Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
From being seen as a reserve grader/fill in wing at a languishing club which has no idea on how to develop players because it is stuck in the dark ages/doesn't know how to evolve nor adapt to expected Kiwi Test center. Well done to Charnz.

Happy to see him go from strength to strength and getting just rewards for putting in.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
From being seen as a reserve grader/fill in wing at a languishing club which has no idea on how to develop players because it is stuck in the dark ages/doesn't know how to evolve nor adapt to expected Kiwi Test center. Well done to Charnz.

Happy to see him go from strength to strength and getting just rewards for putting in.
just goes to show how some people are incapable of thinking outside the box

a lot of people here believed he would never had made it sitting behind RTS. Yet low and behold he’s now our kiwi centre, or possibly wing or FB cover if needed.... ie a very versatile utility

Reaction score
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Let's see how he defends at centre first. He has developed heaps since leaving the Warriors (surprise), but defending at centre is a different kettle of fish to fullback, and one where weaknesses can be exploited mercilessly. He looked pretty out of his depth when I saw him play centre here.

I'm sure he'll be fine. He has a good head on him, and plenty of strength so it is just down to that split second decision making and communication with his defensive partners

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Let's see how he defends at centre first. He has developed heaps since leaving the Warriors (surprise), but defending at centre is a different kettle of fish to fullback, and one where weaknesses can be exploited mercilessly. He looked pretty out of his depth when I saw him play centre here.

I'm sure he'll be fine. He has a good head on him, and plenty of strength so it is just down to that split second decision making and communication with his defensive partners
I’ve played both positions back in the day.

full back is way harder. So much more space you have to cover, and so many more options for the attacker. Provided he reads the attack well, and knows when to pass the ball (???!!!!!) he’ll do just fine in that position.

In order of difficulty

Fullback
Wing
Centre

you need size or a step to break the tackle at centre or a strong fend

Reaction score
Damo

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He's also put on a few kegs since he was playing here so should be fine at centre size wise at least.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
He's also put on a few kegs since he was playing here so should be fine at centre size wise at least.
I think he had those when he arrived at Canberra.

Reaction score
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I’ve played both positions back in the day.

full back is way harder. So much more space you have to cover, and so many more options for the attacker. Provided he reads the attack well, and knows when to pass the ball (???!!!!!) he’ll do just fine in that position.

In order of difficulty

Fullback
Wing
Centre

you need size or a step to break the tackle at centre or a strong fend
I dunno, I think CNK will be feeling (and will be) way more vulnerable at centre

At centre you are often 1 on 1 against the best attacking players in the comp, you make 4x the tackles of the fullback, you have to read whether to come forward, hang back, slide, and communicate well with those next to you. You have to read decoys and cover either a rampaging second rower or someone with silky footwork and speed, you have to cover overlaps and you can be made to look like a fool (Hurrell cough).

Fullback is super hard, but at that stage the defence has already been breached. Your best bet is to go for the man with the ball and you are the hero if you pull it off. You are insurance, but the error has already been made. Of course kick defence adds another layer of complexity.

I think though, in terms of sheer split second decision making centre is the scarier position to leave someone lacking experience.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I never understood why Coach Muppet never played him at Center, especially when Kata was axed. He showed the same intensity Karl lawton does. Thats what our club lacks 110% intensity, leave nothing in the tank. He can player wing, center, FB, so why did he never get a real shot with the warriors. Well done George and Fraudney, we had such a good feel going into 2019 until George releases a bunch of our best players including SJ and CNK. Time for George to stand by his words, no one person is better than the club. I struggle to see his value add. He seems very amateur, not a businessman.

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I never understood why Coach Muppet never played him at Center, especially when Kata was axed. He showed the same intensity Karl lawton does. Thats what our club lacks 110% intensity, leave nothing in the tank. He can player wing, center, FB, so why did he never get a real shot with the warriors. Well done George and Fraudney, we had such a good feel going into 2019 until George releases a bunch of our best players including SJ and CNK. Time for George to stand by his words, no one person is better than the club. I struggle to see his value add. He seems very amateur, not a businessman.
Because we have a bunch of idiots in our coaching staff that's why.

I've said all along that CNK would make a great centre and a lot of people on here completely disagreed.

CNK had already left when Kata was axed but I get your point. Waste of an an extreme talent letting him go when he was on a minumum wage contract! And people will say why should he have to stay if he is going to be running around in reserve grade. The point is we could and should have used him at centre not just as a back up fullback/winger.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
CNK had already left when Kata was axed but I get your point.
Yeah, I just meant Kata should have been axed a long time earlier and CNK was oozing intensity and talent and had grown, wtf would you release him without giving him half a season in 1st grade given how talented he was/is. George strikes again as does the Coach. SK and George, the two Ronnies.

Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
3 international games now at centre.......gotta say i think once again the Warriors have lost a quality player just through a lack of vision from our coaching staff....

He handled the role without missing a beat. Most people we're worried about his defence but he was rock solid. With the attacking shape mostly being about 2nd man plays the hardest part of defending at centre is decision making. CNK seem to read these just fine. Attack wise he didnt have much oppertunity as they we're mostly shifting to Joseph Manu's edge (and rightfully so) but did his hit ups when they we're needed and looked solid enough with big Ken.

Tbh i think it's obvious he has good basic skills that would serve him well no matter what position you played him....really bad indictment on Kearney and co that they lacked the nous or vision to find a position for a quality footy player.....wouldve been more than happy with CNK and Hiku as our centres....wouldnt have cost the earth either...fmd!

Reaction score

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
A great talent and a good young man, absolutely not fully appreciated here in Warrior land, as when given a chance in first grade, gave it a fair crack.

Now because SK insists on tanks on the wing and the battering ram Kata at centre there was no apparent room for him.

I believe SK should full on his sword in an honourable way step aside let Boy George out the door first and follow behind him.

Question will we have a guest CEO?

Sorry slightly off topic

Reaction score

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Charnze is a pure football player, he can play well at any position in the back line and can do a job in the halves as well.

Watch his highlights vids from under 20s, it was pretty clear to anyone with half a brain that this guy was going to be a star in first grade.

Reaction score

Kalcod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I remember reading on this forum somewhere when he first started that he had the goods to be a great player, could read the game and understood his roles. His fitness was shot in those first few games, he was totally gassed, but he never gave up at all and I think he scored a couple of doubles in his first games. Another one we let go to be great somewhere else.....

Top Bottom