them.

I would suggest that anyone who is unclear of the history of our club to run their eyes over a couple of pot boilers- A new breed rising, Richard Becht (who happens to be a mate of mine btw) and Beleagured,The Warriors from dream to nightmare by Chris Mirams.

both of these books will give any new Warriors fanatic a contrasting insight into the brief history of our club.

i have both copies of these books and as a gesture of goodwill and kiwi generosity i am offering to lend them to any american friends i may run across to give him/her an insight to our club.

i mean, why should i keep all this doom and gloom to myself :D

AmeriKiwi_old

Ahhh, should`ve KNOWN it was you, oldkiwi!! LOL!!! You know that great old song from the Annie play? You know which one I mean... "the sun will come out TOMORROW... TO-MOOOROW" (c`mon oldkiwi, SING ALONG now) plays in my mind and I SWEAR the songbirds outside my window seem to chirp even more sweetly than usual as the sun chases the clouds from the sky each and every time I read one of your posts!! ; )))
So you`ve been a Warriors fan since BEFORE 1995, AYE??!! WHOA!! That`s a tough one to match, alright... I`d only been a New England Patriots fan since 1971 while waiting for them to win their first SuperBowl game... only 30 years of hard times for the fans back home in Boston. Of course, they then went on to win 2 more SuperBowls in the following 3 years. (2001, 2003, 2004)
I must confess it was prettty hard to call myself a fan at times during all those years, but my love of the sport and my faith in the home team always prevailed in the end, and each new season brought new hope with it. Hope actually DOES spring eternal for many of us sports fans, Buddy... HONEST, it really DOES!! YES... REALLY!!
There were always a few members of the gloom and doom club in our midst. "Always one in every crowd", as they say, trying to pee on our poor little Patriots parade... some even resorted to calling our mighty Patriots names like "The Patsies", inferring they were just a bunch of girls. Yes, times were tough indeed, my friend, during that long and gruelling 30 year period. HOW long did you say you`ve been a Warriors fan, by the way?
Thanks for offering to lend me those books, but Sunday`s my only day off and I`ll soon be too busy watching my newly adopted hometown team, THE MIGHTY WARRIORS, playing that day. Anyhow, the plots of books like the ones you so kindly offered me are kind of like reading yesterday`s newspaper for me after having grown up in a place where SO many similarly themed books have been written over the years... well, up until 2001, that is, when the gloom and doom brigade in New England suddenly and mysteriously vanished into thin air and all those books seem to have vanished along with them. (KEEP THE FAITH, WARRIORS FANS!!)
Sheez, my kiwi pal, I`d been kind of hoping the Warriors t.v. commentators would become a little bit MORE fanatic while announcing the games, along with the rest of us, actually... excitement and enthusiasm are contagious, you know, and really add a lot to the game for everyone involved!! It`s not REALLY a brainwashing plot by the media or a secret message from allah, but if you feel better watching the game with the sound turned off, who am I to tell you any differently? Are you SURE you don`t want to join in?
So it looks like you`re going to keep your EARS closed to the t.v., and I`ll be keeping my EYES closed to those books you so kindly offered me... we fanatics often run on blind faith, I suppose, but that`s not always a bad thing. After all, it`s only a game... a game to be quietly enjoyed while sipping a refreshing beverage at Ericsson, proudly wearing your favorite Warriors jersey, smiling from ear to ear, and screaming "STOMP `EM INTO THE DIRT, WARRIORS!!!" "RIP HIS HEAD OFF!!" Gee, I think I hear those songbirds outside my window again!! GO MIGHTY WARRIORS... WARRIORS FANS UNITE... MARCH 12TH, 2 P.M.... BRING IT ON!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Ronnie_7_old

Okay maybe not the stomp their heads into the ground bit or the rip their heads off bit. Respect for the opponent goes a long way.

AmeriKiwi_old

P.S., oldkiwi... I`d add more of my opinions, but there`s no Warriors game on t.v. at the moment, and therefore no one to help me... you know us idealistic fans - unable to form an opinion ourselves. DUUUH, YUP, THEM`S US!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

AmeriKiwi_old

The rip their heads off thing was just a little joke, Ronnie... playing on the "fanatic" reply to oldkiwi.

ozbash_old

""I`d only been a New England Patriots fan since 1971 while waiting for them to win their first SuperBowl game..""

good stuff, thats dedication for you.

""HOW long did you say you`ve been a Warriors fan, by the way? ""

since day 1, followed kiwi league for about 40 years. thats pre warriors btw.

""excitement and enthusiasm are contagious,""

like bird flu ?

i like enthusiasm . its great. it is usually exhibited by newish fans (sorry, fanatics) and often wanes after a period of time.
often it gets beaten out of you by media or people who hear birds all the time.

"""STOMP `EM INTO THE DIRT, WARRIORS!!!" "RIP HIS HEAD OFF!!" ""

that is usually reserved for referees.

you are welcome to have a look at the books mate, i,ll pick them up at erricson one time.

and trust me, the tv sound is better on mute for home games.

AmeriKiwi_old

LOL!!! I LIKE a guy who can take it as well as dish it out, my friend!! Okay, I`ll graciously accept your kind offer regarding the books. I`ll see if I can find one for you entitled "Learning To CHEER LOUDLY", oldkiwi! LOL!!!
I DO understand about how some of those t.v. commentators can be... as the Pats were on the verge of reaching field goal range with 30 seconds remaining in the game (1st SuperBowl vistory), one of the commentators who, by his comments throughout the game had obviously wanted the other team to win, stated that the best thing the Patriots could do in this situation is to run the clock out and go into overtime... they kicked a 3 pointer with 6 seconds remaining and won the game. I wish I had the volume turned off when the jerk made that comment!
See you at Ericsson, oldkiwi, while returning those books! Gotta run now... feel the bird flu coming on.. or is that just excitement and enthusiasm for tonight`s game??!!