Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

One more good game and he'd have sealed his spot until his form warrants otherwise. Had two good games so far and hasnt really put a foot wrong. Was awesome to see him get the double...

2. Iafetas Kickstand Wang
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Iafetas Kickstand Wang 1st Grade Fringe

Am I the only one who saw him in the middle of the field standing behind RTS and leaving his wing completely exposed for DWZ?

3. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

Is that when he back peddled and caught up with the sweep? Saw him get caught napping a couple times...

4. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

He was in field to clean up a kick at one point. On the TV it looked like good work coming in to cover. So he was actually in field anyway?

Have to feel for the young fella. In the first half he bags two tries and this first grade thing looks easy, he was probably thinking he would be a good chance to nab another one in the second and be 2 games and 2 wins. Not a second half where anything that could go wrong would go wrong.

5. Iafetas Kickstand Wang
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

It's the one where they get a tap back over RTS and then Cartwright chips to DWZ to score. CNK is standing in field behind RTS. Kata is the furtherest defender out.

6. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

We had Ayshford and Maumalo out that left edge last weekend, and it worked really well for us. Then Kerney had to go and change a winning formula:banghead:.

7. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Wingers drop back on the 5th and then when the bomb goes up they either take it or provide support encase there is a spill. Nothing unusual there. Just good play by the Panthers after a favourable tap back.

8. Iafetas Kickstand Wang
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

There were four other Warriors around the ball. I know there's debutant bias where young players get a halo for how we evaluate them but plain and simple Charnze was poorly positioned in that play. Wingers don't flood in that far.

9. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Kata Fan Club President

yes they do, more to do with great vision and execution by the panthers after the tap back. Nothing to see here.

10. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito Warriors 1st Grader

Oh god, the mental gymnastics excusing favored players never cease to amaze.

Its okay if he was out of position, you can’t be in two places at once.

11. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

You can make a fair case that he drifted too far infield, but to say he should have been out on his wing twiddling his thumbs while a bomb was centre field is ridiculous. Even if he had no intention of doing clean up or providing cover, wingers head infield because they are the ones who take the first couple of runs in a set more often than not.

12. Iafetas Kickstand Wang
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

That last part is ridiculous. You come in field for a carry.... when you have the ball. Have I said he should have been twiddling his thumbs on the wing? To be caught that far in field, further in than his centre, he is in the wrong part of town. He gave himself no ability to get to the winger if required.

If that was Ken Maumalo my word the daggers in this forum would be out with great vengeance.

13. Far North Forever
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2013

Far North Forever 1st Grade Fringe

RTS grabs that ball then Charnze scoots up field from dummy, alas RTS who had a shocking 2nd half gets out muscled and Charnze is caught out. Damned if you do damned if you don't, he'll learn to stay on his wing and not worry about supporting others just like everyone else.

14. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito Warriors 1st Grader

Things are falling his way, after all that waiting in reserve grade, Kata and Vatuvei will be under injury clouds and Ayshford was ineffective.

Should be in the team for a while yet.

15. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

If that were Ken Maumalo I would be saying the same thing. When the ball spills from a bomb centre field back to the kicking team they spin it wide and you NEVER find a winger out on his wing. That's why they throw it out there, where the space is.

Like I said, you can argue the case for him coming too far infield if you like, and fair enough, but it wasn't going to stop the try from happening unless he was out there holding his wing.

A greater concern for me is why so many Panthers were able to get under and around the ball without any obstruction. Not only did Moylan have a clean catch but Cartwright caught the ball, waited, did a few mathematical equations, and still had time to put in a kick.

16. Maraea
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

Maraea 1st Grade Fringe

Where was everybody else

17. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Discussing the after match function?

That's the thing though isn't it. No blockers to give RTS a higher chance of a clean catch, no bodies around the ball to get to it first if it spills, no bodies around the ball to make a tackle and shut down any potential movement.

In Kearney speak the "process" broke down 3 times before it even got out to the Panthers winger. It was just a shit afternoon no matter which angle you look at it from.

18. Maraea
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

Maraea 1st Grade Fringe

Better coming in when you see the ball go up. otherwise, unless you know what the kicker is gonna do you're out of position.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  19. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

The whole team went soggy and limp.

CNK is doing great for his second game.

Zero errors in two games for a winger. Carry on I say.

20. Maraea
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

Maraea 1st Grade Fringe

I wouldnt give him an inch and I wouldnt say its okay, you were out of position at least you got two tries. If I have options I would put him back to reserves. I wouldnt need the headache of yet another player who brain fades the basics in my first grade team.