• Total voters

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Life with no parole.

Good outcome from the judiciary. Could not go any other way, although you never know what to expect in NZ.

First time that sentence has been given in our history.
I know it won’t happen but put him in with general population.... don’t think his life expectancy would be very long.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
A few things concern me about the case. Lock the guy up and throw away the key, but at the same time this was a unique case where the media deliberately didn’t report much.

1 - Media reporting or lack or - what was his motive; was he alone; are we putting things in place to make sure it doesn’t happen again; are there others with similar views; who enabled him in NZ, Was there any mental health issues, etc.

I know the judge has reached a verdict but justice needs to be seen to be done and by ignoring the case we have effectively left questions on the table. By pleading guilty a lot is left unanswered.

2 - specifically on motive, I briefly read the manifesto before it was made illegal but never read it in depth. His jumbled leanings did not appear to be what was reported (right wing extremist) he also had very left wing view, held climate concern, concerns about population, etc. He has been labelled as a right wing extremist without open and transparent analysis.

3 - he was physically (and probably mentally) a shadow of himself when in the dock. Very pale, very frail. He rejected legal advice. We’re there mental health reports? Was he deliberately left to rot away in prison while on trial? Even if he is guilty was this fair?

4 - countries like Germany and Japan hid from their past and ignored it to the detriment of the country. I can see a point years down the track where the above points may be used to gain sympathy to his cause when a more thorough analysis now could shed light on the case.

To be clear I am not sympathising, employ muslims and hope he never gets out but the media reaction to the case is unprecedented.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
he was physically (and probably mentally) a shadow of himself when in the dock. Very pale, very frail. He rejected legal advice. We’re there mental health reports? Was he deliberately left to rot away in prison while on trial? Even if he is guilty was this fair?
Probably was unfair. Who gives a shite?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
😂 You are correct but is that the right attitude in a democracy? It leaves me uneasy...
Of course you are correct, and I am sorry if I seemed to disagree. The law has to apply equally to all if we regard ourselves as a civilised society.

That aside, and because he is such a worthless piece of shite, my more base instincts took over.

I think the Chinese method of a bullet in the back of the head would be too kind for this prick. Let the fecker go absolutely nuts in solitary.

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
A few things concern me about the case. Lock the guy up and throw away the key, but at the same time this was a unique case where the media deliberately didn’t report much.

1 - Media reporting or lack or - what was his motive; was he alone; are we putting things in place to make sure it doesn’t happen again; are there others with similar views; who enabled him in NZ, Was there any mental health issues, etc.

I know the judge has reached a verdict but justice needs to be seen to be done and by ignoring the case we have effectively left questions on the table. By pleading guilty a lot is left unanswered.

2 - specifically on motive, I briefly read the manifesto before it was made illegal but never read it in depth. His jumbled leanings did not appear to be what was reported (right wing extremist) he also had very left wing view, held climate concern, concerns about population, etc. He has been labelled as a right wing extremist without open and transparent analysis.

3 - he was physically (and probably mentally) a shadow of himself when in the dock. Very pale, very frail. He rejected legal advice. We’re there mental health reports? Was he deliberately left to rot away in prison while on trial? Even if he is guilty was this fair?

4 - countries like Germany and Japan hid from their past and ignored it to the detriment of the country. I can see a point years down the track where the above points may be used to gain sympathy to his cause when a more thorough analysis now could shed light on the case.

To be clear I am not sympathising, employ muslims and hope he never gets out but the media reaction to the case is unprecedented.
I think if you read the Judge's sentencing remarks most of your concerns will be answered

Attachments

• Queen v Tarrant.pdf
    409.7 KB · Views: 9

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I think if you read the Judge's sentencing remarks most of your concerns will be answered
Interesting read and fills in some gaps.

Maybe it’s just me but I like to understand a person and see what made them who they are. Then we can understand how they got to where they ended. Bit of a personal study of people thing. Sort of how we look back on Hitler and psychoanalyse what made him tick...

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

I think you are over analysing the man.

He did not act in a Vacuum, he cited other Right Wing Terrorists as his inspiration, one who shot lots of liberal white kids, another who shot nine blacks.

He was therefore very clearly a Right wing terrorist.

There is therefore a well established link between these terrorists and they themselves say they kill in part to get notoriety which affords them a platform after the fact to promote their views.

Fair criticism has been levelled by non whites as to why there is this pattern of societies looking for mental health links in such clear acts of terror which is not extended to non white terrorists.

This is where Adern declaring it as an act of Terrorism (which he has been convicted of in our courts) removed a big bullseye off our backs from counter terrorist revenge attacks.

People say Adern wore a scarf. No she called a spade a spade and we sleep easier at night because of that.

There is a very clear link between giving these people a platform which creates copy cats.

NZ media acted like war time propagandist by their wall of silence. And that is exactly the state this person created when they murdered our citizens on our sovereign soil because of this persons political views, it was an act of war, so fuck him, he can be invisible, persona non gratta, like all our enemies of war.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
People say Adern wore a scarf.
A brilliant piece of PR is ever there was but I have no complaint. I remember my local mall seemed to have a lot more hibabs around after that and the women seemed a lot more confident. So please will some fecker in the UN take her away.

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I was listening to a radio journalist today live on air outside the court. He started crying.

You forget that the media have spent all their time focusing on the victims in this one case and therefore made friends with the families.

I think that is something rare that has happened in NZ and we should treasure it.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Interesting read and fills in some gaps.

Maybe it’s just me but I like to understand a person and see what made them who they are. Then we can understand how they got to where they ended. Bit of a personal study of people thing. Sort of how we look back on Hitler and psychoanalyse what made him tick...
It is human nature to want to know. Excuse the italics, brand new keyboard lol still getting used to it, cannot be bothered adjusting type.

I have encountered a lot of people that Joe public wants to know why they are the way they are. I am afraid the answer is not very interesting. They have a type of personality where given the right conditions they will behave in ways that you will have trouble understanding.

There is nothing magical about it. They are insects, like wasps, they sting. It is what they are. The ancient parable of the scorpion and the frog is very wise and unfortunately very true. They just are.

You or I when faced with the same adversity as this individual will not decide to get automatic weapons and kill children, no matter what happens in our lives.

We are just wired the way we are, and he is wired to be what he is.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
I still fail to see what we gain by not mentioning his name. The fucker sat through the sentencing or whatever we want to call it and never raised an eyebrow. Demented and a total sociopath in my book but the simple fact is he does exist and will do so in our jails for the rest of his life. His name should be something to vilify.

I was in Tasmania when Martin Bryant carried out his heinous act. I remember his name a lot.

Reactions: bruce

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I still fail to see what we gain by not mentioning his name. The fucker sat through the sentencing or whatever we want to call it and never raised an eyebrow. Demented and a total sociopath in my book but the simple fact is he does exist and will do so in our jails for the rest of his life. His name should be something to vilify.

I was in Tasmania when Martin Bryant carried out his heinous act. I remember his name a lot.
This guy wants to be remembered.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings