General Cleary doesnt like Seluini

Reaction score
ajofbrisbane

ajofbrisbane

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Not only did he not resign him at the Warriors.....Nafe is now signed with the Roosters for the rest of this season and next season.....he got the Cleary punt again?????

Reaction score
Sir Bluey

Sir Bluey

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
The best thing for Nafe to leave Panthers

Reaction score
Ranger

Ranger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, Roosters picked him up to replace Mitchell who's gone to the Cowboys with Segeyaro (who's off to the Panthers next year) injured.

(Bit like Beau Henry who was let go by Bennett at the Dragons and signed with Newcastle only to get told to look elsewhere again when Bennett signed on to coach the Knights)

Reaction score
Magic Stick

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Nafe looked alright the limited mins he got at Penrith

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
To be fair he wasn't a regular before Ivan came to the club.. Apparently he was weak on defence for them, and the Panthers fans aren't to fussed, but see he has potential. They have Seg for next year, who looks like a mega gun imo. Cowboys cant keep all their upcoming stars I guess.

Do we need Nafe back? On what Mara showed for us, no. Good luck to him, would love to see a few more Kiwi Hookers around

Reaction score
bigstu

bigstu

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
pretty hard when you have kevin kingston who is the captain and an 80min player. now they signed the cowboys hooker so good move he's still young plenty of time left for him to make a career

Reaction score
iago

iago

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
To be fair he wasn't a regular before Ivan came to the club.. Apparently he was weak on defence for them, and the Panthers fans aren't to fussed, but see he has potential. They have Seg for next year, who looks like a mega gun imo. Cowboys cant keep all their upcoming stars I guess.

Do we need Nafe back? On what Mara showed for us, no. Good luck to him, would love to see a few more Kiwi Hookers around

This. He was hardly on his way to becoming the next Cameron Smith before Ivan took over. I saw him play off the bench a few times and he looked like a one dimensional dummy half scooting midget, wasn't impressed. If he succeeds at the Roosters then good for him, but no regrets in letting him go. Some of these guys look like champions when seen tearing up shitty NYC teams, yet look well out of their depth in first grade. He's one of them.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Ivan loved Lance at Full back and Locke on the Wing , If I were Nafe I would consider the Roosters a fresh Start and do an Inu

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Nafe was actually a winger/Fullback when he first came onto the scene, I think he could take off if he went back there. I cant see him being a starting Hooker anyway. His strengths are his running game and breaking the line, the wing would suit him well if he can catch a bomb or 2.

Reaction score
LoachNZ

LoachNZ

Waterboy
Reaction score
what about centre i havent seen him play that much but is he the guys that kinda looks like matai?

Reaction score
Jesbass

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but I can't see how "Nafe Seluini has signed for the Roosters" equates to "Ivan Cleary doesn't like Nafe Seluini".

Can someone who holds to this view please expand on the logic behind it?

Reaction score
Lego_Man

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but I can't see how "Nafe Seluini has signed for the Roosters" equates to "Ivan Cleary doesn't like Nafe Seluini".

Alternatively we could call fanrrior in to explain the logical fallacy used.

Reaction score
Jesbass

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Reaction score
Well, yes. But the issue extends beyond that - the Warriors offered Seluini a pre-season contract which he turned down, signing a longer deal with the Panthers instead.

A degree of factual integrity would go a long way, methinks.

Reaction score
Magic Stick

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Well, yes. But the issue extends beyond that - the Warriors offered Seluini a pre-season contract which he turned down, signing a longer deal with the Panthers instead.

A degree of factual integrity would go a long way, methinks.
Seluini did the right thing turning down training contract...When Heremaia,Hohaia,Mara,Berrigan,Godinet,Brown was on the books

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score

There isn't any logic behind it. Though the thread remained as Nafe's career is still of interest to some. The OP won't be one we'll be promoting, putting it nicely...

Reaction score
Jesbass

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Reaction score
Seluini did the right thing turning down training contract...When Heremaia,Hohaia,Mara,Berrigan,Godinet,Brown was on the books
I agree. I think he did what was in his best interests, and good on him for snaring another opportunity.

Reaction score

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
i had thought seluini was going to tear up in first grade and that he was a player we should have kept. unfortunately watching him last year he didnt live up to my expectations, his attack was good but nothing special. as blain posted above he was weak on defence and his passing wasnt great either. he had a weak lobby pass in the games i saw him playing.

still it was just his first season in first grade, good luck to him at the roosters

Reaction score
Jesbass

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Reaction score
There isn't any logic behind it. Though the thread remained as Nafe's career is still of interest to some. The OP won't be one we'll be promoting, putting it nicely...
Yeah, I can almost imagine a scenario where the Panthers win the wooden spoon and Cleary gets sacked - I don't expect the latter to happen as he's rebuilding the club, but still - and then I can make a thread entitled "Brown doesn't like Cleary", in which I point out that Ivan Cleary left the Warriors to go to the Panthers while Lewis Brown was here (and thus player power sent him on his way). Then Brown went to the Panthers, and Cleary got pushed out again, thus Cleary is a victim of Downtown Lewis Brown. I'd probably try to add in a witty reference to Brown's nickname "Snatch" to further 'strengthen' my point.

Meh...sorry.

Reaction score
fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
post hoc, ergo hoc fallacy. One makes the mistake of assuming correlation implies causation...

Reaction score

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, I can almost imagine a scenario where the Panthers win the wooden spoon and Cleary gets sacked - I don't expect the latter to happen as he's rebuilding the club, but still - and then I can make a thread entitled "Brown doesn't like Cleary", in which I point out that Ivan Cleary left the Warriors to go to the Panthers while Lewis Brown was here (and thus player power sent him on his way). Then Brown went to the Panthers, and Cleary got pushed out again, thus Cleary is a victim of Downtown Lewis Brown. I'd probably try to add in a witty reference to Brown's nickname "Snatch" to further 'strengthen' my point.

Meh...sorry.

This rebuilding garbage these clubs keep trotting out is a joke...Penrith and Parra have plenty of talent, but because they had crap seasons last year, they give themselves
a built in excuse for this season. The only club that is truly rebuilding is Newcastle, Bennett is culling players left and right that dont fit his criteria.

The two teams that i think could have had an excuse, when it comes player talent in general are the Bulldogs and Cronulla, sure they both have a couple of very good
players, but at the start of the season they were filled with journeymen for the most part, yet we didn't hear this rebuilding dribble from their coaches, even
after both teams missed the finals last season....if the coaching staff are saying their team is effectively broken and in need of repair, i can only imagine how the
players respond to that.

Humans are naturally lazy, and if you give them an excuse or a reason to take the easy option...they'll take it, and to me, it looks like Penrith and Parra have been taking
the easy option all year.

Top Bottom