Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No regrats

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The media will drag this up every anniversary and do a review to see how he's doing.
and hopefully write an article about how he is still in solitary at Parry. Guys I knew who did time reckoned solitary was hell, and that was for short periods. My guess is he must be getting seriously affected.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
and hopefully write an article about how he is still in solitary at Parry. Guys I knew who did time reckoned solitary was hell, and that was for short periods. My guess is he must be getting seriously affected.

Think he was already seriously affected Bruce. No emotion whatsoever. The enormity of this act seemed to have no effect on him.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The only good thing about the media ignoring the case is that the next guy won’t try it here as they won’t get enough of a reaction.
This guys was in a world of his own and valued the opinion of fellow nutters on his website.

Now he will have the rest of his life to think about it. I reckon two years of solitary and he will be totally gaga.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Well, the simple fact is that unless he's the man in the iron mask, he will be remembered.

The media will drag this up every anniversary and do a review to see how he's doing.
Nice analogy, and yes the man in the Iron mask is exactly what this is.

The Yanks whacked Bin Laden then dumped his body at sea before letting the world know he was toes up.

Same anti terror principle at play here.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
I feel conflicted as I think he deserves everything coming to him if madness descends in isolation or whatever but the cost of what it’s going to cost to achieve justice really highlights the argument of the death sentence being necessary. And perhaps different levels of the death sentence in that the suffering of the guilty depicts the suffering of the victim if the accused is guilty beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Reactions: Sup42

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
I feel conflicted as I think he deserves everything coming to him if madness descends in isolation or whatever but the cost of what it’s going to cost to achieve justice really highlights the argument of the death sentence being necessary. And perhaps different levels of the death sentence in that the suffering of the guilty depicts the suffering of the victim if the accused is guilty beyond the shadow of a doubt.
And there is the problem- how can one be sure in every case of guilt beyond any doubt. Thomas, Bain, Watson ....

Have a look at the Innocence Project to see how many lives they have saved

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
And there is the problem- how can one be sure in every case of guilt beyond any doubt. Thomas, Bain, Watson ....

Have a look at the Innocence Project to see how many lives they have saved
Totally agree but cases such as this where there is no doubt why pay such costs to keep this man alive. At the end of the day as long as the victims loved ones left behind feel a sense of justice, that’s all that matters.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
When you think about it, if he descends into clinical madness when he realizes what he's done for an 8chan Larp, he's suffering a worse fate than his victims. That's an ethical dilemma if you want it to be, but justice has been seen to be done for the families. And I still think Jacinda saved us from retaliation and probable descent into hell by wearing that hijab, she won my respect.

As Slobodan Milosevic said in the last meeting of the Yugoslavian parliament, "Vote for this, and you drag us all down to Hell." That's how close we came to being a target because of this schizo.

Last edited:

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
This whole tragedy has been such a reality check, and that feels like such an insult to the actual tragedy that took place. The idea that 51 deaths is somehow a lesson for the rest of us makes me sick to my stomach. But it's still so sobering now, watching all of the victims speak, and seeing some people react with such an incredible lack of empathy. The bloke in the Warriors jersey, for example, was getting pelters from some people for speaking in the way he did. "Inappropriate for the courts", "what about the muslims who kill people" -- I wish I was making this up. It's so depressing.

The uncomfortable reality is that there are many people in NZ who hold some of the same beliefs that the shooter did; even if it's just the seed of it, or the watered down version, or the tacit, unthinking forms that they assume. It's a minority, but I know for sure that it's so many more than most of us are willing to admit. I would love for there to be a zero tolerance policy on all of that bullshit, and for us as a society to immediately crack down on any of those views being propagated -- dog whistle or otherwise -- by anybody anywhere. Preferably with a healthy dose of realism, context, and loving education. But even just saying that is going to cause people to go further into the other direction.

Pretty depressing post on what should be a relieving day, but it's upsetting to know that there are people who are more comfortable in feeling empathy for someone who murdered 51 innocent people than feeling empathy for someone a little browner than them. In any case, I'm glad this person has been put away for the rest of their life with no hope of seeing the freedom that the rest of us enjoy, and I'm glad we didn't make him any kind of martyr. He went through the same court process as any other vile, uncaring worm would have, because he isn't special.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
This whole tragedy has been such a reality check, and that feels like such an insult to the actual tragedy that took place. The idea that 51 deaths is somehow a lesson for the rest of us makes me sick to my stomach. But it's still so sobering now, watching all of the victims speak, and seeing some people react with such an incredible lack of empathy. The bloke in the Warriors jersey, for example, was getting pelters from some people for speaking in the way he did. "Inappropriate for the courts", "what about the muslims who kill people" -- I wish I was making this up. It's so depressing.

The uncomfortable reality is that there are many people in NZ who hold some of the same beliefs that the shooter did; even if it's just the seed of it, or the watered down version, or the tacit, unthinking forms that they assume. It's a minority, but I know for sure that it's so many more than most of us are willing to admit. I would love for there to be a zero tolerance policy on all of that bullshit, and for us as a society to immediately crack down on any of those views being propagated -- dog whistle or otherwise -- by anybody anywhere. Preferably with a healthy dose of realism, context, and loving education. But even just saying that is going to cause people to go further into the other direction.

Pretty depressing post on what should be a relieving day, but it's upsetting to know that there are people who are more comfortable in feeling empathy for someone who murdered 51 innocent people than feeling empathy for someone a little browner than them. In any case, I'm glad this person has been put away for the rest of their life with no hope of seeing the freedom that the rest of us enjoy, and I'm glad we didn't make him any kind of martyr. He went through the same court process as any other vile, uncaring worm would have, because he isn't special.
If he behaved like his mentor and went to a white gathering, and killed whites and their children, people wouldn’t dare say any of that racist shit.

Unfortunately, the next right wing extremist who attacks us will likely do just that, kill the NZ white sympathizers.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland

One of the ones criticising the way some spoke in court was our friend Michael Hosking!!!!

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
One of the ones criticising the way some spoke in court was our friend Michael Hosking!!!!
I deleted my first response because it was just anger.

Having a minute to think about that, I can only imagine that the thousands of Muslims affected by this will feel that same anger multiplied by factors of the thousands.

I think the silly fool has just painted a target on his head from people who have had their kids murdered.

I am guessing in his Kareness he never thought about the threat he has placed on himself and his wife and kids.

Fkn moron.

I am just thankful no one in my family would do that to me to sell themselves as a shock jock.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings