General ESL 2024

ESL is back tonight with the first game being the Hull derby.

Hull 0 - Rovers 22.

Hull were lucky to get nil, absolutely rubbish. Two Hull players sent off as well

Watched the highlights, how the fck did Sao get a red card when the KR player cranked his neck and raked his face. Pele's was just a dog act though.

Watched the highlights, how the fck did Sao get a red card when the KR player cranked his neck and raked his face. Pele's was just a dog act though.
Imho Sao should have been sent off earlier for the elbow and the stamp which the ref seemed to think was accidental. Two bad decisions equals the right outcome I suppose

Anyone watching Wigan v Penrith on Saturday night? A full house but I managed to get tickets before they sold out.

The missus is coming with me, the last time she came with me the language was terrible and a lot of people complained . I had to ask her to tone it down a bit

Wigan are world club champions again. Tremendous atmosphere and a real good game
Anything about the couple of key ref decisions in that part of the world?
Nine were blowing up about it on the news tonight.
Fully a neutral but thought Wigans last try was a little suspect, the last play with the Penrith no try I see no problem with the call don’t think you ever saw the ball down

Anything about the couple of key ref decisions in that part of the world?
Nine were blowing up about it on the news tonight.
Fully a neutral but thought Wigans last try was a little suspect, the last play with the Penrith no try I see no problem with the call don’t think you ever saw the ball down
Couldn’t tell from where I was sat. I was in row K in the corner where Wigan scored their first try. Not watched the highlights on TV yet. Whinging Aussies?

Also this in the last day or so.

Chuffed with the Wigan win. Not so sure about getting the Yanks involved in rugby league - and how did NRl make such a huge profit in 2023 - they were screaming poor during Covid 🤔

Couldn’t tell from where I was sat. I was in row K in the corner where Wigan scored their first try. Not watched the highlights on TV yet. Whinging Aussies?
Yeah if the Chanel 9 stuff I saw was anything to go by. From what I saw Wigan took it to Penrith and earned the win- a bit of luck with one try but some brilliant try saving plays put them in the position to win it so good on them.
Bit of pressure on Penrith never winning the WCC and the Aus NRL media look down their noses at the ESL a bit so think there’s a bit of disbelief in Penrith losing this fixture again after dominating the NRL the last 4-5 years.

Also this in the last day or so.
Be interesting if it were a success then the NRL could look at funding a NZ Pro/semi pro comp with maybe a Fiji team to fit into the mix/partnership between the comps.

IMG_0334.jpeg

This is our vantage point at the game, the corner where Wigan scored their first try. BBC interviews pitchside, from the left Mark Chapman of BBC, Adrian Lam and Jamie Peacock