Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

1. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

I thought he was good too. I guess we can read into it that our centre & wing stocks are pretty good

2. JaggedJ
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2018

JaggedJ 1st Grade Fringe

Wasn't really getting a look in with our desire to have large wingers. Is more than NRL ready and I hope he goes well.

Interesting situation for us. Since the initial 27 man squad was announced we've lost SJ, Gavet, and now CNK.

We have to name a 29 man squad by week 1 so at least 5 people need to be added.

Keighran and Burr would be two. Milne possiblly a 3rd. still a couple spots up from grabs.

3. bobba
    Join:
    Apr 2, 2013

bobba Warriors Bench Player

Guess I'll
    Just post this hea

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • List
  4. Tony Martin
    Join:
    Jun 4, 2016

Tony Martin 1st Grade Fringe

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

5. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

Good luck to him. Always seemed like a lovely guy and played his heart out in his limited opportunities on the park.

Are we sure he was in the top 30 ? Some interesting implications if he was, guess it means somebody like Milne gets the spot?

6. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

WellingtonOrca 1st Grade Fringe

He was never a first choice winger though, was stuck there because they couldn't find anywhere else to put him. Was recruited as a half/fullback option but kept falling down the pecking order with the likes of Perham being promoted ahead of him, and couldn't defend well enough to have a decent crack at centre.

7. ArtySubs
    Join:
    Aug 29, 2016

ArtySubs 1st Grade Fringe

Good on him, great advertisement for the club especially when he bought those shoes for that kid shows what type of guy he is.
    Probably suffered from the not quite big enough not quite fast enough syndrome but he went well when he played would have liked to seen more especially when Kata was doing his best clown impersonation.
    Hope he carves up in Canberra, good on you bro.

8. JaggedJ
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2018

JaggedJ 1st Grade Fringe

His only chance of first grade here (outside of injuries) was on the wing and we've shown that we prefer our wingers to be large which CNK is not.

Raiders need both a FB and wing with Wighton moving to 6 and Rapana missing the first half of the season.

He's good enough to play NRL and I hope he takes the opportunity and runs with it.

9. 3rdstriker
    Join:
    Nov 11, 2014

3rdstriker 1st Grade Fringe

Charnze is the sort of person you want at your club a good humble dude. Tries his best but maybe just lacked size good luck to him and his family for his next adventures.

10. Jwoodzy02
    Join:
    Nov 14, 2015

Jwoodzy02 1st Grade Fringe

Sad

11. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Since Wade Mckinnon denied he was off to the Tigers which was then announced with a statement of "Yeah I'd liked to have been honest but ...........". I've always been skeptical of these denials. I can understand guys denying a move cause it might not be signed off. It could also eventually fall apart and they end up staying.

As you posted he denied it a while back. It may not have been an option then but who knows what happened behind the scenes. The Raiders could of come back again with a more serious offer or things progressed as the off season went along as both clubs looked at their squads.

It's a shame he's gone as he did offer something when he was brought up. He added some enthusiasm and is also a different body type out wide, a bit more agile than some of our other wing options.

Good luck to him. I can't recall any issues with him off the field, he has seemed like a good guy to have around the club.

12. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

The article for this ends with - More to come

What else is there. What flight number he'll be leaving on?
    Usually this could mean another announcement is following....................................Please a signing of some sort as it seems to much leaving compared to coming in.

The article below I'm sure is expanded from earlier this morning so probably forgot to take it out.

Rugby league: Surprise as promising utility Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad leaves Warriors

Promising Warriors utility Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad is leaving the club.

The 23-year-old, who signed from the Storm four years ago, announced his departure on social media last night.

Nicoll-Klokstad, who made seven NRL appearances during the 2017 season, is off to the Canberra Raiders.

His exit isn't completely unexpected but will be lamented by some fans.

Nicoll-Klokstad has always stood out for his professional attitude, encompassed by the way he adapted quickly when given his first grade chance in 2017.

He looked immediately at home, and had the priceless knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Nicoll-Klokstad, who is of Maori, Cook Islands and Norwegian descent, grabbed try doubles on three occasions, and left with the impressive record of seven tries from seven appearances.

He also averaged more than 100m per match in those seven games, and looked a player for the future.

But he didn't feature last season, with the emergence of Ken Maumalo and the superlative form of David Fusitua locking up the wing spots.

The arrival of both Peta Hiku and Gerard Beale at the start of last year always meant his chances were going to be limited, as the two Kiwi internationals pushed him down the queue for a centre spot.

He was seen as an emerging talent, but limited to grinding away in reserve grade.

But Nicoll-Klokstad had an X factor rarely seen in young players at the Warriors and will be hopeful of more first grade chances across the Tasman.

"It's simply a better opportunity for him," said Warriors football manager Brian Smith.

--More to come

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

13. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

14. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 Lord Giveth, And Lord Taketh SJ

His attack last year was great, he was making bulk meters with the ball every week. But I was still seeing him make plenty of mistakes in D. He seems to have bulked up over the offseason though, so hopefully he can put that to use in improving his D. Hope he gets a crack at the Raiders, because hes a good fella from what we've seen.

15. valpy73
    Join:
    Apr 29, 2016

valpy73 Warriors Bench Player

Next cab off the rank will be Blake Ashyford both were surplus to requirements as we have 4 quality centers in H8ku, Beale, Kata and Milne then in the wings you have our starting two plus the young Fijian and others.

It will be interesting to see if we resign Bully at the end of the with rumours of us signing Smith

Kata has this season to prove it we hold on to him as although he is probably our best defensive centre he lacks quality in attack

16. NZDoug
    Join:
    Jul 11, 2018

NZDoug Waterboy

Disappointing, I wanted to see him shine in the Warrior's jersey.

Sure to rise!

17. crump81
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

crump81 Warriors Bench Player

Being also a raiders fan (since 1990) Im happy with the raiders picking him up. Will get more game time there as the raiders are struggling to find an outside back at the moment. Just hope the warriors start filling in some of the spots that are opening up with players departing...

18. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Hopefully he gets the same opportunity as Bill Tupou who the Raiders gave a fair run in the NRL.

Hopefully he cracks it.

19. crump81
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

crump81 Warriors Bench Player

Sigh.... 2Pooh.... I was so happy when the warriors let him go, then so disappointed when the raiders picked him up. Talk about an emotional roller coaster lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Trugoy
    Join:
    Apr 3, 2016

Trugoy 1st Grade Fringe

Good on him. Don’t think he was in the running for a FG spot let alone becoming a regular.
    Like many have said, seems like a genuine dude and hard worker so definitely excited to see how he go’s with the new opportunity.
    All the best brother.